***OFFICIAL CUBS OFF-SEASON THREAD***

Hey guys, I can get the Cubs +1750 to win the Central. I suggest we all throw down $50 or so and use that money on WS tix.

I think this is a sign that they are not going after Choo or Ellsbury. With Bogusevic and Schierholtz that gives the Cubs too many left handed bats. I think they plan on using Sweeney as a starter in center field.

I highly doubt they sign Bogusevic, unless it is a minor league deal. I think they could still go with Choo as Sweeney can play all outfield spots, and Choo is actually better suited for a corner. Lake, Schierholtz, Sweeney, and Choo. I don't think that seem impossible, but I think you're right, I think Choo will be looking for more years and money than the cubs will be willing to spend, especially if he comes with draft pick compensation (the cubs have a protected 1st round pick, but they would lose their second round pick).

I highly doubt they sign Bogusevic, unless it is a minor league deal. I think they could still go with Choo as Sweeney can play all outfield spots, and Choo is actually better suited for a corner. Lake, Schierholtz, Sweeney, and Choo. I don't think that seem impossible, but I think you're right, I think Choo will be looking for more years and money than the cubs will be willing to spend, especially if he comes with draft pick compensation (the cubs have a protected 1st round pick, but they would lose their second round pick).

Bogusevic is still under team control, so they do not have to re-sign him. With the progress he is making I cannot see the Cubs cutting him and he is exactly the kind of hitter this FO is known to go after. I think the Cubs sign a value right handed bat for the outfield and that is it. I would project seeing Almora and Soler in 2015 so I cannot see this FO dedicating a lot of money, long term, to free agents. The pattern of this FO is to find cheap value and sign to short term deals. I would be shocked if they went after Choo or Ellsbury.

Almora is off to a fast start in the AFL as well. He hit 2 more doubles today and got a walk. Soler is the one struggling, Bryant did not play.

Latest posts