O'Keefe Returns to Iowa Staff

Weird.
An OC in college. Toa WR coach in the NFL. To a QB coach in college. Seems like his career is going backwards.

It is... but if you were him would you care? At his age I'd be thrilled to take a QB coaching gig and reel in several hundred thousand dollars. There's little to no pressure here, and I'm sure he's not far from retirement. Might as well earn a bunch of money to do something you love for awhile longer. Plus he knows he's comfortable here. He knows what he's getting with the coaching staff. On the surface, sure his career is going backwards, but if I were him I'd be thrilled.

I like the hire. He's probably one of the most overqualified QB coaches in the country. He gives Brian someone with some experience to lean on when he needs it. I think it's a great fit. Welcome back KOK.

Zzzzzzzz.
I'll take a zzzz hire over a flashy one that flames out right away. As far as a mentor for Brian goes it's as perfect of a fit as there could have been. KOK won't be out on the recruiting trail telling the kids one thing and keeping crap from KF that he should know. Circle of trust got tighter along with the offense being in capable hands. I'm totally down with it

Weird.
An OC in college. Toa WR coach in the NFL. To a QB coach in college. Seems like his career is going backwards.

Kirk and Ken have worked on the same staff a few times....Kirk worked for Ken at Worcester....Ken for Kirk as his OC...and now again.

The offense may be improved but I am curious what the opening line at Vegas will be. The predicted over under for Iowa Delay of Game penalties will be 1.5 per game up from .5.

Is this more of a "we need someone to mentor Brian" or more of a "Kirk doesn't trust Brian?" jk

I do wonder how much KOK will be involved in the playcalling. Maybe conversations between Brian & Ken during the game...?

Was hoping for the Packer's assistant but I've missed O'Keefe's offense the instant I was introduced to Davis' so I'll take it.

Move not necessarily backward. I officiate HS basketball in Houston. This year I called a girls game for a coach who used to be a D1 assistant at Colorado State and also took two Houston Baptist teams to the NAIA Final Four when HBU was in the Red River Conference. Also did a hs game for the former head coach at Texas Womens University who is now coaching HS girls. In both of these cases family considerations caused them to leave college coaching.

Its like PJ Fleck. His first marriage ended up in divorce. His ex-wife was quoted as saying she didnt sign up for this.

Let's reshuffle the deck. Everything old is new again. Is this Hollywood? We have seen this show before. The question is will the remake be better or worse than the original? Tune in this September see for yourself.
I like BF and O'Keefe a whole lot better than Davis and anyone else.

His last 2 seasons - Stanzi threw for 25 TD's and JVB threw for 25 TD's... would anyone take that kind of production right about meow?

2010 #49 in passing offense at 235 YPG
2011 #59 in passing offense at 235 YPG

Gred Davis '12-'16' averaged 196 YPG in passing offense.

Anyone who doesn't think the OC and his offensive passing schemes doesn't make a difference at Iowa, just doesn't know football.

Latest posts