Over on Cyclone fanatic ...

westender

They started a thread to predict the number of wins and what would be considered success for the coach and the season. Surprisingly not seeing a lot of "we will kick Iowa's *** ". Probably have to give them until after game 1 to start that up if they beat UNI. Wonder if Matt Campbell has ever experienced a rivalry like this and had sidelines as close as in Kinnick. Anyway it appears their consensus is he must win at least 3 games, okay if he wins 4, 5 would be considered really good and if he wins 6 then he gets a lifetime contract!

They started a thread to predict the number of wins and what would be considered success for the coach and the season. Surprisingly not seeing a lot of "we will kick Iowa's *** ". Probably have to give them until after game 1 to start that up if they beat UNI. Wonder if Matt Campbell has ever experienced a rivalry like this and had sidelines as close as in Kinnick. Anyway it appears their consensus is he must win at least 3 games, okay if he wins 4, 5 would be considered really good and if he wins 6 then he gets a lifetime contract!
I'm sure he has in during at least one of his 8 National Title seasons (or however many he claims as a grad assistant.)

Yeah we all thougth we would win in 2014 also. I never envisioned the hawks having much chance to lose in 2014 but they did. But I agree that if the hawks play to their potential it is 42-10 hawks,

I would like to think after all the bad mouthing the Hawks received last year that KF would pound the snot out of a few teams this year! The Clowns would be a great game to really crank it up and destroy the soup factory! You know......give him a warm welcome.

5 wins would be really good considering it's impossible with their schedule. I see maybe 3 win...4 at most.

Unfortunately the Hawks don't pound the snot out of many teams. As good as we were last year it was a pretty close game. I would imagine the clowns couldn't have gotten much worse. Lol

Yeah we all thougth we would win in 2014 also. I never envisioned the hawks having much chance to lose in 2014 but they did. But I agree that if the hawks play to their potential it is 42-10 hawks,

New Kirk doesn't play not-to-lose anymore like he did back then. Right?

Unfortunately the Hawks don't pound the snot out of many teams. As good as we were last year it was a pretty close game. I would imagine the clowns couldn't have gotten much worse. Lol

Unfotunately, we don't pound the snot out of those that we can, by design. I really hope that our staff's eyes were opened last season to how "appearance" plays a part in the whole equation. You need to beat the crap out of those that you should or you don't "appear" to be as good as you should be. It is what it is.

Unfortunately the Hawks don't pound the snot out of many teams.

It's weird, though, that there seems to be one game every year where they start fast and keep their foot on the gas the entire game. At #20 Northwestern this past year is an example. It leaves us fans happy, thinking "I don't know WTF just happened, but I'll take it" and then feeling like "Why can't we do that more often?" Hopefully a healthy CJ makes it happen more often this year.

cyclone.gif

Hey Matt, this is how you do it......this might come in handy someday....;)

I will miss Pauly's antics
It's funny how everyone loved Paul, and he was the perfect guy for the program and it's all sunshine and rainbows. Now he's gone, and nobody ever liked him, he didn't reach out to former players, or anything else they can think of to point out why he was bad for the program. That fan base can talk themselves into literally anything. They just lap up whatever their d-bag AD tells them to.

Only at a program like Iowa State would a 3 win season by a new coach be viewed successful. I love it. Regardless of their schedule, win 25% and your a hero.

Only at a program like Iowa State would a 3 win season by a new coach be viewed successful. I love it. Regardless of their schedule, win 25% and your a hero.
I hear plenty about there top 30 recruiting class...he's already a hero.

It's funny how everyone loved Paul, and he was the perfect guy for the program and it's all sunshine and rainbows. Now he's gone, and nobody ever liked him, he didn't reach out to former players, or anything else they can think of to point out why he was bad for the program. That fan base can talk themselves into literally anything. They just lap up whatever their d-bag AD tells them to.

Yeah but did Paw ever make Chris Williams "blush" like Campbell has? When a great sports mind like Chris starts wetting his pants over a coach/player you know you're in for something special. And if you were fortunate enough to attend the 20 something largest spring game at the 3rd largest conference stadium, you would know "this is different". #AStormIsBrewing

Last edited:
Yeah but did Paw ever make Chris Williams "blush" like Campbell has? When a great sports mind like Chris starts wetting his pants over a coach/player you know you're in for something special. And if you were fortunate enough to attend the 20 something largest spring game at the 3rd largest conference stadium, you would know "this is different". #AStormIsBrewing

I gave CW a pass because he was young dude getting into the business. Now he is approaching 30, he still doing the fanboy thing? He still has the pom-poms out drinking the kool-aid.....oh my.