***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

The medical staff who looked at Dan Haren's x-ray/MRI/whatever this winter should have lied and said "nope, good to go!". I'd rather have an injured Dan Haren than a healthy Carlos Marmol at this point...

:mad:

Thought this exact thing on monday

Looks like the Cubbies survived Marmol today. Other than him, I really like what I've seen from this pitching staff so far.

so far the starters have looked good, and I really like the BP outside of marmol. Especially if Garza can come back healthy. Not a bad rotation. I hope Shark keeps it up and turns into a true ace.

Also, remember 2 years ago when everyone was screaming for Samardzija to be traded or cut because he was no good at baseball. I do. I try to keep that in perspective with guys like Lake, Vitters, Jackson etc. who may struggle but could turn it on.

Marmol is horrible

I think he'll be all right. He has the tools but baseball is all mental..he needs to learn how to pitch and not just rear back, chuck it and pray..harder said than done but that's why he's paid the big bucks..to figure it out.

Here's another read about the renovations:

Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: More Sources Say the Deal is Coming Monday | Bleacher Nation | Chicago Cubs News, Rumors, and Commentary

with this quote from someone who "may or may not be Hendry":

And, for good measure, and for warm fuzzies, Kaplan quotes a former GM who now scouts for another organization (and who may or may not be Jim Hendry):
“Tom Ricketts has always said that after expenses all of the remaining revenues will be reinvested into the baseball operations department. The thought of Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer and a big pile of money is a scary thought. I never thought I would say this but the Cubs are finally going to be the powerhouse that they should have been a long time ago.”

I'll admit, I was sort of holding out hope for a brand new ballpark somewhere, but I also know the challenges in that. If they can get Wrigley up to date with the necessary renovations and begin to attract and field a WS caliber team, well then I'm all for it.

Top of the 8th, Cubs load the bases, no outs. Yep, you guessed it, no runs. Bottom of the 8th, thinking Kyuji can shut them down, instead he allows 3 runs. Nice to see the Cubs are in mid-season form already.

Fukijawa gives up 3 in the 8th in ATL. Cubs up 5-4 going into 9th. Should be another interesting ride with Marmol.

Latest posts