Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

You beat me to it. Those are anomolies that can occur in a 162 game sample size.

You can't control the clock.

You can't go to your guard oriented three man weave.

You can shorten the game, but need a lights out bullpen to do it.

If this was their anomoly for the year, it was a good time for it.

That offense was listless for two and a half games.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot? OMGOODNESS! What a comeback! Fell asleep around the 4th. inning and when I woke up and tapped the computer on.............Holy Bat Poop They Won!!!!!! Go Cubs Go!

Lol...fair enough! Can’t believe they pulled that off
For what it's worth, me neither. But I've been watching the Cubs since 1972, we had WGN along the Mississippi.

I've seen a lot of crazy games at Wrigley.

Needed some help from Atlanta and that's OK too. I'm glad Baez stayed in the park because sometimes a HR in a rally can be a momentum stopper. They kept Braves pitchers in the stretch and the pressure on their defense, all on a cold wet windy afternoon.

For what it's worth, me neither. But I've been watching the Cubs since 1972, we had WGN along the Mississippi.

I've seen a lot of crazy games at Wrigley.

Needed some help from Atlanta and that's OK too. I'm glad Baez stayed in the park because sometimes a HR in a rally can be a momentum stopper. They kept Braves pitchers in the stretch and the pressure on their defense, all on a cold wet windy afternoon.

I want to know how hard Javy hit that ball. It didn't land much past the infield skin and rolled all the way to the wall in a hurry.

I want to know how hard Javy hit that ball. It didn't land much past the infield skin and rolled all the way to the wall in a hurry.
On a wet field no less. And that's a DP if the shortstop is standing there. Or an inning ending force if there were two outs.

Bases loaded and stand and look at a called third strike!!!!! Now our pitcher gets to walk the first couple of batters. Sweet!

Another game, another day with a lot of runners left in scoring position. Other than the Reds, our division has pretty solid teams all throughout. We can't put ourselves in too big of hole.

Another game, another day with a lot of runners left in scoring position. Other than the Reds, our division has pretty solid teams all throughout. We can't put ourselves in too big of hole.
Maddon gets on my nerves with his Cliff Klavin lectures, not to mention his early hooks of starting pitchers, but he's pretty good at seeing the big picture. He didn't panic when the Brewers jumped 5 1/2 games in front last year. He just waited until they played head to head and took care of business. When they did sweep the Cubs in Wrigley late in the season, it was too late.

Another postponement today. That's the fifth game this year.
What helps is the fact that a division opponent is in town and will be back later in the year. Unlike the Braves who only come in once. Hence playing in duck hunting conditions such as Saturday.

The future solution, since they're not starting later or shortening the schedule, is to schedule warm weather road games mixed with divisional home games. Teams like the Braves and Devil Ray's should never be scheduled in April in Chicago.

This weather isn't funny anymore. Track meets are getting banged by the dozen. Not to mention farmers and people who's livelihoods are on the line.

Maddon gets on my nerves with his Cliff Klavin lectures, not to mention his early hooks of starting pitchers, but he's pretty good at seeing the big picture. He didn't panic when the Brewers jumped 5 1/2 games in front last year. He just waited until they played head to head and took care of business. When they did sweep the Cubs in Wrigley late in the season, it was too late.

Oh yes, too early to panic and Joe is good at that. Definitely a marathon not a sprint. With the division we have though definitely want to keep within 5-6 though I'd say.

This is getting ridiculous how many times the Cubs batters have been hit so far this year. Hitting Bryant in the head is going to far! I don't blame the Cubs coaches getting ejected. I'd be mad as hell also! Cubs win and get out of Denver with a 2 out of three. Javy is just a monster at the plate!

Schwarber with 2 home runs and Happ and Conteras each had 1. The Cubs had 15 hits. Is it safe to say the Cubs bats are coming around? Chatwood gets the win. Cubs 10 Cleveland 3. Go Cubs Go!

Schwarber with 2 home runs and Happ and Conteras each had 1. The Cubs had 15 hits. Is it safe to say the Cubs bats are coming around? Chatwood gets the win. Cubs 10 Cleveland 3. Go Cubs Go!

Shwarber's 1st Home Run had a 117mph exit velo! Unreal. The best high school players have around a 90-92 exit velo if that tells you anything about how hard 117 is.

Latest posts