Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Crazy I'd have to look for sure, but I think we lead the league in runners getting in scoring position, possibly on base % as a team, TEAM ERA is right up near the top, we lead in run differential too. It is just a crazy game/sport. We just have too many games where we get nothing, even though just like last night we get guys on base. No explanation

Crazy I'd have to look for sure, but I think we lead the league in runners getting in scoring position, possibly on base % as a team, TEAM ERA is right up near the top, we lead in run differential too. It is just a crazy game/sport. We just have too many games where we get nothing, even though just like last night we get guys on base. No explanation
What I find crazy is it's everybody is hitting or nobody is. There seems to be nothing in between. I get it that pitching can be pretty good but my goodness all these shutouts for just the Cubs? Either they are trying to hard or they have the worst batting eye in the league. Just hoping we don't slide to far behind we can't catch up. The Cubs put new meaning to slumping. Not just one or 2 players it's the whole team at the same time.

Ok this Rizzo slide has been blown way out of proportion and the P-Rats have retaliated by hitting Willson C. twice. This evening the Cubs have 1 last game against the P-Rats so how many more times are they going to hit Willson C? A sweep of those plunkers would be a nice way to make them feel the sting even better. Go Cubs Go!!!!!! Give em hell Rizzo!

Ok this Rizzo slide has been blown way out of proportion and the P-Rats have retaliated by hitting Willson C. twice. This evening the Cubs have 1 last game against the P-Rats so how many more times are they going to hit Willson C? A sweep of those plunkers would be a nice way to make them feel the sting even better. Go Cubs Go!!!!!! Give em hell Rizzo!
Yeah, punking them three consecutive times in their own crib would make a nice statement.

The Cubs are the worst team in baseball!!!! For crying out loud!!!!! Bases loaded 2 more times tonight and can't score a run!!!!!!!

I will be in Wrigley a week from today bitches. ....then off to see Anita Baker.....major points

Would someone please explain to me why in the hell do you take out a player that has 4 hits in a game and replace them with the league leading strikeout king? This team and the coaching is effed up!!!!!

Would someone please explain to me why in the hell do you take out a player that has 4 hits in a game and replace them with the league leading strikeout king? This team and the coaching is effed up!!!!!
Because Maddon has to prove that he is the smartest in the room. Those people, whether it is Maddon, Tony Larussa, Cliff Clavin, or a fifth grader who names the capitals of every South American country at a birthday party, inevitably annoy us over time. He saved Baez for the right spot, though. It iced the game.

What drives me nuts is when a reliever blows the opposition away in his inning of work and isn't allowed to come out for the next inning. Especially if his replacement gets lit up. It's a sign of modern times, relievers like to start clean innings, not inherit someone else's mess. I'd prefer bringing back the days when starters went as long as they could. You'll never see another 300 game winner again, because the bullpen blows too many potential starter victories.

Bottom line is we got a 4 game sweep of the mets! Have a lot of games vs Central Foes in the next 2 weeks so time to make a little headway.

Latest posts