**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Good read, the big thing with Garza is he has another year left on his contract. I think the Cubs are being more than reasonable asking for 3 top prospects for him. I still think Dempster is worth a couple of good prospects as well.

I think Dempster is worth 1 pretty good prospect at least and then a younger more developmental prospect. All I can think of is pitching, pitching, and 3B or catching prospect

Hey kelley can you clue me in to when the Cubbies are gonna lose 15 straight again? I would really enjoy making bank on that. TIA.

Since the Cubs have 2 upcoming series against the Cardinals this month I would say the earliest to expect a skid like that to start on or after July 30th.

Since the Cubs have 2 upcoming series against the Cardinals this month I would say the earliest to expect a skid like that to start on or after July 30th.

Can I expect them to lose 95% of the games around those series'? I can go .500 in the 2 Cards series and be OK with it.

idk, with Rizzo the Cubs seem a little more competitive. Like farmer said check back after the trade deadline as the team may be gutted.

Reading rumors about the potential trade of Garza to the tigers, none of their fans think an even trade of garza for Turner woudl be a good trade. They of course are like every team's fans and don't know what managment will do. The yanks writers think Garza is worth a decent prospect and a throw-in. that's it. be interesting to see what value he does bring in.

Reading rumors about the potential trade of Garza to the tigers, none of their fans think an even trade of garza for Turner woudl be a good trade. They of course are like every team's fans and don't know what managment will do. The yanks writers think Garza is worth a decent prospect and a throw-in. that's it. be interesting to see what value he does bring in.

I think the Cubs should require either Turner or Constanello to be in the deal. I want no part of Porcello though. The Tigers may have ruined him already I'm afraid.

I don't want to deal with the Yankees either. Most of their top prospects are free falling. Detroit, Atlanta, and Texas are the three teams that could give the Cubs the best package of prospects I think. I'm hoping someone gets desperate and trades the farm for him.

I think the Cubs should require either Turner or Constanello to be in the deal. I want no part of Porcello though. The Tigers may have ruined him already I'm afraid.

I don't want to deal with the Yankees either. Most of their top prospects are free falling. Detroit, Atlanta, and Texas are the three teams that could give the Cubs the best package of prospects I think. I'm hoping someone gets desperate and trades the farm for him.
I've read the rangers aren't interested, but the blue jays could surprise and they have a great farm system. I think Porcello just needs a defense behind him that he can be confident in. He solicits a lot of ground balls and the Tigers don't have the best defensive infield.

I've read the rangers aren't interested, but the blue jays could surprise and they have a great farm system. I think Porcello just needs a defense behind him that he can be confident in. He solicits a lot of ground balls and the Tigers don't have the best defensive infield.

Looking at the standings there are a lot of teams close to a playoff spot that could use some more pitching. That's good news for the Cubs considering they have two of the top three/four pitchers on the market. Cardinals, Blue Jays, Braves, Red Sox, Yankees, Tigers, and Rangers. The sleeper for me would be Washington. With Strasburg's innings limit they'll need another arm. Also, would give them a great starting rotation for 2013.

Orioles need starting pitching, and are looking, but they won't part with Dylan Bundy, P, or machado ,SS, so I don't think the cubs will be working with them to eagerly.

Tigers are also interested in Barney. Could be a package deal with Garza that brings backs a better package of prospects.

As a Braves fan I want nothing to do with Garza, dude is so inconsistent its ridiculous. We have better arms in the minors as well.

Rizzo is good. Hopefully he doesn't fall into that trap where opposing pitchers figure him out and he becomes useless.
Agreed. I have heard the Cubs changed his swing to be quicker/shorter than it was with the Padres last year. So far, so good.

Oh, Baker follows with a HR as well. :)

Latest posts