Oliver Martin Transfer

Marquise Simmons went to Nebraska and then came back here. He was banged up but helped out on the last B1G championship team.

Drake is right on. What kind of precedent would it set for in state talents considering Iowa and elite programs, or any recruit who has Iowa as a finalist with other elite programs? Hey go try your luck for a couple years and if you fail you can always come back and get your scholarship. Horrible thing to do in principle.

Uthoff
Haluska

It has worked in the past.

Yes, we all know about Pierschabacher's rings and Alabama success...blah blah blah--not what I was referring to. If Dwight could do it over again, he'd still choose the Hawks. Being an in-state kid who plays for the Hawks has value over and above being one of Saban's little helpers.
RP could have had free drinks in Iowa for life. Nobody in Alabama will remember or care who he is.

I watched a Michigan game early in the season I can't remember who it was against, but I remember OM playing. At that point I thought he was on his way. Western Michigan, SMU or whatever game I was watching, from that game on I never saw him again.

Once I think about it ......it may have been 2017.

I just made contact with someone very close with OM who said he HAS NOT decided to transfer. This person has heard from him three times since Sunday with OM telling him he is not leaving Michigan. One of things that could be fueling the rumor is that he did not report back to Ann Arbor on Wednesday. He did contact Harbaugh and the staff to tell them he would be delayed, from what this person told me.

From what I'm told, OM will graduate next spring. He can stay at Michigan this year and if things don't go the way he wants, he can leave then and have two years to play without sitting out.

Now, things can change. And maybe he is considering a transfer. But that's how things stand now from what I'm told.

Kudos RH for providing actual facts.

If he does transfer who cares from where. If he can help the Hawks and play against Michigan that would be awesome. Can never have too many guys on the team that run a 40 that fast. But I would expect him to do it next year. If he gets buried in the depth chart he'll go somewhere.

If he does transfer who cares from where. If he can help the Hawks and play against Michigan that would be awesome. Can never have too many guys on the team that run a 40 that fast. But I would expect him to do it next year. If he gets buried in the depth chart he'll go somewhere.
I'm seeing anywhere from a 4.46 to 4.65 forty.

Morning Update: Nothing really new. There are some Michigan people who think he’s gone and headed to Iowa. I received a text on that last night from someone who read it on a premium board. Some of the speculation is based on Harbaugh saying yesterday that UM is right at 85 scholarship limit and they would be one over with Martin. But that doesn’t mean someone else might be leaving.

I would say the door still is open for him to leave UM as I have not heard that he’s returned to Ann Arbor and he’s still here in Iowa City. Again, the rest of the Wolverines reported back to campus on Wednesday, so he’s missing summer training.

I’ll continue following the story. As I mentioned, OM and his family are pretty private. Finality on this story could pop up at any time.

Morning Update: Nothing really new. There are some Michigan people who think he’s gone and headed to Iowa. I received a text on that last night from someone who read it on a premium board. Some of the speculation is based on Harbaugh saying yesterday that UM is right at 85 scholarship limit and they would be one over with Martin. But that doesn’t mean someone else might be leaving.

I would say the door still is open for him to leave UM as I have not heard that he’s returned to Ann Arbor and he’s still here in Iowa City. Again, the rest of the Wolverines reported back to campus on Wednesday, so he’s missing summer training.

I’ll continue following the story. As I mentioned, OM and his family are pretty private. Finality on this story could pop up at any time.

Great news. I hope he transfers to Iowa. Depth is something we need...someone with something to prove is kind of the Iowa way. He'd definitely come with a chip on his shoulder.

Was Harbaugh's quote actually singling out Martin?

No. He said they are at the 85 limit and people are speculating it’s OM leaving that got UM there.

If he singled out Martin, we’d have news. ;)

Oh I see. The official count is 86 but he says they're at 85. So there is roughly a 1 in 86 chance he's coming back!

I was thinking about it, is there a player in recent memory that has created more rumors about coming back here than OM?

I don't remember it at all with Pierschbacher, Darboh, Arrington, etc. Maybe because those guys were playing a lot early. There was a rumor in December that OM was coming back to Iowa to play baseball. Crazy.

Oh I see. The official count is 86 but he says they're at 85. So there is roughly a 1 in 86 chance he's coming back!

Way better than that. Gotta assume the freshmen aren't leaving. Plus, there are entrenched starters and guys like Shea Patterson that ain't leaving. So it's probably more like 1 in 40.

Harbaugh needs to work on "getting guys to explore other options." Coach Saban would never be in a spot where he is only running off one guy a year.

I can't even count how many times I have moved away from Iowa.
There is something that just keeps bringing me back.
That said, I'm planning on talking the woman into a 5er pretty soon and some extended vacations somewhere warmer during the winter.
Also, can someone tell the cops in Iowa this isn't Nazi Germany? Jesus I have lived all over and the cops here are so uptight.
Never even had a speeding ticket anywhere but Iowa. That's not coincidence!!

But back to the point.
Some people leave and some people come back. Some go and some stay.
I can't really blame a kid, when I myself have moved away numerous times.
But like I said, I can't see a scholarship for someone who has to sit. (If he goes that route) (which might be better and give him time to study the playbook).
But there are worse things in life than paying for a years worth of college. If that's his biggest mistake, an investment like that??
Well I think that he isn't doing so bad.

I was thinking about it, is there a player in recent memory that has created more rumors about coming back here than OM?

I don't remember it at all with Pierschbacher, Darboh, Arrington, etc. Maybe because those guys were playing a lot early. There was a rumor in December that OM was coming back to Iowa to play baseball. Crazy.

Maybe Rodney Coe, but he went to a juco, IIRC.

I can't even count how many times I have moved away from Iowa.
There is something that just keeps bringing me back.

Iowa is okay, but yeah, you hit it on the head about the cops. The biggest drawbacks to Iowa are (a) very little in the way of nature because they plowed under every square inch of ground for farming and (b) the weather. Iowa has a horrific mix of arctic-like winters that can start as early as the second week of October and summers that are nearly as oppressive as the deep south. I mean, it ain't as bad as Columbia, SC or anything, but it gets plenty freaking hot in Iowa.

He went to Iowa Western, I think, and then Iowa State. Clones kicked him off team and he finished at Akron.

That's it. I thought Iowa made a huge push when he went juco. What about AJ Derby? I thought we had him for a minute, then he went juco and then Arkansas, right? I thought there were rumors of him possibly coming back to Iowa.

Latest posts