Over on Cyclone fanatic ...

Have to go back and dig up Lazard's derogatory comments that were derogatory to Iowa later on in the season last year. welcome him to Kinnick too!

Have to go back and dig up Lazard's derogatory comments that were derogatory to Iowa later on in the season last year. welcome him to Kinnick too!
I'm curious what those may have been. I never heard them. The only legit gripe an ISU player can have is just that Iowa didn't offer them and they got stuck at ISU... Not the case for him as he coulda went about anywhere. I mean really Iowa went to the Rose Bowl.. What bowl did ISU play in again? To not even make a bowl game when 5 wins can get you in one is just pathetic...

I'm curious what those may have been. I never heard them. The only legit gripe an ISU player can have is just that Iowa didn't offer them and they got stuck at ISU... Not the case for him as he coulda went about anywhere. I mean really Iowa went to the Rose Bowl.. What bowl did ISU play in again? To not even make a bowl game when 5 wins can get you in one is just pathetic...

He said something about the only good team in the B1G was Ohio St. Basically being a Clown fan through and through, which he was a Clown fan long before he actually became a full blown Clown.

Lazard and Niang were perfect fits for ISU... had the tool factor from day 1, along with a complete lack of self-awareness. A guy who plays football for ISU has no standing to say that ANY other program or conference is a joke. He's living it.

Lazard won't play in a bowl game in his 4 years, but he is gonna call another program a joke.....NDSU goes to a bowl game every year if they are in the Big12, it is ISU that is the joke.

I am sure they will run gimmick stuff more than usual in the game. New coach has nothing to lose as he won't be fired after one year. Let it all hang out is what I would do if I were him coming into Kinnick. Hopefully this is one of those games Iowa just drops the hammer on them. Not sure what to think of their QB now versus what they had last year when we played them. He better handle noise well cause it gonna be loud and he will hear things on the sideline on that east side.

I used to be this way, but not any longer. Those freaking Clown fans already delude themselves into thinking they would win the B1G, even though they go 3-9. Just imagine what they would say if they went 9-3. They would crown themselves national champions because they in the almighty Big12

I totally get it, but I guess I don't have as much of a problem when I can just point to the scoreboard or season record. There are terrible fans following every team. It just seems worse because of proximity. I really don't like a lot of Iowa fans because of they way they act, if I'm being totally honest.

The big argument is how tailgating is so much better in Ames than Iowa City. Not that they are going to win or there is a football game that will happen, just that Iowa City stinks because we don't have large cow pastures next to the field where the fans can gather and graze prior to the game. And evidently tailgating within sight of the stadium is a must. These are Clone fans. This is how mediocrity in football gets accepted. As long as the tailgating is good who cares if the product stinks on the field.

I hate to be "that guy", but as much as I enjoy tailgating in Iowa City. Things are set up much better in Ames. If you take out the team that the majority of the people are rooting for, I think many others would agree.

If for no other reason than the number of restrooms available. Finkebine has like 10 johns, in one of the lots in Ames you're looking at 40. Maybe not a big thing for some people, but if I can't use a tree and I have to wait 30 minutes to use the restroom, it kills the "mood".

The cops, do I really need to elaborate?

The proximity to the stadium is nice, and usually more room.

I know this can be circumvented, by knowing people and being able to party on private property, but in general this is how I see it.

What is it about ISU that splits us as a fan base? I do not root for them at all. They are the enemy. Only exceptions being if they were to beat an opponent say in basketball that'd help our strength of schedule... That's about it. Football I can care less about them. Iowa gets nothing but some exercise on a Saturday when they beat them. And it's worse then a kick to the nuts when Iowa loses to them. Is it just because they share the state? If anything we should hate them more because they attempt to get same recruits. If ISU was in the MAC or Mountain West where they belong would Lazard have went there? Imagine if he'd have came to Iowa instead of that downtrodden program. A kid like that would make a world of difference with Iowa. But he's going to toil away there and just hope he can get to the NFL by his physical traits. Cause he won't have played any meaningful football... I can't wait till Texas, and or OU jump that conference so it has to break up. Those two schools are the only things holding it together.. As big as KU hoops is it's football that brings in the big bucks.

The little brother analogy explains it best for me.

I hope my little brother does well, but I still put him in his place. If/when he beats me, he knows it will be coming back at him 10 fold. There are times he talks shit, and times that I swear, I hate him, but he is my brother. I guess the difference between me and many others is I don't get too riled up by talk I know is delusional bravado.

Oh, try listening to the cyclonefanatic podcast, when they are doing predictions, it's hilarious. Maybe that will help.

Wait, I've heard this one. It's the Toilet, right? Because of the water...

I try to dismiss much of the bravado that comes from ISU fans since most of it is coming from those under 30 years old. It seems they have such a short perspective when evaluating where ISU has been as a football program. Maybe I'm wrong, but I deem past performance as a valuable predictor. When you blame your past results on the fact you are a member of the Big 12 conference or previously the Big 8 then are you not admitting you don't belong at the level where you are at?

Nebraska a nemesis of ISU from Big 12 and Big 8 days has been in the Big Ten for five years. In the hundred odd games between the two, ISU won like 20 times. Now if one of the two strongest members of the Big 8 and one of the top teams of the northern division of the Big 12 is not running roughshod over Big Ten opponents, what does that say about that strong conference argument?

ISU has a new head coach and an AD that is stoking the hype around ISU football. There are some serious underlying problems with what and has been done to become competitive. Just two years ago ISU was barely, I mean barely qualified as bowl eligible because of its graduation rate. Why? Well it improved some since then, but nothing stellar. Look at the roster, there are many juco's and who knows how may recruits were admitted that didn't meet the Regents set admission requirements. After Rhoads was fired there were quite a few exits from that squad. All schools experience turnover, but ISU is among the top.

The landscape of college football has and is going under major structural changes. In the rosy news about Fox's bid for Big Ten rights there was some not so rosy aspects. It is a short term deal and the bidding expected didn't materialize with ESPN paying up big time to match Fox. The Big 12 contract is now in its sixth year and runs out in 2023. ISU is greatly dependent on those funds, better than anything they have previously experienced. Will Oklahoma and Texas, the pillars of the Big 12, accept being unable to get the money that teams like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa get from the Big Ten contract? There are multiple scenarios that could break up the Big 12. ISU athletic department fortunes are dependent on that contract.

The little brother analogy explains it best for me.

I hope my little brother does well, but I still put him in his place. If/when he beats me, he knows it will be coming back at him 10 fold. There are times he talks shit, and times that I swear, I hate him, but he is my brother. I guess the difference between me and many others is I don't get too riled up by talk I know is delusional bravado.

Oh, try listening to the cyclonefanatic podcast, when they are doing predictions, it's hilarious. Maybe that will help.
Sure I've always heard that but why are they the little brother to begin with. They aren't even the red headed little step brother. They should be looked at as just competition the same way MN/MO/IL/NE are as far as recruiting goes and that's it. I just really have next to no feelings for them to do well like many Hawk fans seem to when they aren't playing against us. That blows my mind. I'd have to be pretty bored to listen to one of those podcasts...

The landscape of college football has and is going under major structural changes. In the rosy news about Fox's bid for Big Ten rights there was some not so rosy aspects. It is a short term deal and the bidding expected didn't materialize with ESPN paying up big time to match Fox. The Big 12 contract is now in its sixth year and runs out in 2023. ISU is greatly dependent on those funds, better than anything they have previously experienced. Will Oklahoma and Texas, the pillars of the Big 12, accept being unable to get the money that teams like Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa get from the Big Ten contract? There are multiple scenarios that could break up the Big 12. ISU athletic department fortunes are dependent on that contract.

This is the main thing that would concern me of I was an iowa state fan. They act like the big 12 is unbreakable but in the next few years it could very likely be a battle between the ACC and Big 12 for survival. Oklahoma is already grumbling about their membership in the big 12 and Texas isnt doing so well with the longhorn network.

If the big ten reached out to Texas and lured them away from the big 12, that would be the end of the big 12. Small market schools like iowa state would not survive the storm as the SEC and PAC12 would immediately scramble to reach 16 schools as well. The superconferences would be born.

In this scenario Iowa state more than likely ends up in the mountain west, big East or even the MVC. I don't know why the cyclones aren't more fearful of this than they are. I'd imagine bob bowlsby is struggling with this idea ever single day.

On the other hand it would be hilarious if the death of the big 12 and the iowa state move to mid-major came at the hands of a former iowa AD

This is the main thing that would concern me of I was an iowa state fan. They act like the big 12 is unbreakable but in the next few years it could very likely be a battle between the ACC and Big 12 for survival. Oklahoma is already grumbling about their membership in the big 12 and Texas isnt doing so well with the longhorn network.

If the big ten reached out to Texas and lured them away from the big 12, that would be the end of the big 12. Small market schools like iowa state would not survive the storm as the SEC and PAC12 would immediately scramble to reach 16 schools as well. The supercinferences would be born.

In this scenario Iowa state more than likely ends up in the mountain west, big East or even the MVC. I don't know why the cyclones aren't more fearful of this than they are. I'd imagine bob bowlsby is struggling with this idea ever single day.

On the other hand it would be hilarious if the death of the big 12 and the iowa state move to mid-major came at the hands of a former iowa AD
The Big 12 is saying now they want to expand, or at the very least it sounds like Bowlsby is looking to convince other schools that is the right thing to do. If the ACC does not get an ACC network, I think they will get torn apart and soon.

The Big 12 is saying now they want to expand, or at the very least it sounds like Bowlsby is looking to convince other schools that is the right thing to do. If the ACC does not get an ACC network, I think they will get torn apart and soon.

Oh boy, let's go get Cincinnati, Memphis or Houston that is diluting the product and taking money away from ISU. Having a championship game ain't saving the Big 12.

Oh boy, let's go get Cincinnati, Memphis or Houston that is diluting the product and taking money away from ISU. Having a championship game ain't saving the Big 12.
But if the ACC is indeed found vulnerable, the BIG will go take what it wants, and the Big 12 can go get some decent teams. The Big 12 isn't going to make as much money as the BIG, but they can be more viable if the ACC blows up.

Latest posts