***OFFICIAL CUBS OFF-SEASON THREAD***

bogeyman that is neat, you ever get it appraised?

No I haven't gotten it appraised, but online says its valued at $1500-2500. Having the Press pass to go with it, program and letter to the press from the BBWAA makes it a neat collection together so could be worth decent amount. I have only seen one other press pass online, and it happens to be owned by the guy who wrote that Roberto Clemente memoir that was featured on ESPN the Magazine a few months ago, Author is Kevin Guilfoile. By the way, if anyone wants a good read that is an amazing article! You can actually buy the short book too I think. Anyway, the history is more interesting to me than the value. I would never sell them since they were giving to me by a good friend who trusted I would appreciate them. I'm hoping to do a little more research on the items, including his grandfather whose name is on the pass.

No I haven't gotten it appraised, but online says its valued at $1500-2500. Having the Press pass to go with it, program and letter to the press from the BBWAA makes it a neat collection together so could be worth decent amount. I have only seen one other press pass online, and it happens to be owned by the guy who wrote that Roberto Clemente memoir that was featured on ESPN the Magazine a few months ago, Author is Kevin Guilfoile. By the way, if anyone wants a good read that is an amazing article! You can actually buy the short book too I think. Anyway, the history is more interesting to me than the value. I would never sell them since they were giving to me by a good friend who trusted I would appreciate them. I'm hoping to do a little more research on the items, including his grandfather whose name is on the pass.

Can I be in your will? :D

Can I be in your will? :D

Ha ha, we'll see. I don't think you'll be too rich but you'd have a nice piece of Cubs History.

Glad to see the Cubs interviewed Dave Martinez. Out of the names of the candidates we've interviewed, he would be my first choice.

Ha ha, we'll see. I don't think you'll be too rich but you'd have a nice piece of Cubs History.

No, something like that is to neat to ever sell. Hopefully you have an up-and-coming Cubs fan in your family that will appreciate it as much as you do. My most prized Cub possessions are a bunch of Sammy Sosa crap that lost a lot of their meaning to me after the steroid issues, but even more important, after he walked out on his team. I can't stand even seeing him in public anymore (besides the fact that he looks creepy).

Glad to see the Cubs interviewed Dave Martinez. Out of the names of the candidates we've interviewed, he would be my first choice.

A lot of speculation among Cub writers on the manager situation (everyone must have different sources). But I honestly think Martinez only got an interview because of the Rays recommendation, I have not heard many say he is a front runner. The Renteria crowd seems to be making the most noise right now. This entire manager search has been a real drag for me after Girardi resigned with the Yankees. Honestly I think his family had a lot of input on him staying in New York.

No, something like that is to neat to ever sell. Hopefully you have an up-and-coming Cubs fan in your family that will appreciate it as much as you do. My most prized Cub possessions are a bunch of Sammy Sosa crap that lost a lot of their meaning to me after the steroid issues, but even more important, after he walked out on his team. I can't stand even seeing him in public anymore (besides the fact that he looks creepy).

A lot of speculation among Cub writers on the manager situation (everyone must have different sources). But I honestly think Martinez only got an interview because of the Rays recommendation, I have not heard many say he is a front runner. The Renteria crowd seems to be making the most noise right now. This entire manager search has been a real drag for me after Girardi resigned with the Yankees. Honestly I think his family had a lot of input on him staying in New York.

Don't worry... I have my fair share of Sammy Sosa Crap too. He was on that 5 Outs documentary that was on last week, hardly can stand listening to the guy he's so full of himself.

I'm wondering if the Renteria crowd is making the most noise because he needs the most help to get it? All I know is the Rays have a fraction of the resources the Cubs do and have been putting good teams on the field and getting the most out of their players for a few years now and I would assume he's (Martinez) learned a few things. Interesting there hasn't been any Maddux talk this go round. But I agree with you, when Girardi resigned it was kind of a let down.

^^^^ OMG....Hee Haw...i watched that several times w/the old man...Minnie Pearl was so hot...;) ^^^Good God, are we the only one's on here that remember that show? Anyway, Lovullo seems like a good fit....we'll see

^^^^ OMG....Hee Haw...i watched that several times w/the old man...Minnie Pearl was so hot...;) ^^^Good God, are we the only one's on here that remember that show? Anyway, Lovullo seems like a good fit....we'll see

Oh, I remember Hee Haw. Junior Sample, Minnie Pearl, Grandpa, Buck Owens, and Roy Clark (among others). And yes, that is Ernest Borgnine in the background of the 1st picture. The 2nd picture (including Johnny Cash) was from the song Pfft! You was Gone!:)

HeeHaw-BuckOwens-RoyClarkAP.jpg

pfft_you_were_gone1975archie_campbell-johnny_cash09.jpg

Sorry if these pics don't show up. Windows 8 sucks. Videos show up sometimes, photos not so much.
http://jaydeanhcr.files.wordpress.c...to_2c321af1f13f63f320ed03dc654bf9aa.jpg?w=450

Did they have extasy then? I forgot Jonathan Winters was on Hee Haw

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-B_QssfjB_jc/TiipZeBxtCI/AAAAAAAAO8o/KL7Y8lBjLGo/s1600/Jonathan+Winters+-+It%2527s+Hee-Hee-Hee-Hee-Larious+2008.jpg
I'd be down with Lovullo as manager and Renteria as bench coach, but hard telling what will happen with all of the open managing positions

What web browser are you using? In my experience, Windows 8 works fantastically if you are using it with the proper software.

Doesn't appear the Cubs are very close to signing their next manager. Initial goal was to have one in place by today.

Ah the boyz of Zimmer! I will never forget in 89 we were playing the Pirates and he walked the guy IN FRONT of Bonds to GET TO BONDS. I'd about put money down that this hasn't been done before or since. Assenmacher struck him out and Z looked like a genius.

Ah the boyz of Zimmer! I will never forget in 89 we were playing the Pirates and he walked the guy IN FRONT of Bonds to GET TO BONDS. I'd about put money down that this hasn't been done before or since. Assenmacher struck him out and Z looked like a genius.

Nice!

paul-assenmacher-autographed-baseball-card-chicago-cubs-1991-topps-12_dc6ab6e455de68a6214519a3a64aeaca.jpg

Latest posts