OFFICIAL 2019 CHICAGO CUBS THREAD!!!!

P-Rats pulled a clown move! Lol While Kemp was standing on 3rd. the P-Rat pitcher was making an appeal play to 3rd. and threw the ball over the 3rd. baseman's head! Kemp scores!
Never seen that one before. I thought when a pitcher stepped off the mound to appeal it made the ball dead. Maybe not.

Rizzo going down knocks out three fourths of out projected starting infield. But at least Bryant is swinging better since his brief rest and cortisone shot. We're going to need more if Riz misses significant time.

Never seen that one before. I thought when a pitcher stepped off the mound to appeal it made the ball dead. Maybe not.

Rizzo going down knocks out three fourths of out projected starting infield. But at least Bryant is swinging better since his brief rest and cortisone shot. We're going to need more if Riz misses significant time.

X-Ray showed it's not broken and a MRI tomorrow. Can this season get any worse? sheesh

It can if you're a member of the Pirates, especially their pitching staff.

That 18-5 pasting they put on us in July has got to feel like it was ten years ago.

Cubs hit 14 HRs in 3 games and get to within 2 games of the arch heads but lose Rizzo. Kimbrel is ready to come back. Arch heads lose on a grand slam by Braun in the 9th. lol

Cubs hit 14 HRs in 3 games and get to within 2 games of the arch heads but lose Rizzo. Kimbrel is ready to come back. Arch heads lose on a grand slam by Braun in the 9th. lol
We had a chance to slam the door on the Brewers.

We let them back in the race.

I would have taken half this run production either of those two weekends.

Nice to be only two down with the birds lurking on the schedule but have to watch our backs too.

BTW I saw a video of that botched appeal. It definitely made up for that goofy play in San Diego where Wieck threw the ball away.

Going to be a crazy final two weeks of the season for sure. We are a completely different team at home which is also nuts. With as many injuries as we have had this year to key guys, Zobrist unexpectedly being gone, our front office not supplying any back end bullpen help most of the year it is amazing we are even in the thick of things. Honestly, for as much adversity as this team has had this might be Joe's best year managing. Seems like every time we look like we're about ready to nose dive in to oblivion we win 4 in a row.

Whew...this season is finally about over. But damn is still going to suck to be put away by the Cards.

knowing Chicago, they may (I said may) win 3 of 4 at home and make it real interesting, but I thinking maybe I'm dreaming. Go Cubs!!

Whew...this season is finally about over. But damn is still going to suck to be put away by the Cards.
Arch heads magic number is down to eight. They can eliminate the Cubs from winning the division with a sweep.

Keep the Cubs in the park and their offense struggles. It was proven again by the Reds the last two nights. Too many strikeouts and they may get a ground ball get through about twice a week.

Hitting into shifts is not good hitting. No matter how hard the ball was hit. If they're giving you 45 feet of the left side of the infield to punch a ball through I think a major league hitter should be able to do that.

Any of you Cub fans hear anything about David Ross going to be the Cubs coach?

The idea has been floating around since Rossy retired. Rumors have heated up now that the season has gotten closer to the end and Maddon still not extended. Not sure if there is any smoke to this one or not.

Second baseman Tommy Edman made the key play. With the score tied in the ninth and the infield in he dove headlong to keep Heyward's grounder in the infield. He was able to retire Heyward for the second out and keep pinch runner Garcia from going first to third. Hoerner then hit a fly ball that would have been deep enough to score the winning run. Instead third out, extra innings. Cub killer Carpenter, who was in the game only because of a Kolton Wong injury, wins it with a home run.

I can't make this stuff up!

Second baseman Tommy Edman made the key play. With the score tied in the ninth and the infield in he dove headlong to keep Heyward's grounder in the infield. He was able to retire Heyward for the second out and keep pinch runner Garcia from going first to third. Hoerner then hit a fly ball that would have been deep enough to score the winning run. Instead third out, extra innings. Cub killer Carpenter, who was in the game only because of a Kolton Wong injury, wins it with a home run.

Playoff atmosphere type baseball last night. I love it but dang that was a disappointing ending. Cards are now 4 up for the division and Brewers won so they are 1 up for the last wildcard spot. Very tough road ahead to make the postseason with the Brewers having the softer schedule down the stretch.

Playoff atmosphere type baseball last night. I love it but dang that was a disappointing ending. Cards are now 4 up for the division and Brewers won so they are 1 up for the last wildcard spot. Very tough road ahead to make the postseason with the Brewers having the softer schedule down the stretch.
I could see the Brewers still taking this division. Counsell is doing September magic once again, this time without Yelich. The Cubs best chance may be for a Nationals collapse.

That would mean an eighth Cubs-Cardianls game in the wild card round. Wouldn't that be something!

I fucking hate Carpenter.....Cub killer for sure! I may also add I hate the Cardinals. Off season will be very important, and it may start with Joe.

Agreed, that was a great play. The Cards are playing much better defense this year than us and doing all the little things right.

Last night was tough boys. it might have been the nail in the coffin. It was close to being the momentum swing we needed and went south fast. We are just grasping right now, no swagger.

Latest posts