**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Rizzo is looking like a foundation player. Glad he'll be a cubby for the next 6 seasons. LaHair went deep as well. Maholm and Marmol really looking good, could be improving their trade value.

I really like Valbuena in the field. Seems like he gets to everything and makes good throws. Would love to see him bat a little better, but lets hope this playing time lets him improve. I don't think he's the future, but he is definitely the best option right now.

I really like Valbuena in the field. Seems like he gets to everything and makes good throws. Would love to see him bat a little better, but lets hope this playing time lets him improve. I don't think he's the future, but he is definitely the best option right now.

Exactly...if he can bridge the gap for a while it'll give the club one more "less pressing need" as they try to rebuild.

It is nice to finally see some legit power in the middle of the lineup and having Castro back in the #2 spot where he belongs. One through five the Cubs are looking really good right now with a nice mix of lefty/righty.

I'm dreaming,but what if the Cubs went on a huge winning streak and somehow found themselves in contention for the Central at the end of july. Would they still be sellers? Should they be sellers?

I'm dreaming,but what if the Cubs went on a huge winning streak and somehow found themselves in contention for the Central at the end of july. Would they still be sellers? Should they be sellers?

They're 19 games under .500. They would have to pretty much win their remaining games for the month just to get back to .500. I think there is a better chance I grow a money tree in my backyard than that happening.

Go Cubs Go..........Go Cubs Go....hey Chicago what do ya say Cubs are going to win today.

Honey, Honey, it's time to get up and go to work now...:)

I hear ya bro', I keep saying the same thing...the key for me is not to watch 'em.....7 out of the last 9, not a bad start to the end of June and start of July

Last edited:
They're 19 games under .500. They would have to pretty much win their remaining games for the month just to get back to .500. I think there is a better chance I grow a money tree in my backyard than that happening.
So......what you are telling me...there's still a chance..Al right!!!!!!!!!

The last thing we all should want is the Cubs to go on a winning streak and think they have some shot at it this year. The only way the Cubs are going to get good and sustain it is if they build the farm system and get rid of those huge contracts.

The last thing we all should want is the Cubs to go on a winning streak and think they have some shot at it this year. The only way the Cubs are going to get good and sustain it is if they build the farm system and get rid of those huge contracts.
I don't think Theo and the boys would be faked into thinking this is the team that will contend. The Cubs are in last place in a division that the Pirates are leading (the Cubs only a half game behind the Astros now :) ). This will be a long drawn out process and patience will be the key from management and the fans.

He's not lowering his trade value. He is having an off night yes, but everyone knows what he can be. To me he is inconsistent which is why I think the cubs should have traded him prior to the season. They will still get good value for him, but it just goes to show me that he is not a long term answer for the cubbies.

Latest posts