O'Keefe's future if we win out

We have been able to win games inspite of K(no O)K. I've never called for him to be fired....but he has no sense of what is going on in a game.

If something works...abandon it. Its the KoK way.

Passing Offense:
Iowa ranks 33rd nationally
Bowling Green (3-4) ranks 3rd

Rushing Offense:
Iowa ranks 76th nationally
IA State ranks 12th

Total Offense:
Iowa ranks 55th nationally
IA State ranks 17th

Total Defense:
Iowa ranks 24th Nationally

To say that the coach of the 55th ranked offense in the nation is some kind of coaching Phenom is insane. The Hawks average margin of Victory in not even 10pts per game. So it's not like the O'Keefe offense is lighting the college football world on fire. Its the D. The D keeps the team in the game so that the O can squeak out the W. We are what we've always been.

...It is undeniable that our offense in the O'Keefe reign has been one of the best in the nation...

For the record, it was this line here that put you over the top. Had you not included this, you would have had me going that you were really a KOK supporter. I give you credit, you at least got some action going on a new website forum.

I appreciate the chuckle. Look forward to more.

To KOK's credit, we have had two major improvements this year.

1. Fewer jailbreak/bubble screens ran.
2. Fewer timeouts wasted due to not getting the play in on time.

I think...that O'Keefe will end up at either Florida or USC as the head coach (Penn State or Florida State are also likely to come knocking). That would really upset and for that reason, I am hoping we don't win out.

I think...you are completely unhinged.

1.gif

Oy vey... This was not to be advised as the first thread I read on this site. Jon, can you create a premium board that I will gladly pay for to steer clear of some of the crazies?!?! :)

I love Ken O' Keefe...I think he's terrifically underrated, but the entire premise of this thread is insane.

Oy vey... This was not to be advised as the first thread I read on this site. Jon, can you create a premium board that I will gladly pay for to steer clear of some of the crazies?!?! :)

I love Ken O' Keefe...I think he's terrifically underrated, but the entire premise of this thread is insane.

I'd like to get away from the crazies, too, and would gladly pay $100 a year for the privilege.

My guess is that now that GameDayRon has the patent on RevoltLL225, he will be printing money hand over fist. He will then become the primary sponsor of this site and no one will get to pay for anything. He will then donate more money to Iowa than T. Boone Pickens has donated to Oklahoma State.

If O'Keefe wanted to be head coach he likely would have bolted by now with the crap us Hawk fans can give him from time to time. One of the great strengths of Iowa is the cohesiveness the coaching staff has. I love the continuiety.

I know there are probably a lot of O'Keefe haters out there who have been silenced in the recent weeks. Now that the critics are silenced, we can talk about issues that are near and dear to everyone's heart, namely where does Coach O'Keefe end up if we win out. It is undeniable that our offense in the O'Keefe reign has been one of the best in the nation, and as is often the case, good teams want to hire top level coordinators to move up to head coaching positions. See, e.g. Bob Stoops going from Florida (d-coordinator) to Oklahoma.

I think Urban Meyer or Pete Carroll might decide they want a change of pace and that O'Keefe will end up at either Florida or USC as the head coach (Penn State or Florida State are also likely to come knocking). That would really upset and for that reason, I am hoping we don't win out. Of course, if we won out and then Ferentz's name was kicked around in the NFL and he left, I would think Barta would be smart enough to match USC or Florida in terms of comp and there is an outside we keep O'Keefe. What do y'all think about it?

With all due respect to KOK, who's called some good games this year, if the Hawks win out his future will be in Iowa City next to KF. Nothing more and nothing less.

My primary concern regarding KOK and the offense in general is how long it takes for them "put together a full game" I see so many offenses operating with a great deal of precision and continuity during September, our offense is ALWAYS a work in progress.

We always say Kirk's teams are better in November, the reason why is the offense finally starts doing something. Last year is a prime example of this.

Look, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that okeefe4prez isn't serious.

That being said, those of you who really believe you understand the complexities of the game better than KOK are delusional. We're not talking about Madden.

Latest posts