Over on Cyclone fanatic ...

I was at an Iowa-ISU football game a few years back with my 2 boys who at the time were 7 and 9. We were wearing Iowa gear, so you may expect some comments, but with 2 young kids I expected it to be fairly PG or at least PG 13. Wrong. F Iowa, Iowa fing sucks, even empty beer cans thrown in my direction. I'm sure it probably happens in Iowa City, but if I saw it, I would say something and ask them to stop. Not one person said a word, and multiple different people acted like this on the way. That has not been my experience when I've been to other ISU games, (other than the fact that I still see "f Iowa" shirts or hear the hatred towards the Hawks) but the only Iowa/ISU game I attended, I was shocked they would talk and act like that towards small children. Like I said, it probably happens more than I want to admit, and 20-30 people can tarnish a reputation of an entire fan base if they are big enough dbags. It was just disappointing.

The same stuff happens to my ISU friends in Iowa City. There are douchebags everywhere. Don't think that only the other fan bases had idiots among them.

My experience was more like Hawk5656 and DJL. And dare I invoke the "old days", I assure you it was really bad in the 80s. Nothing will match @ Arizona in 2010,and there have been some rough years in Madison, but I maintain that Ames is as bush league as it gets. Very high school.
When the team is the equal of high school I guess the fans follow suit.

My experience was more like Hawk5656 and DJL. And dare I invoke the "old days", I assure you it was really bad in the 80s. Nothing will match @ Arizona in 2010,and there have been some rough years in Madison, but I maintain that Ames is as bush league as it gets. Very high school.

Ditto on the experience at Arizona in 2010. Was there and they were the worst I have experienced. Unfortunately we lost that game in the extreme heat.

The same stuff happens to my ISU friends in Iowa City. There are douchebags everywhere. Don't think that only the other fan bases had idiots among them.

I would say 99% of the Iowa fans on here and on game days would not condone berating or swearing at fans of opposing team. I have seen it happen, and for the most part those doing it were beyond slightly intoxicated. I am sure with it being a night game in Iowa City this year unfortunately some of it will happen. The only place I have never seen it happen is at UNI football games. Never seen it take place there but those games also for the most part don't involve heavy drinking before games. For whatever reason the big time college football environments cause adults to behave like adolescents with a higher frequency than normal. Some feel the need to get drunk and act like they are 15 again.

I think the big problem with how stupid ISU fans are is that they are Iowans. I mean it is one thing if white trash Arizona native, act like white trash. It is another when a good, practical, salt of the earth Iowan is spoon feed shat, and just eats it on a continuous basis. I mean through 3 football coaches that fan base still eats the steaming pile of hope sh!t that is feed to them by Pollard and said new coach. Now matter how many living legends walk away as coach there (Cael and Fred), the fan base stands behind the snake oil salesman Pollard, and turn on the living legends.

It is sad to see fellow Iowans treated like that and just say "Thank you Jamie, can I have another"

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another-o.gif

I think the big problem with how stupid ISU fans are is that they are Iowans. I mean it is one thing if white trash Arizona native, act like white trash. It is another when a good, practical, salt of the earth Iowan is spoon feed shat, and just eats it on a continuous basis. I mean through 3 football coaches that fan base still eats the steaming pile of hope sh!t that is feed to them by Pollard and said new coach. Now matter how many living legends walk away as coach there (Cael and Fred), the fan base stands behind the snake oil salesman Pollard, and turn on the living legends.

It is sad to see fellow Iowans treated like that and just say "Thank you Jamie, can I have another"

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another-o.gif

I think we have to wait and see on the new coach. He has to use whatever means to try to draw recruits into Ames so that is tough and he has to keep the fan base excited which has been easier. We would have criticized them if they kept Rhoads so he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't and he sure should not listen to Iowa fans in deciding what to do. Realistically Iowa State will not make a bowl this year. The overall talent is not there as compared to their schedule. You have to give the guy at least 3 years and yes I do think at some point he bolts if he does somehow get things going there. It is not a final stop, and if he ends up getting fired there well, he set himself up for life by getting the job and I am sure could still get a job elsewhere. we'd all sign up for that job if we were guaranteed that money.

I think we have to wait and see on the new coach. He has to use whatever means to try to draw recruits into Ames so that is tough and he has to keep the fan base excited which has been easier. We would have criticized them if they kept Rhoads so he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't and he sure should not listen to Iowa fans in deciding what to do. Realistically Iowa State will not make a bowl this year. The overall talent is not there as compared to their schedule. You have to give the guy at least 3 years and yes I do think at some point he bolts if he does somehow get things going there. It is not a final stop, and if he ends up getting fired there well, he set himself up for life by getting the job and I am sure could still get a job elsewhere. we'd all sign up for that job if we were guaranteed that money.

I think you are missing the point it is the cult like drinking of the kool aid that Pollard keeps serving that deanvogs, DP555 and others are getting at. The fan base keeps drinking it up even though they can see the "causalities" all around them.

I think you are missing the point it is the cult like drinking of the kool aid that Pollard keeps serving that deanvogs, DP555 and others are getting at. The fan base keeps drinking it up even though they can see the "causalities" all around them.

Like I said I don't think he will listen to Hawk fans nor should he. If he kept Rhoads everyone would be all over him, including his fans who were demanding change contrary to what is being stated in accepting Kool Aid and now that he did make a change Hawk fans are on him and the fans for making and liking the change. Not so long ago many on here wanted Kirk gone. Memories fade quickly.

Like I said I don't think he will listen to Hawk fans nor should he. If he kept Rhoads everyone would be all over him, including his fans who were demanding change contrary to what is being stated in accepting Kool Aid and now that he did make a change Hawk fans are on him and the fans for making and liking the change. Not so long ago many on here wanted Kirk gone. Memories fade quickly.

You do realize if ISU didn't have that 4 qtr meltdwn at KSU Rhoads still has a job?

As always cyfans slamming Iowa for their bowl games. These idiots will never learn you don't talk smack when your own team isn't division 1 quality. Looking forward to ISU's 8 win season to be completed by 2019.

Bottom line. Hawks need to bury them. It's that simple. Nothing else will shut those morons up. Most of them still actually believe they should have beat Iowa last year. The only thing that will start to shut them up is going on another 3 or 4 or 5 game win streak against them. Otherwise they'll keep coming up with the same ol' BS excuses.

Stomp their ass. It has to happen. This is the year for it to happen. I truly believe it will happen. Hawks are better than them at every single position besides WR, and even that is a maybe when you look at depth.

Bottom line. Hawks need to bury them. It's that simple. Nothing else will shut those morons up. Most of them still actually believe they should have beat Iowa last year. The only thing that will start to shut them up is going on another 3 or 4 or 5 game win streak against them. Otherwise they'll keep coming up with the same ol' BS excuses.

Stomp their ass. It has to happen. This is the year for it to happen. I truly believe it will happen. Hawks are better than them at every single position besides WR, and even that is a maybe when you look at depth.

I don't think anything will shut them up. The "little brother" metaphor has never been more appropriate. Though I think of 'em more as "loser cousin", like Cousin Eddie from Vacation.

Last edited:

KF has accomplished a lot of great things during his run at Iowa this rivalry ain't one of them. I tapped out after the 2014 game. That 2010 beatdown was an anomaly I just do not ever expect to see that again in this game as long as KF is the coach.

It should be one of the loudest games in Kinnick, at least until everyone's buzz starts to wear off. We want them boys to not even be able to hear themselves think. Coach ain't never seen anything like the east sideline of Kinnick for a big game. Will be properly welcomed.

I don't think anything will shut them up. The "little brother" metaphor has never been more appropriate. Though I think of 'em more as "loser cousin", like Cousin Eddie from Vacation.

You would think all of their fans posting about that game that they would be willing to place wagers straight up if they believe Iowa State is better and will win, but when it comes down to their wallet I bet they back pedal quicker than their defensive backs do.

Latest posts