***OFFICIAL CUBS OFF-SEASON THREAD***

Cubs Pick up Dexter Fowler today in exchange for Valbuena and Straily. I like the move, we just improved our biggest need in adding an OF and Leadoff guy. Valbuena is a role player, Straily stinks. This also opens more room for Bryant if 3B is his spot. Most likely this moves Alcantara into a super utility role, which I think he could excel at. If the young guns come around at the plate, we could compete this years boys

I saw that too, and I love the move.....Fowler will fit in nicely

Our front office has done a tremendous job this offseason in improving our major league club quite a bit while still keeping all of our top prospects.
Really coming together nicely. I would still love to see Bryant in LF so we could have an infield of Baez/Castro/Russell someday. Coughlan and Alcantara off the bench in utility roles would be deep!

As for prospects, according to Epstein, he wants: Baez at SS, 2B, 3B or OF, Bryant at 3B or RF, Alcantara at 2B, SS or OF, and Russell SS, 3B or 2B. Didn't mention any other people. Doesn't have them pigeon-holed to a certain position, but these guys are ones that he said he wants to keep at all costs.