**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

i dont think the hope of the orfanizarion rests on two overhyped prospects. i could see jackson being a fourth out fielder. vitters cant hit AAA pitching, what chance does he have in hitting in the show?

I think you are right about Vitters and wrong about Jackson.

Unfortunately I think Vitters is a lost cause, I haven't lost all hope, but he's not developing on defense at all, and his offense is not what it was supposed to be, granted he is 22 or 23 so you never know, but likely he is not the answer at 3B. Now Jackson can hit for power and has speed. he strikes out way too much, but he could be a good OF, but I don't think he's the stud everyone thinks he is. I think he is going to be a good player, but not great by any means.

I have been looking at some of the top prospects in other organizations that are targeting cubs players in trades. Well I looked at the Rays, just to see what they had.

Never guess who their top 2 prospects are:

Hak Ju Lee and Chris Archer oh and Guyer is #12.

Glad the cubs could help out.

I have been looking at some of the top prospects in other organizations that are targeting cubs players in trades. Well I looked at the Rays, just to see what they had.

Never guess who their top 2 prospects are:

Hak Ju Lee and Chris Archer oh and Guyer is #12.

Glad the cubs could help out.
Archer just had his 1st major league start (and game) yesterday. 6 innings, 3 hits, 3 ER vs Wash in a tough loss to Strasburg.

Article about possible trade with Orioles (from their perspective)

Looking at the Cubs as a Potential Trade Partner | Burning Down The Yard

To me at the end they offer up some potential prospects. Only one (Avery) is in the top 20 of prospects in their organization and he is an OF. The cubs will want pitching, pitching and pitching. I don't know if the other 2 are pitchers, but since they aren't even the top 20 or Top 10 pitching prospects in the organiztion. The cubs won't like that I suppose. I think Tillman is a pitcher, but not a highly touted one. Interesting to see what might happen

i dont think the hope of the orfanizarion rests on two overhyped prospects. i could see jackson being a fourth out fielder. vitters cant hit AAA pitching, what chance does he have in hitting in the show?

Vitters is hitting just fine, his defense is what needs work. He is only 22 so there is still a chance he can improve defensively. I would not call him overhyped as no one has really been high on this kid since he was drafted.

I think Jackson can develop into a decent player for the Cubs but he is overhyped. He is solid defensively but he will not hit for average but he does have a little speed and a little power. I would not know where to bat him as he strikes out to hit at the top and he does not hit well with runners on base. Out of his 8 home runs so far this year only 1 of them came with anybody on base.

It sounds like Rizzo may be in Chicago tomorrow. There was talk of him going tonight, but I think they want to avoid Johan Santana for his first start.

It sounds like Rizzo may be in Chicago tomorrow. There was talk of him going tonight, but I think they want to avoid Johan Santana for his first start.

You do realize he spent a chunk of time in the majors with San Diego last year, right?

His next start will not be his first start.

You do realize he spent a chunk of time in the majors with San Diego last year, right?

His next start will not be his first start.

Yeah I do. I meant his first start as a Cub. Expectations are unrealistically high for this kid. I'm sure many are hopeful he has a strong Cub debut. It could be as simple as avoiding the lefty vs lefty matchup.

Yeah I do. I meant his first start as a Cub. Expectations are unrealistically high for this kid. I'm sure many are hopeful he has a strong Cub debut. It could be as simple as avoiding the lefty vs lefty matchup.

I figured thats what you meant.

Do not have to high of expectations for a fast start. Rizzo is actually in the middle of a slump, hitless in his last 9 at bats and has been batting .200 over the past 10 games.

Latest posts