***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

They were hitting Marmol hard, every one they made contact on had that sound. I'd call him Meatman if the name weren't already taken. Settle in for another long season.

Marmol out as closer. It's two years overdue, and we're all a decade older because of all the leads he's blown in that time.

Fortunately I had the foresight to pick up Fujikawa in my fantasy leagues last week knowing that it was only a matter of time before Marmol was yanked. I see 40 saves in Fujikawa's future this season.

Fortunately I had the foresight to pick up Fujikawa in my fantasy leagues last week knowing that it was only a matter of time before Marmol was yanked. I see 40 saves in Fujikawa's future this season.

You should have DRAFTED Fuji. Or someone in your league should have.

Marmol out as closer. It's two years overdue, and we're all a decade older because of all the leads he's blown in that time.

Yes, because we all know that the difference between this team contending or not contending is the closer position.

Not if he pitches like he did last night.

Cubs will have to put themselves in position to win 40 games. That may be possible as I doubt the cubs will score enough to win without being in a save situation.

Yes, because we all know that the difference between this team contending or not contending is the closer position.

I didn't say it was. But I'm tired of seeing him **** away so many of what have been few chances to get W's the past couple years.

I didn't say it was. But I'm tired of seeing him **** away so many of what have been few chances to get W's the past couple years.

Agreed. The guy has been shaky at best the last couple years.. Time to get someone else in there IMO. Maybe Marmol would be better in middle relief?

And you are right on with all the blown games.. I know the Cubs weren't going to be a playoff team anyway, but turning all those close L's back into W's makes a big difference in your record, even if you still only finish .500 instead of 10 games under.

The Cubs were praying that Marmol could save like 10-15 games so he could have actually brought something back in a trade - but now he is completely worthless. Pretty sure he is trolling the Cubs and its fans.

Latest posts