Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

We have such a good lineup up and down the roster, it is just baffling why we struggle with the all or nothing offense the last couple years. Did I read we got shut out 13 times last year? We seem to never be able to get the big hit, just a solid single with a couple guys on.

Great all around game last night for the boys in Blue. I thought the lineup seemed to be content going the other way more and just putting a good solid swing on the ball. Lester was consistently hitting the corner at the knees and he is tough to beat when he does that.

Feast or famine. JH seems to be off to a pretty good start and that's very good news. Tonight we'll see if they can have back to back good games. Baez loves to run the bases! Lester throwing out Braun at third was fun. I just don't get why Lester can't throw to bases. At least he got him out. Lol

John Lester with a pinch hit squeeze bunt played to perfection! Maybe this come from behind win will jump start the Cubs.

I went to an opening day once when they got snowed out. So we had to stay an extra day and then the next day was soooo crazy cold too. Went the next year and froze also, and decided no more opening days for me!

And Rizzo's sore back, which I guarantee they don't to monkey with in 35 degree weather. They have a 10 day DL in the Major League now. Not out of the question that they may put Riz on it.

Yup, especially since they can make it retroactive. I'm betting we hear tomorrow that they're placing him on the 10-day DL if he's not in the lineup tomorrow. Might as well make a call-up for some help for a few days.

Whenever they score a lot of runs the next game you can bet they won't score any. Weird but that's the way it's been.

Getting runners on base doesn't seem to be the issue. Just coming up with a clutch base hit is the constant issue. Most of these guys have won a World Series and should be used to the pressure so it is bizarre. I'll have to look when I get time on where we are right now with average with RISP. Last year it was awful I know.

Getting runners on base doesn't seem to be the issue. Just coming up with a clutch base hit is the constant issue. Most of these guys have won a World Series and should be used to the pressure so it is bizarre. I'll have to look when I get time on where we are right now with average with RISP. Last year it was awful I know.
It's trending in the same direction and I just don't get it. You'd think they could get a couple timely hits a game. I'd be interested on what the RISP is.

And the famine offense continues. I know it's early, but this is super frustrating to watch. I wonder if we'll even score one run today at this rate. Geesh.

And the famine offense continues. I know it's early, but this is super frustrating to watch. I wonder if we'll even score one run today at this rate. Geesh.
It seems like nothing ever clicks until after the All Star break and that's not good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Rizzo will help keep this sinking ship afloat. There's no way we should have a RISP that bad 2 years in a row! Sheesh.

It's trending in the same direction and I just don't get it. You'd think they could get a couple timely hits a game. I'd be interested on what the RISP is.

We are 9th in MLB in total offense. Not bad, kind of skewd perhaps because we have a few big games with a lot of runs. We actually aren't as low in strikeouts as one would think, there are teams who strikeout more.
Dead last in runners left on base per game. Not surprised.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/team-left-on-base-per-game

This definitely explains our struggles. It isn't hits or getting runners on base, it is timely hits. For whatever reason we just can't get the timely hit.