Over on Cyclone fanatic ...

I hear plenty about there top 30 recruiting class...he's already a hero.

LOL, that is like thinking that Foster last year was actually a real 4* player. I mean Minnesota pulled their offer, and he had one P5 school after him, and that was Clown U.

This years class they have 8 commits so far, and I think 2 of them have P5 offers outside of ISU, not much to brag about really.....unless you are a Clown fan, and this is a HUGE BREAKTHROUGH class for them!

LOL, that is like thinking that Foster last year was actually a real 4* player. I mean Minnesota pulled their offer, and he had one P5 school after him, and that was Clown U.

This years class they have 8 commits so far, and I think 2 of them have P5 offers outside of ISU, not much to brag about really.....unless you are a Clown fan, and this is a HUGE BREAKTHROUGH class for them!
I heard Chrissy on the radio gushing over the fact that they are some 5* guy interested in them. I have never seen a fan base so desperate to believe they are relevant. But they are fed hope more than any other school; you just think they would wake up at some point

Iowa State will be in a mid-major conference within 10 years.

Screen+shot+2013-03-07+at+11.51.30.png

It's funny how everyone loved Paul, and he was the perfect guy for the program and it's all sunshine and rainbows. Now he's gone, and nobody ever liked him, he didn't reach out to former players, or anything else they can think of to point out why he was bad for the program. That fan base can talk themselves into literally anything. They just lap up whatever their d-bag AD tells them to.

I found the same irony with how a fan base that not too long ago absolutely lapped up the once proud 'so proud' coach has quickly moved on and painted him like a coaching bafoon from a traveling circus. How many calls came into the DSM sports radio station just gushing and lauding Rhoads and fans waxing poetically about how much more they liked him than Ferentz. Iowa's days were numbered.

Remember that big win over OK ST and how that was the defining moment of their program going all blue blood 'next level'. Hearing about all the national run they got and the vast amount of 5 star players that would be lining up to play for ISU. So many that their coaches would need to turn some away.

Fast forward after multiple 2-3 win campaigns and its on to the next savior. Rhoads is now an after thought. A momentary blip in time.

Last edited:
I found the same irony with how a fan base that not too long ago absolutely lapped up the once proud 'so proud' coach has quickly moved on and painted him like a coaching bafoon from a traveling circus

Not only that, remeber after year 4 after winning 7, 5, 6 and 6 games they said the program was "on the rise". Remember ForeverIowan coming to HN and declaring the days of 2 or 3 wins were FINISHED, that the programs bad years now would be 6 wins. Fast forward 3 years and years of 2, 3, and 3 wins, and they act like Rhoads was a the worst coach ever hired.

Not only that, remeber after year 4 after winning 7, 5, 6 and 6 games they said the program was "on the rise". Remember ForeverIowan coming to HN and declaring the days of 2 or 3 wins were FINISHED, that the programs bad years now would be 6 wins. Fast forward 3 years and years of 2, 3, and 3 wins, and they act like Rhoads was a the worst coach ever hired.

Forgot about that too... Good stuff!

I want to see a stomping. Man I want to see a stomping. Time to set the standard for the next decade. They can bring in all the 2 and 3 stars guys they want. They can't develop like Ferentz can, and certainly shouldn't be able to compete with the Hawks when they've got guys like Eppy, Harris, and Benjamin coming to Iowa City. It should be a stomping for years to come.

Flush twice. It's a long ways to Ames.

Time will tell, but their new coach sounds a heck of a lot like KF. He is recruiting similar also. If he has good assistants and they become disciplined look out. My feeling watching them is they have more talent than the product on the field. The new coach also appears at first class to be bringing in better talent and better students than the last one did. He has some connections in prime recruiting areas also.

Correct me if i'm wrong but if KF manufactures a win this year against ISU, it would be the first time he succeeds in his first attempt against a ISU coach.

Time will tell, but their new coach sounds a heck of a lot like KF. He is recruiting similar also. If he has good assistants and they become disciplined look out. My feeling watching them is they have more talent than the product on the field. The new coach also appears at first class to be bringing in better talent and better students than the last one did. He has some connections in prime recruiting areas also.
One of two things will happen. He'll start to have some success, and then jump to greener pastures (like Bruce or Majors) or he will fizzle out like McCarney or Rhoads. It's just not in the cards for any kind of on-going success there.

Correct me if i'm wrong but if KF manufactures a win this year against ISU, it would be the first time he succeeds in his first attempt against a ISU coach.

I think we swept that guy that went to Auburn and won a NC...Cheese something or other. But your point is taken.

In this case, I woulda preferred being wrong but there is this problem. These are the games KF should be forced to watch in the offseason so we don't have relive such moments.

Until Kirk has a winning record against Moo U, he'll always be second to Hayden. No excuse for games like the above...or 2014. (the one that started the "he's done" talk)

One of two things will happen. He'll start to have some success, and then jump to greener pastures (like Bruce or Majors) or he will fizzle out like McCarney or Rhoads. It's just not in the cards for any kind of on-going success there.

Yep. I actually agree with the above poster. Campbell seems like a good coach. However, Iowa State is the problem. It's a coaching graveyard. Always has been. If he can manage to have a little success there I imagine he'll bolt for a better opportunity as soon as he can. He's not dumb. Sustaining success there is impossible. Heck even at Iowa it's hard to do consistently. Iowa has special seasons every 3 or so years. There's no way any type of success can be sustained at ISU. I won't change my mind on that until I see it happen.

In this case, I woulda preferred being wrong but there is this problem. These are the games KF should be forced to watch in the offseason so we don't have relive such moments.

Well, I stand corrected. Damn, I've been critical of our coach in the past, but even I couldn't give him a break. Hell, ISU should change coaches every season.

Latest posts