O'Keefe's future if we win out

okeefe4prez

I know there are probably a lot of O'Keefe haters out there who have been silenced in the recent weeks. Now that the critics are silenced, we can talk about issues that are near and dear to everyone's heart, namely where does Coach O'Keefe end up if we win out. It is undeniable that our offense in the O'Keefe reign has been one of the best in the nation, and as is often the case, good teams want to hire top level coordinators to move up to head coaching positions. See, e.g. Bob Stoops going from Florida (d-coordinator) to Oklahoma.

I think Urban Meyer or Pete Carroll might decide they want a change of pace and that O'Keefe will end up at either Florida or USC as the head coach (Penn State or Florida State are also likely to come knocking). That would really upset and for that reason, I am hoping we don't win out. Of course, if we won out and then Ferentz's name was kicked around in the NFL and he left, I would think Barta would be smart enough to match USC or Florida in terms of comp and there is an outside we keep O'Keefe. What do y'all think about it?

Well, it looks like we have found two members of the anti-O'Keefe bandwagon. What will you guys think of O'Keefe once the offensive line gets rolling and we are beating teams by 40 every week?

First we won't be beating teams by 40 unless you count the Goofers, second Fla and USC don't look for conservitive, slow ajusting OC's. Plus a personality like his would get eatin up in one of those programs ( big fish little pond theroy)

OMG...you were talking about him being a Head Coach at those places...You my friend need to get back on the meds.

Look, Ken, despite the criticism many of us lay at your feet, we like you just fine for the most part and very much appreciate it when you're on your game. When you are, and things are working, you're a genius. But don't get ahead of yourself - you're probably not going anywhere.

I also think it's a tad early for you to start campaigning for President.

If Ken keeps improving, I can see him heading to a Baylor or Kansas State or Indiana as a head coach. Not Florida or USC.

WOW! I never imagined anyone making those statements, I'll give him credit this year though.

I know there are probably a lot of O'Keefe haters out there who have been silenced in the recent weeks. Now that the critics are silenced, we can talk about issues that are near and dear to everyone's heart, namely where does Coach O'Keefe end up if we win out. It is undeniable that our offense in the O'Keefe reign has been one of the best in the nation, and as is often the case, good teams want to hire top level coordinators to move up to head coaching positions. See, e.g. Bob Stoops going from Florida (d-coordinator) to Oklahoma.

I think Urban Meyer or Pete Carroll might decide they want a change of pace and that O'Keefe will end up at either Florida or USC as the head coach (Penn State or Florida State are also likely to come knocking). That would really upset and for that reason, I am hoping we don't win out. Of course, if we won out and then Ferentz's name was kicked around in the NFL and he left, I would think Barta would be smart enough to match USC or Florida in terms of comp and there is an outside we keep O'Keefe. What do y'all think about it?
that has to be the funniest thing i have heard all day..... what in the hell are you drinking?

Ken will stay with Kirk until he or Kirk retires.

Not a chance. Okay, let's just say USC and Florida aren't in the market for a new coach - why wouldn't PSU or FSU make a push? Who else is out there? Dan McCarney??? Even if JoePa and Bowden don't retire, there are still going to be some nice jobs opening up, maybe Illinois or some other decent BCS level team. And you think if Zook gets fired and Ron Guenther is offering $2 million a year for a new coach that O'Keefe wouldn't take it?

And if Kirk decides to go to the NFL, let's say Detroit or Cleveland, do you really think a guy with O'Keefe's resume really ends up in one of those crapholes? No way, he would never leave Iowa for a job like that.

just because o'keafe has called 2 good games in a row does not make him a good offensive coordinator........just look at the non-conference games and you will see what I am talking about....way too passive and conservative in the 2nd and 3rd quarters

The wierd thing is KoK may actually be a genius and no one here would know it. KF is pretty heavy handed in determining what type of offense we run and he has proved how conservative he is time and time again. It's hard to argue with the success he has as not only has it worked at Iowa its almost universal in the NFL. We win games by running the ball, stopping the run, and causing more turnovers than we give up.

That being said the thought of KOK going to Florida is pretty laughable.

just because o'keafe has called 2 good games in a row does not make him a good offensive coordinator........just look at the non-conference games and you will see what I am talking about....way too passive and conservative in the 2nd and 3rd quarters

Those games were only close because of Norm's defense. Norm gets all the love, but it is Ken who is winning ball games for us.

Latest posts