Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

I'd be pissed too, if I gave up back to back walk off homers to my biggest rival and didn't get back home until probably four in the morning.

Looks like the Marlins picked the wrong night to play the Cubs. The key now is spreading the runs more consistently and getting five, six, or seven night after night.

Nothing like the Marlins and Starlin Castro to help rebound after a tough Cards series. What the heck was Castro doing last night LOL? Almost like he didn't want to go to extra innings and let the Cubs win. So glad we traded that guy, just too many soft mental errors.

Nothing like the Marlins and Starlin Castro to help rebound after a tough Cards series. What the heck was Castro doing last night LOL? Almost like he didn't want to go to extra innings and let the Cubs win. So glad we traded that guy, just too many soft mental errors.
I agree with you about Castro. Was very happy when they traded him and it was nice of him to help us out last night.

I agree with you about Castro. Was very happy when they traded him and it was nice of him to help us out last night.

I mean, there really was no excuse for that play. He knew who the runner was at 3rd... was just so bizarre that he took his time and then made a casual throw home (to the wrong side of the plate) and let Bryant score easily. If I was the Marlins I'd be tempted to just cut him loose. Have a young team and just no reason to really have a veteran like him around because he isn't really a leader.

Guys like Castro have existed since baseball was invented. Their numbers may look pretty, but there's no substance to them. And they never win, because they don't do the little things like take out the shortstop to break up a double play or hit to the right side or hit with two strikes to give the leadoff man a chance to steal and give the other batters a chance to see the pitcher's stuff. Castro has never done any of that. He doesn't like to make the throw in the hole so he cheats a step that way and balls go up the middle for base hits. There's a reason teams keep trading him when they're on the verge greatness. And the Marlins will be trading him to the Angels or someone in about three years just as the Marlins are on the verge again and Anaheim needs to rebuild.

Cubs Win 11-2! Contreras with a grand slam a solo home run and a 2 run single for 7 rbi's. In 4 straight games the Cubs have had 55 hits and 42 runs. It sure helps when you get back to back lousy teams! I'll take it! Go Cubs Go!

The last 10 at bats for Willson Contreras he has 3 doubles 2 triples and 2 home runs. Now that's something!
Players are going to be up and down but constantly having two or three guys hot most of the time is the key to showing illusion of consistency. And Contreras is as hot as they come, just like he was last year before he missed a month.

This is getting really bad. Rained out again so we play a double header Saturday. 2 single games Sunday and Monday with another double header Tuesday! This is really starting to suck!

These rainouts are getting f'ing ridiculous. This has to be at least the 10th rainout already this season.

They are playing tonight. They said postponement but they are playing and the Cubs are winning! Enough of the rain already!!!

It's been raining the whole game and it's really starting to come down now. Good thing is we've finished 5 innings so they can call it now! Cubs are winning 6-1.

This team reminds me of a light switch. On and off only. No in between at all. I think we lead in being shutout, giving up walks and might even be the worst WISP. The only bright spot is............................the All Star break. We seem to do better after that.

Latest posts