**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

kinda funny, but didn't the Cubs call Rizzo up one day later to avoid facing Santana? I realize it would've been his first game and all, but still nice to see him tee off on Johann.

kinda funny, but didn't the Cubs call Rizzo up one day later to avoid facing Santana? I realize it would've been his first game and all, but still nice to see him tee off on Johann.

This was discussed on the broadcast by Todd Hollandsworth. 10 days later, Rizzo is batting 3rd in the lineup and hitting a HR (among 3 hits). Not bad.

wow. marmol comes in with am 8-4 lead. gives up a homerun, walks the next three batters, gives up a two run single to make it 8-7. Batter hits into double play, game over.

I can't handle when he's on the mound.

I don't think we will see Marmol back with the cubs next year. He is not a part of the future and perhaps a change of scenery would be good for him. I don't think he has much trade value now, but could be dealt during the off-season.

So far safe to say that Rizzo has lived up to expectations. I enjoy watching games now just to see him hit. hopefully he'll be able to adjust once pitchers figure out how to better attack him.

So far safe to say that Rizzo has lived up to expectations. I enjoy watching games now just to see him hit. hopefully he'll be able to adjust once pitchers figure out how to better attack him.
Rizzo went 1-3 against Dillon Gee yesterday who he faced in his 1st game as a Cub as well. One of the outs was a lineout to 2B. Not bad. Small sample. Agreed that the enjoyment level of Cub games has increased. :)

Rizzo went 1-3 against Dillon Gee yesterday who he faced in his 1st game as a Cub as well. One of the outs was a lineout to 2B. Not bad. Small sample. Agreed that the enjoyment level of Cub games has increased. :)

you always get a better idea of a kid during their 2nd and 3rd yrs in the mlb...because their is a book on them of how to attack. jason heyward is a good example. they attacked his weakness last yr and now he is adjusting in his 3rd yr. so rizzo likely will struggle a little more his 2nd yr and it will be about how he adjusts the following yr or during his 2nd yr. (yes i know he got time with the padres last yr but it was very little so it really doesnt count).

The Cubs almost look like a real MLB team over the past week or so. Soriano has put up decent enough numbers to get him traded (assuming the Cubs pick up a large portion of his salary.) I'm excited to see what deals Theo can make at the trade deadline to build for the future. With the young talent they have now, they could be ready to compete again in a couple of years.

Not weird, Cubs are 15 games out at the All-Star break. Completely WTF weird, Cubs 15 games back at the All-Star break to the PIRATES! The Pirates?

Cubs are 7-3 in their last 10 and are 15 out. Don't get me wrong, they're bad, but I can't help but wonder how close the Cubs would be if the bullpen wasn't so awful at the beginning of the year.

Cubs are 7-3 in their last 10 and are 15 out. Don't get me wrong, they're bad, but I can't help but wonder how close the Cubs would be if the bullpen wasn't so awful at the beginning of the year.

You may swing 6 or 7 of those towards wins but it's not enough to change the overall feeling for this team. There were too many long periods where this team just straight up sucked.

And I'm sure there will be many more stretches that this team will suck, especially after some trades are made. With that said, I still enjoy these small good stretches. It keeps the false hope I have for the future of the Cubs alive. Who knows, maybe Theo can get it done a few years from now??

And I'm sure there will be many more stretches that this team will suck, especially after some trades are made. With that said, I still enjoy these small good stretches. It keeps the false hope I have for the future of the Cubs alive. Who knows, maybe Theo can get it done a few years from now??

Just wait til Garza and Demp are gone. Then it will get worse.

Latest posts