OFFICIAL 2019 CHICAGO CUBS THREAD!!!!

bogeyman

PITCHERS AND CATCHERS HAVE REPORTED! Winter sucks, spring is in the air!
I'm looking for rebound seasons from Bryant and Darvish to get us back to the World Series. Bullpen will be the key though, we might go as far as the bullpen takes us!

Do we still have Chatwood or whatever his name is? You know the guy who couldn't throw strikes. It's really very simple. Get the sign from your catcher and pitch the ball! Pretty simple. I know this will go over like a ton of bricks...……..the women's game uses a clock and it doesn't hurt the game what so ever.

Addison Russell's first at bat was the sounds of silence. When he walked up to the plate there was nothing but silence. That had to be more unnerving than a huge round of boos.

Strop with a hamstring injury yesterday. Hoping it isn't too bad, as we are already down Morrow.
Craig Kimbrel is still sitting out there unsigned....

Well, here we go again. Opening Day and the White Sox are on the HD Sports Chicago channel and they stick the Cubs on the very low def MyTV channel down in the 100's. What a bunch of BS!

Fucking White Sox, I hate that shit......Cubs need to start out hot and do what they 3 years ago.....

I am required by Cub Law to watch Opening Day. This has got to be about the 50th, with several other tuned in to by radio. But in the year 2019, I should safely expect a first class, HD production. This same debacle occurred about a third of last season, Maybe when the Cubs trot out their own station next season, I will have a better picture, but will be bitching about having to pay $20 a month or more.

Darvish really stinking up the place. 7 walks in 2and1/3 innings. Just gave up a 2 run HR. Hope he smooths out.

Darvish really stinking up the place. 7 walks in 2and1/3 innings. Just gave up a 2 run HR. Hope he smooths out.
We need Darvish. Or this could be a long year considering how much the the rest of the division loaded up.

I'd still rather have Jake Arrietta back.

Pretty ugly last night. It's early, so not panicking...but...we better pick it up soon or the Brewers will get out to such a big lead they'll be hard to catch.

Hendrick's season debut consisted of 5.1 innings of 10 hit, 3 walk ball with little help from his defense (5 of the Cubs 6 errors occurred with him in the game). It's only one game but dang, that must have been brutal to watch for anyone that tuned in.

Pretty ugly last night. It's early, so not panicking...but...we better pick it up soon or the Brewers will get out to such a big lead they'll be hard to catch.
Brewers on the verge of winning their fourth one run game of the season. They would be 5-1 with a season run differential of +2.

Picking up right where they left off last year, when they were the 1969 Mets for the whole month of September.

We will get our opportunity to pick it up soon. Cubs play Milwaukee this weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts