On the Record: Post your Iowa Basketball season predictions here

10-3 OOC

8-10 Big10

1-1 BTT

1-1 NIT

20-14 final record

big prediction - terrible start to conference schedule. could legitimately start out 1-6. and if that happens, watch out for the likes of basketballman and folks like that. there will be bridge jumping, for sure.

9-4 NC (worst case scenario)
9-9 Conference(our conference schedule is tough. I think this might be too optimistic)
18-13

Win two in the BIG tourney and we're dancing. That would put us at 11-9 in the conference and 20-13 overall. That would have to get us in wouldn't it?

I honestly don't see how Iowa could lose 4 non-conference games.

I'll go with 22-9 and an NCAA appearance. I don't know about post season success since it depends so much on health and getting hot...unless you're Kentucky.

I honestly don't see how Iowa could lose 4 non-conference games.

If previous seasons are any indication, it would go something like this:
Loss to ISU, loss to UNI, loss in Mexico to somebody, loss to bad team at home at random.

I like 10-3 NC, 8-10 conference. Problem with low RPI and weak schedule strength out of conference will mean tourney bid will depend on BTT run and/or quality wins in league play. I'm thinking higher end of NIT bracket with 1-2 home games by seeding. Beat teams like ISU, UNI early and I'll lean a bit more toward NCAA bid then.

If previous seasons are any indication, it would go something like this:
Loss to ISU, loss to UNI, loss in Mexico to somebody, loss to bad team at home at random.

I like 10-3 NC, 8-10 conference. Problem with low RPI and weak schedule strength out of conference will mean tourney bid will depend on BTT run and/or quality wins in league play. I'm thinking higher end of NIT bracket with 1-2 home games by seeding. Beat teams like ISU, UNI early and I'll lean a bit more toward NCAA bid then.

In order to make the dance, Iowa is gonna have to at least split ISU, UNI, and the brutal opening to the conference slate. They won't have a lot of chances to impress down the stretch, so they need to impress early and just take care of business late.

11-2 NC
8-10 conf

19-12 for the year. Just barely slip into NCAAs and win first round and second in an upset. Make sweet 16

11-2 NC
8-10 conf

19-12 for the year. Just barely slip into NCAAs and win first round and second in an upset. Make sweet 16

I agree with this. Except lose 2nd round game. Lots of kool aid drinking in this thread. I'm lovn it.

Ok, here's mine. Going into the Big Ten Tournament:

10-3 non-conference
10-8 conference
20-11 overall

Hawks will be squarely on the bubble going into the Big Ten Tournament. With the weak OOC schedule, I say they need to win at least one, maybe 2 games, in the BTT to secure an NCAA bid. Otherwise NIT.

It's impossible to know how the BTT bracket will look, since we don't know how the Big Ten standings will shake out, which will determine our opponent(s) and if the Hawks play on Thursday or not. So will not try to predict our BTT record..

Exact same as mine, 1977. Even down to not predicting the postseason record. Between this and our football posts, I think I may be leeching some of your brainwaves or something.

9-4 nc
9-9 conf
2-1 btt
0-1 ncca (11-13 seed)

lol at Central Michigan on the schedule- hopefully different result than the football team.

11 - 2 non-conference
8 - 10 conference
19 - 12 regular season total

1 - 1 Big Ten Tourney
0 - 1 NCAA
20 - 14 Total

I think the key will be on defense, especially using the press to force tempo. I really liked what I saw out of Aaron & Gabe at the point of the press combined with the added depth to help keep players fresh. My biggest concern remains the perimeter defense and their ability to shut down an opponent that gets a hot hand which they still failed to do on Sunday with #22.

Non-Con: 11-2

Conf: 10-8
Overall: 21-10

2-1 BTT will be needed if they drop 3 non-conf games.

Tournament: NCAA

Latest posts