O'Keefe Returns to Iowa Staff

Hopefully this makes a transitional collapse far less likely, 6-8 wins rather than 4-6. Maybe better if the stars align.

Super Bowl Shuffle!
200.gif

The program desperately needs new outlook, new culture and new direction.
So we promote Brian and hire a former asst?

Brian will bring a new approach on offense in some way or another, and I have to think with him being much younger we will see less conservative playcalling. KOK is simply the QB coach, but we had some good QB's under him. I'm actually intrigued to see how the offense looks this fall.

KOK has a lot of knowledge that he can teach,he's been a OC,QB and WR coach at all levels.Welcome back,good luck.Go Hawks

Hopefully this makes a transitional collapse far less likely, 6-8 wins rather than 4-6. Maybe better if the stars align.
So we have one of the best defenses in the nation coming back, we have pretty much the whole offense that has won 20 games over the last two years and I personally think we have a Heisman hopeful in Wadley and I think a better QB and you throw out 6-8 wins. Troll.

I look at it this way. I either want a really sexy looking offense with 11 wins or more or 4 wins or less so we can start over. I don't want this 7 or 8 wins crap that is just enough to keep the family around. If it's gonna be the Ferentz U, I want championships damn it!

So we have one of the best defenses in the nation coming back, we have pretty much the whole offense that has won 20 games over the last two years and I personally think we have a Heisman hopeful in Wadley and I think a better QB and you throw out 6-8 wins. Troll.

The glass is half full, but is half empty too. Defense had far fewer problems than offense last year, but they were weak against the run for the first half of the year. Iowa loses their best interior lineman, a seasoned one technique guy. Three of the young cornerbacks looked good late in the season, but the depth chart is going to be thin after graduating both starting CB's.

You have a new starting quarterback who is completely unproven. One excellent running back, and one very good receiver coming off an injury. The rest of the RB, TE, and WR are mostly unproven.

Cross overs are Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan State.

I am glad we have KOK on board next year. I may regret it in the future, but its a good bet the offense will at least be functional next year.

Yeah because O'Keefe was known for high powered offenses. How soon you all forget.
Did he claim KOK is known for high-powered offenses or did he say the passing game will have more vertical strategy than horizontal?

And since it is the latter, is his observation true or not?

Latest posts