**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Cubs up 1-0 on a dinger by Castro in the 1st off of Homer Bailey (worst named pitcher ever? :)).

Soto with a solo shot in the 5th, 3-0.

Cubs had 11 homers going into the game today and have already hit 3 home runs through 4+ innings.

I just realized the irony of this thread being titled Cubs Regular Season Thread. As if there would be a Cubs Postseason Thread?

Theo said before the year that the Rickett's gave him full control over contracts and even the need to dump hefty contracts if needed. Marmol's contract is in serious need of being dumped.

Enough is enough. If I were the Cubs starting staff, I would be giving Marmol a "code red" in the shower after this game.

This needs to be it for Marmol. Make him the pitcher you bring in when you're down by five runs and you just need somebody to throw an inning. He has absolutely no value to the club anymore.

This needs to be it for Marmol. Make him the pitcher you bring in when you're down by five runs and you just need somebody to throw an inning. He has absolutely no value to the club anymore.

Way to go, Marmol. And I agree - he needs to not be the closer.

I would be royally PO'ed if I was Dempster. Not too often you see a pitcher with an 0-1 record and an 0.95 ERA.

Last edited:
That was a another game that the Cubs absolutely gave away after having it in the bag. Sveum had better realize soon that you can't keep throwing Marmol out there to blow leads or these are on him.

Latest posts