Over on Cyclone fanatic ...

But if the ACC is indeed found vulnerable, the BIG will go take what it wants, and the Big 12 can go get some decent teams. The Big 12 isn't going to make as much money as the BIG, but they can be more viable if the ACC blows up.
Addington any 2 of the 3 mentioned would be no worse than when we added Maryland and Rutgers imo

Addington any 2 of the 3 mentioned would be no worse than when we added Maryland and Rutgers imo
From a football competitive standpoint I agree, but from a $$$ perspective, Maryland and Rutgers is a much bigger splash than Cincinnati and Memphis.

It's funny how everyone loved Paul, and he was the perfect guy for the program and it's all sunshine and rainbows. Now he's gone, and nobody ever liked him, he didn't reach out to former players, or anything else they can think of to point out why he was bad for the program. That fan base can talk themselves into literally anything. They just lap up whatever their d-bag AD tells them to.

FIRE FERRENTZ!!!!

FIRE FERRENTZ!!!!
No question there were a few horrible years where a lot of us were sick of KF. He made some changes, refocused and obviously we were pleased with the results and hope he continues to do well. We don't just automatically drop to our knees with our mouth open ready to take whatever the AD tells us to take unlike "other" fan bases.

Lazard won't play in a bowl game in his 4 years, but he is gonna call another program a joke.....NDSU goes to a bowl game every year if they are in the Big12, it is ISU that is the joke.

Worse than ISU being a joke, they are irrelevant in the college football landscape. Seriously, what team doesn't make a New Years Eve bowl game from time-to-time, and if you aren't making New Year's Eve bowl games, you aren't contending for any championships.

But if the ACC is indeed found vulnerable, the BIG will go take what it wants, and the Big 12 can go get some decent teams. The Big 12 isn't going to make as much money as the BIG, but they can be more viable if the ACC blows up.

The only issue is that all ACC schools signed an agreement with a huge penalty for leaving early...currently $50,000,000 exit fee. I'm not sure schools would be lining up to pay that fee.

The only issue is that all ACC schools signed an agreement with a huge penalty for leaving early...currently $50,000,000 exit fee. I'm not sure schools would be lining up to pay that fee.
The Grant of Rights was signed but had language around the creation of an ACC network. ESPN has rejected the ACC once. The conference is going back to ESPN to essentially beg for a network. If no network is created, the GOR is not enforceable. Therefore, no penalty. By the end of the month we should know more. Could be an interesting summer.

The best and most obvious answer here is for the top 6ish teams from the B12 to get together with the top 8ish teams from the ACC for a whole new conference. Tejas & Florida tv sets all in one package - sign ESPN up for SEC II. Dump the nowhere nobodies that the networks don't want to waste bandwidth on. The Tejas & Okie chancellors just need to get on the horn to the FSU/Miami & Carolina guys and get 'er done!

I totally get it, but I guess I don't have as much of a problem when I can just point to the scoreboard or season record. There are terrible fans following every team. It just seems worse because of proximity. I really don't like a lot of Iowa fans because of they way they act, if I'm being totally honest.

There are some terrible fans in every base, but there are some fan bases that stand out. ISU is near the top when it comes to douchbaggery

56564063.jpg

There are some terrible fans in every base, but there are some fan bases that stand out. ISU is near the top when it comes to douchbaggery

Maybe online but having gone to Ames for the last 4 games Iowa played there and being amongst their fans and yes we walked around, the fans at the game are typical fans of any team. It's the same at Iowa games at home (and how many opposing coaches have commented on the verbal messages conveyed by Iowa fans on that east sideline). It's when people are online unseen is when the garbage really starts. So if you have not gone to an Iowa at ISU game you should do so, I think you would be surprised. Now if you walk into Cy's Roost on Welch Ave wearing Iowa gear and talking smack, well then you deserve what you get.

Maybe online but having gone to Ames for the last 4 games Iowa played there and being amongst their fans and yes we walked around, the fans at the game are typical fans of any team. It's the same at Iowa games at home (and how many opposing coaches have commented on the verbal messages conveyed by Iowa fans on that east sideline). It's when people are online unseen is when the garbage really starts. So if you have not gone to an Iowa at ISU game you should do so, I think you would be surprised. Now if you walk into Cy's Roost on Welch Ave wearing Iowa gear and talking smack, well then you deserve what you get.
I was at an Iowa-ISU football game a few years back with my 2 boys who at the time were 7 and 9. We were wearing Iowa gear, so you may expect some comments, but with 2 young kids I expected it to be fairly PG or at least PG 13. Wrong. F Iowa, Iowa fing sucks, even empty beer cans thrown in my direction. I'm sure it probably happens in Iowa City, but if I saw it, I would say something and ask them to stop. Not one person said a word, and multiple different people acted like this on the way. That has not been my experience when I've been to other ISU games, (other than the fact that I still see "f Iowa" shirts or hear the hatred towards the Hawks) but the only Iowa/ISU game I attended, I was shocked they would talk and act like that towards small children. Like I said, it probably happens more than I want to admit, and 20-30 people can tarnish a reputation of an entire fan base if they are big enough dbags. It was just disappointing.

I've been to the last two Hawkeye games in Ames. Overall, it was not a bad experience, I tailgated with ISU friends, all went well. It is a good place to tailgate. I will say that I have never seen that many drunks in my life and it has never taken me that long to get out of any parking lot in my life......two hours after the game! It was terrible. The funny part is when I hear how great the Clown fans are, that stadium was less than half full at the beginning of the second-half, and probably a quarter of the fans never came back in. I understand why, but I have a feeling that even if they had a decent program it would take second chair to the tailgating.

I've never had beer cans thrown at me in Ames but the last time I was there I heard a lot of pretty terrible things and F bombs said in front of children. I don't think I'll go back there anytime soon

My experience was more like Hawk5656 and DJL. And dare I invoke the "old days", I assure you it was really bad in the 80s. Nothing will match @ Arizona in 2010,and there have been some rough years in Madison, but I maintain that Ames is as bush league as it gets. Very high school.

I've never had beer cans thrown at me in Ames but the last time I was there I heard a lot of pretty terrible things and F bombs said in front of children. I don't think I'll go back there anytime soon

Seems like a minor thing, and some things are isolated incidents. I mean, didn't someone puke on a kid a few years ago at Kinnick?

Last edited: