Over on Cyclone fanatic ...

"Decent" is relative. Decent would be a .500 season for isu, compared to the last decade.

Personally, I have no issue with isu getting better, as long as Iowa beats them.

It is what D-Vogs and Drummer were alluding to any type of success they have their fan base becomes delusional and annoying. Our fan base can become delusional and annoying, but there are enough of us grounded in reality that can keep things in perspective.......checks and balances. ISU doesn't have anyone they all start drinking the kool aid. It truly is cult like.

It is what D-Vogs and Drummer were alluding to any type of success they have their fan base becomes delusional and annoying.

Last year proved it is even worse than that. They proved that they can go 3-9, lost to Iowa, and Iowa can go 12-0 and they STILL think they win the B1G and are better than Iowa! It is completely freaking nuts.

Past history doesn't even help them. They had Danny Mac who used to beat Iowa like a drum, won 7 or more games 5 times including a 9 win season. How did that end for them? Then they got the Cheesedick, they told us how great he recruited. How did that end for them? Then they get the sidelinepsycho in Rhoads. He instantly wins 7 game, then 5 and 6 and 6, and they tell us they are a program on the rise, they will never only win 3 games again. How did that end for them.

I think CMC is going to be just like the Cheesedick. If he has any kind of success (5, 6, 7 wins) and another program offers, he will be out the door faster than you can say Cael Sanderson or Fred Hoiberg. Nobody, and I mean even the legends of ISU want to stay in that sh1thole.

Last year proved it is even worse than that. They proved that they can go 3-9, lost to Iowa, and Iowa can go 12-0 and they STILL think they win the B1G and are better than Iowa! It is completely freaking nuts.

Past history doesn't even help them. They had Danny Mac who used to beat Iowa like a drum, won 7 or more games 5 times including a 9 win season. How did that end for them? Then they got the Cheesedick, they told us how great he recruited. How did that end for them? Then they get the sidelinepsycho in Rhoads. He instantly wins 7 game, then 5 and 6 and 6, and they tell us they are a program on the rise, they will never only win 3 games again. How did that end for them.

I think CMC is going to be just like the Cheesedick. If he has any kind of success (5, 6, 7 wins) and another program offers, he will be out the door faster than you can say Cael Sanderson or Fred Hoiberg. Nobody, and I mean even the legends of ISU want to stay in that sh1thole.
Dean, you seem as delusional as the clownfans

What is it about ISU that splits us as a fan base? I do not root for them at all. They are the enemy. Only exceptions being if they were to beat an opponent say in basketball that'd help our strength of schedule... That's about it. Football I can care less about them. Iowa gets nothing but some exercise on a Saturday when they beat them. And it's worse then a kick to the nuts when Iowa loses to them. Is it just because they share the state? If anything we should hate them more because they attempt to get same recruits. If ISU was in the MAC or Mountain West where they belong would Lazard have went there? Imagine if he'd have came to Iowa instead of that downtrodden program. A kid like that would make a world of difference with Iowa. But he's going to toil away there and just hope he can get to the NFL by his physical traits. Cause he won't have played any meaningful football... I can't wait till Texas, and or OU jump that conference so it has to break up. Those two schools are the only things holding it together.. As big as KU hoops is it's football that brings in the big bucks.

Some ISU fans spew this crap to get under our skin (thus delusional)......I tolerate them, but given the opportunity, beat'em like a red (and yellow)-headed step-child...;)

What is it about ISU that splits us as a fan base? I do not root for them at all. They are the enemy. Only exceptions being if they were to beat an opponent say in basketball that'd help our strength of schedule... That's about it. Football I can care less about them. Iowa gets nothing but some exercise on a Saturday when they beat them. And it's worse then a kick to the nuts when Iowa loses to them. Is it just because they share the state? If anything we should hate them more because they attempt to get same recruits. If ISU was in the MAC or Mountain West where they belong would Lazard have went there? Imagine if he'd have came to Iowa instead of that downtrodden program. A kid like that would make a world of difference with Iowa. But he's going to toil away there and just hope he can get to the NFL by his physical traits. Cause he won't have played any meaningful football... I can't wait till Texas, and or OU jump that conference so it has to break up. Those two schools are the only things holding it together.. As big as KU hoops is it's football that brings in the big bucks.

Perfect example. Everyone sees this, but Cyclone fan will try and convince you that the conference has never been more stable. Or they will try and spin it with a farfetched hypothetical of Michigan and OSU wanting out of the B1G and Iowa being in a similar boat.

Perfect example. Everyone sees this, but Cyclone fan will try and convince you that the conference has never been more stable. Or they will try and spin it with a farfetched hypothetical of Michigan and OSU wanting out of the B1G and Iowa being in a similar boat.
yeah Iowa's not even close to ISU in that regard. If they play that hypothetical card Iowa would have no problem finding a great landing spot. Iowa's a top 30 revenue generating school.... ISU is well ISU... Fortunately the B1G is talking about expanding (again) and is far from being talked about in the same way the BIG 12 is... Seriously if either Texas or OU were to jump that domino would start a chain reaction.

The majority of Cyclone fans still believe they should have beat Iowa last year. I can't count how many times I've seen people on that site make the claim that they were just a few plays away from being a 7 or 8 win team last year. It's completely mind-boggling.

The majority of Cyclone fans still believe they should have beat Iowa last year. I can't count how many times I've seen people on that site make the claim that they were just a few plays away from being a 7 or 8 win team last year. It's completely mind-boggling.

That's exactly right.....hell, I was a couple of dates away from marrying Heidi Klum, but Seal got in the way for goodness sake.....ISU fans are above and beyond delirious in every fashion of the word...........They do not know when to quit w/their nonsensical gibberish.

That's exactly right.....hell, I was a couple of dates away from marrying Heidi Klum, but Seal got in the way for goodness sake.....ISU fans are above and beyond delirious in every fashion of the word...........They do not know when to quit w/their nonsensical gibberish.

It's a revolving door in Ames.

Step 1: Coach gets hired. Fans fall in love and make crazy predictions.

Step 2: Coach sucks. Team sucks. Coach gets fired. Fans disassociate themselves from him like he's Jerry Sandusky.

Rinse. Repeat. This has happened with Chizik, Rhoads, Mangino (as an O.C.), and now Campbell. It's their trend and they don't even realize they are doing the same exact thing over and over again. Keep buying into the hype and keep failing miserably.

Newsflash Clowns! You are Iowa State. You won't ever have a successful football program. It's just not in the cards for you. The sooner you accept it the better off you'll be.

Marc Moorhouse tweeted today that he was 99% sure the Iowa/ISU game this year is going to be at night. Also, Iowa vs Michigan will be at night as well according to his tweet.
Decent chance the Meatchicken game will bring the gameday crew to Iowa City.

First off, I don't like to be involved in this rivalry. I don't have a problem with ISU, and have friends who went there (who incidentally also cheer for iowa most weeks). But, I will note this with regard to the bolded -- a lot of their fanbase speaks (tweets/posts) as though they DID BEAT Iowa last year. Because they were up at the half, and the game was tied for awhile. Might as well count that in the "should have won" category (which I did not know existed).

So, essentially, it wasn't a 3-win season, because they were tied late in the game with iowa. This is the part I'll never understand ... and if something like that happened on hawkeye twitter or message boards, I like to think we'd call it out until it ceased.

Was viewing Twitter this afternoon and I cannot find it again now, but it was there. ISU posted a photo graphic with Campbell on it that all it did was tout him as the youngest power 5 coach. Crazy stuff.

Was viewing Twitter this afternoon and I cannot find it again now, but it was there. ISU posted a photo graphic with Campbell on it that all it did was tout him as the youngest power 5 coach. Crazy stuff.

Well he is undefeated as a power 5 coach.

The Big Twelve seriously needs to do something with their scheduling if they are going to keep Kansas and Iowa State football. Maybe go back to an eight game conference schedule that is slightly weighted, where the perennial top teams see less of Kansas and Iowa State. The Big Ten operated at both 10 and 11 teams for a long time.

Lol check this out:

Next time you make an offer Mr. Campbell... you may want to explain to them who you are and what conference you play in. You've got a real genius right here.
once he realizes it's the team that doesn't play in the BIG, he will quickly throw the offer letter away and focus on Penn State and Notre Dame.

Get 'em while they're hot!

Cg_eHb1UYAAA896.jpg

Seems official now that it is a night game on BTN against ISU. Damn that will be a loud one, at least the first half until everyone's buzz starts wearing off. I hope those in the lower level of the east side start preparing commentary now for Mr Campbell. Give him a proper Kinnick stadium close up sideline welcome!

Latest posts