OFFICIAL 2019 CHICAGO CUBS THREAD!!!!

He's another Scott Boras client. Scott has got to re rolling up his sleeves and rubbing his hands with every big hit Castellanous gets.

He's playing the best ball of his career at the perfect time. Right in the sweet spot age wise too. He'll get paid handsomely by somebody else if Theo opts to pass.

The Cardinals have played since that Dodgers series exactly like the Brewers played in September last year. Milwaukee, at one point, won twelve consecutive games which included postseason play.

The difference, of course, is that it is only August. The Cardinals still have time to cool down and it would be even better if the Cubs caught them in a little bit of correction mode. But the last thing the Cubs need is for Miles Mikolas to start pitching like he did last night. If he does, they will be tougher than ever.

The other thing Cubs fans don't need is for forum posters who are St. Louis fans to start pouncing. We have kept them quiet for a long time. We won't keep them quiet much longer if the arch heads win this division.

Arch heads are going to have a long weekend. Double headers both today and tomorrow. Hope the Reds step up big time!

I've been watching the Cubs for decades and I can't remember any late season addition that has been as productive as Castellanos. Schwarber made a splashy debut, but even he didn't supply the numbers Nick has. There may be others I've forgotten, but so many of those seasons, they would be 40 games out of first place by now and I would have lost interest.

Lololololol

Of course IMMEDIATELY after I post this he crushes a 2-run shot to retake the lead.

It seems that whenever I start to get very critical of the Cubs they shut me up, at least momentarily.

And still holding to my opinion about Bryant and Schwarber.
Schwarber may have saved the Cubs season today. Not only would the Arch heads have gone up four games with a Cubs loss today, it might have set them up to clinch the division on the Cubs home field.

I get the feeling that the Cubs are circling that four game series with the Cardinals on their calendars. Can't overlook Milwaukee this weekend however. Need to keep the Cardinals in their sights for those late seven games to matter. And they have to lay off pitches outside the zone and swing at strikes!

Jiminy freaking Christmas! The Cubs have drawn Jordan Baker's crew again. It seems like we just got rid of this (ch)ump. Now he's back to ream us again. Just watch, especially when he's behind the dish on Saturday.

Schwarber may have saved the Cubs season today. Not only would the Arch heads have gone up four games with a Cubs loss today, it might have set them up to clinch the division on the Cubs home field.

I get the feeling that the Cubs are circling that four game series with the Cardinals on their calendars. Can't overlook Milwaukee this weekend however. Need to keep the Cardinals in their sights for those late seven games to matter. And they have to lay off pitches outside the zone and swing at strikes!

It would be really nice if the Cardinals would ever freaking lose.

It would be really nice if the Cardinals would ever freaking lose.
We have a chance to rectify that. Which all you can ask for in September.

But Brewers first.

Bote, Bote, Bote! Never know, may need that run. And kudos to Maddon for keeping him in with all the double switching.

Yelich out for the season with a broken kneecap. Now that had to hurt! Cards lost so the Cubs need to kick it in and win!

Yelich out for the season with a broken kneecap. Now that had to hurt! Cards lost so the Cubs need to kick it in and win!
A microcosm of the Cubs season.

You finally get a power surge from Heyward and Bryant and you still find a way to lose.

Castellanas has suddenly come back to earth and could probably use a day off but the big issue is that the defense let them down again, like it has all season.

Saturday night. Yelich slicer down the line. Ian Happ makes a game saving catch on that same ball against Pittsburgh last year. This time Schwarber can't quite get there.

Last night. Pitcher up. Zobrist should have turned two. Instead the ball is thrown into nowheresville and it clears the bases. That game shouldn't have gone to extra innings in the first place.

Every time this team starts to click this year, something happens. You sweep the Mets on the road, then lose five out of seven to the Brewers. They righted the ship after the early 2-7 start, got to 25-14, and have basically been a .500 team since.

That's not a postseason team. The Brewers on the other hand? That's not a postseason team either. But Craig Counsell handles September like Tom Izzo handles March. And they're freaking getting hot again despite their own injuries.

Latest posts