**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Officially time to ink Garza to a long term deal, or deal him for Really good prospects. The Red Sox sure could use some starting pitchign.
I really hope the Cubs lock him up and can build the rotation around Garza and Samardjiza.

let's not get too far ahead of ourselves with Samardjiza quite yet. it was one start against a bottom 1/3 team. See how his first season as a starter turns out.

guys either have power swings or they dont. guys dont usually develop into a power hitter it comes with a natural swing. i remember 3 guys that did develop power swings later on i think they were brady anderson, brett boone, barry bonds. maybe others too but those 3 i remember. castro is a single doubles hitter and that is fine. just shows how weak their lineup is that your best 1/2 hitter has to hit 3rd. that isnt a knock on him it is a knock on the rest of the team.

So you're saying a 22 year old, who IS STILL DEVELOPING, will never hit for power because of what you, an obvious MLB scout, deem not a "power swing"? I would love to hear you describe a true power swing. Power isn't generated solely in the swing itself, but moreso the mechanics comprising the swing - i.e. hip load, hands, etc.

Castro is twenty-freaking-two. He is still learning. He skipped AAA altogether. He's been compared to Hanley Ramirez. You are an absolute moron if you label him a strict singles / doubles guy this early in his career. Barney is a doubles hitter. Castro will develop into one of the better offensive shortstops in baseball. He has some power, and is still developing more.

I can't believe I'm taking the time to reply as it is completely asinine to say Castro is only and will ever be a single's/doubles guy.

Officially time to ink Garza to a long term deal, or deal him for Really good prospects. The Red Sox sure could use some starting pitchign.

The Red Sox minor league system is nowhere near what it was 2-3 years ago. I honestly don't believe the Red Sox have the prospects to get Garza.

The Red Sox minor league system is nowhere near what it was 2-3 years ago. I honestly don't believe the Red Sox have the prospects to get Garza.

you are probably right. I have no idea what is in their system, but I do know their roatation is not good. I still would like to keep Garza, I like his fire. Before the season I thought trade him, but we can't trade everyone and he is not only young, but he has good stuff as well.

Cubs - Cards ... delayed

hargrove.JPG

guys either have power swings or they dont. guys dont usually develop into a power hitter it comes with a natural swing. i remember 3 guys that did develop power swings later on i think they were brady anderson, brett boone, barry bonds. maybe others too but those 3 i remember. castro is a single doubles hitter and that is fine. just shows how weak their lineup is that your best 1/2 hitter has to hit 3rd. that isnt a knock on him it is a knock on the rest of the team.
So you're saying a 22 year old, who IS STILL DEVELOPING, will never hit for power because of what you, an obvious MLB scout, deem not a "power swing"? I would love to hear you describe a true power swing. Power isn't generated solely in the swing itself, but moreso the mechanics comprising the swing - i.e. hip load, hands, etc.Castro is twenty-freaking-two. He is still learning. He skipped AAA altogether. He's been compared to Hanley Ramirez. You are an absolute moron if you label him a strict singles / doubles guy this early in his career. Barney is a doubles hitter. Castro will develop into one of the better offensive shortstops in baseball. He has some power, and is still developing more.I can't believe I'm taking the time to reply as it is completely asinine to say Castro is only and will ever be a single's/doubles guy.

the swing is the tell tale sign. if your swing is flatter you will not have the height on the ball to get it over even if you have the strength. the hands, hips, feet and shoulders are involved in the mechanics of the swing but all together create the swing and then determine trajectory of the ball. size and strength has less to do with homerun power as your swing style does. ask guys like hank aaron who was 5'10 and 190 lbs. castro's swing is flatter than a natural power hitter (ie dan uggla). he is a solid player and could develop 15-20 homer power i would lean more to 15. in his career of mlb and minors he hasnt hit a combined 20 homers yet. you dont completely revamp swings. it is like trying to change a qb's throwing motion you tweak it but changing it is almost impossible because of all the practice they've had. at 22 you do know if someone has a power bat or not and it has nothing to do with their homers it has to do with their swing and contact ability and swing strength. he has good swing strength but his swing is flatter. not as flat as say derek jeter or ichiro but he wont be a homerun guy. if you want to know my resume on why i believe i know more about hitting than most people just ask and i will tell you.

Ahhhh and these are my types of games today. The big blow outs i know a lot of people like close ones but myself I love to see a good ole *** whoopin.

I love it when the Cubs beat the Cardinals. We probably won't have many nice moments this year, but spoiling the home opener and World Series celebration but whipping their *** is very nice.

Maholm has a 13.5 ERA over his two starts. In each of his two outings he pitched 4 innings and gave up 6 runs. That's freaking terrible.

Latest posts