Oliver Martin Transfer

Ping-Institute-Much-ado-about-Nothing-340.jpg

Well that seems a bit harsh. I thought players would be of opinion kids do what is best for them and their family. Should be allowed to change his mind if both sides (MIch and him) agree. I could see KF saying the ship sailed and no room but not being harsh about it.

The media is conditioning people to think the opposite of this. As an example, country music has been infected with normalizing stuff like this. Here is a song by LANCO about some guy who had a girlfriend, she went off to college where she was porked numerous times by some sweater wearing blow dried Chad and then she came home and the guy was all like "oh, that's okay honey, I'll take you back." It's disgusting.

Drake Kulik was a walk-on with zero offers who had no option but to go to Iowa. He is not in a position to judge someone who had a choice between any of the best schools in the nation and chose the school that produces more NFL players at his position than any other.
Kulik's all Iowa. I don't mind him criticizing an Iowa City kid who opted for the "sexier" option--especially when it's Harbaugh. Tim Dwight had his pick of the litter too...and chose the Hawks. Martin and Pierschbacher missed out on being part of the in-state family--their loss.

I don’t necessarily agree with drake here, but I can see his point. He was a walk-on from muscatine who worked his ass off to be a program guy and to get a chance to contribute consistently. Seeing an elite recruit from right down the road who had the world opened to him and turned his back on the program would be hard to watch.
I like Kulick and I still will after this is over, but if Martin never had intentions of leaving and he stays at UM, this is gonna be a bad look for Drake on Twitter. If i was so inclined to spout un-anonymously on social media (which I would never do), I would damn well make sure 1) the kid was really transferring, and 2) that the Hawks had shown interest. If either of those things aren't true then Kulick has now stuck both feet in his mouth all the way to the ankle.

And shit like this is why I don't have Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram accounts.

I like Kulick and I still will after this is over, but if Martin never had intentions of leaving and he stays at UM, this is gonna be a bad look for Drake on Twitter. If i was so inclined to spout un-anonymously on social media (which I would never do), I would damn well make sure 1) the kid was really transferring, and 2) that the Hawks had shown interest. If either of those things aren't true then Kulick has now stuck both feet in his mouth all the way to the ankle.

And shit like this is why I don't use have Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram accounts.

It'll look real good if the kid goes 7 catches for 200 yards and 3 TDs against Iowa.

Pierschbacher's last game was an embarrassing loss to Clemson. Had he gone to Iowa, he could have gone out on top with a pivotal Outback Bowl win. Guy made a big mistake. Huge.
Yes, we all know about Pierschabacher's rings and Alabama success...blah blah blah--not what I was referring to. If Dwight could do it over again, he'd still choose the Hawks. Being an in-state kid who plays for the Hawks has value over and above being one of Saban's little helpers.

Yes, we all know about Pierschabacher's rings and Alabama success...blah blah blah--not what I was referring to. If Dwight could do it over again, he'd still choose the Hawks. Being an in-state kid who plays for the Hawks has value over and above being one of Satan's little helpers.

fify

Pierschbacher's last game was an embarrassing loss to Clemson. Had he gone to Iowa, he could have gone out on top with a pivotal Outback Bowl win. Guy made a big mistake. Huge.

I think they went to 4 title games while there. Obviously didn't win them all, but yeah he made a huge mistake.

I think they went to 4 title games while there. Obviously didn't win them all, but yeah he made a huge mistake.
They made the playoffs 5 times and got embarrassed by Clemson twice and OSU once. I think Ross was redshirting when Cardale beat Bama. Look, my point is, whenever Ross thinks back to his last college game, it will be a loss.

Drake Kulik was a walk-on with zero offers who had no option but to go to Iowa. He is not in a position to judge someone who had a choice between any of the best schools in the nation and chose the school that produces more NFL players at his position than any other.

Kulik earned his way onto the field the hard way, what have you done that allows you the right to constantly bad mouth the players/recruits all the time?

So practice what you preach, and STFU yourself.

Kulik earned his way onto the field the hard way, what have you done that allows you the right to constantly bad mouth the players/recruits all the time?

So practice what you preach, and STFU yourself.

100 - I would say he's in a pretty good position to say what ever the f he wants.

I have absolutely no problem with Kulik's opinion, nor do I for Martin's decision. Martin may be a great guy from a great family, and the same could be said about Kulik. Oliver made the decision he did, that doesn't mean any of the players he crossed paths with, or those that may have thought he was going to be a future teammate, have to accept it. I'm guessing there's more behind the comments made by Kulik then we are aware of.

I just made contact with someone very close with OM who said he HAS NOT decided to transfer. This person has heard from him three times since Sunday with OM telling him he is not leaving Michigan. One of things that could be fueling the rumor is that he did not report back to Ann Arbor on Wednesday. He did contact Harbaugh and the staff to tell them he would be delayed, from what this person told me.

From what I'm told, OM will graduate next spring. He can stay at Michigan this year and if things don't go the way he wants, he can leave then and have two years to play without sitting out.

Now, things can change. And maybe he is considering a transfer. But that's how things stand now from what I'm told.

The big problem he's going to run into is, there is a new offensive coordinator coming in with a new system. If he's been passed over is spring ball for talented young guys, than there's a good chance he's going to stay out of the two deep. Transferring next season would mean learning a new system twice in two seasons. Doesn't sound promising from a football perspective.

Drake is right on. What kind of precedent would it set for in state talents considering Iowa and elite programs, or any recruit who has Iowa as a finalist with other elite programs? Hey go try your luck for a couple years and if you fail you can always come back and get your scholarship. Horrible thing to do in principle.

Adam Haluska and Jarrod Uthoff have entered the chat

Latest posts