Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

K. Hendricks looked pretty good today with 4 innings pitched. Zo looked like his old self with 2 doubles and a walk leading off today. 4 days till opening day with Lester on the mound!

Start off with 4 against the Marlins and 3 vs the Reds so we have a chance to get off to a very good start before facing the Brewers next weekend. Only about 24 hrs away from getting this thing started!

3 bombs today, would be nice to see the offense start off well as they've been a little slow starting the last couple years. Bullpen was a bright spot today which is good! Cardinals lost today too, so overall a great opening day!

It felt great putting the flag out today! Lester and Schwarber didn't have a great day but I'll take the opening day win! Ian Happ with a blast on the first pitch on opening day is the way to start the season!

Luckily there is 158 more games to go. Too many runners left on base again by the offense. A lot of hard hit balls right at people yesterday whiich was strange and Rizzo missing a ball opened up a big inning.

The Cubs can't win a series in Miami for anything. I think I saw a note that the last time they won a series down there was in 2013 or 2014.

The Cubs can't win a series in Miami for anything. I think I saw a note that the last time they won a series down there was in 2013 or 2014.
I guess they never have played good down there. Hope there isn't a world series in the near future there. The Cubs left a about a 100 people on base. Shades of last years problems. Last year they were shut out like 13 times? Already have been shut out! I know I know I know it's early but please don't let this be a sign of the future.

I guess they never have played good down there. Hope there isn't a world series in the near future there. The Cubs left a about a 100 people on base. Shades of last years problems. Last year they were shut out like 13 times? Already have been shut out! I know I know I know it's early but please don't let this be a sign of the future.

Need to just cut down on the swing and be fine with a good solid single or line drive some where with 2 strikes. Seems like they press and try to do too much with RISP sometimes.

Need to just cut down on the swing and be fine with a good solid single or line drive some where with 2 strikes. Seems like they press and try to do too much with RISP sometimes.

Oh, you mean like Javy trying to crush the ball out of the stadium every frickin' time he's up? How have they not gotten him to cut down on this swing yet? It's maddening!

Oh, you mean like Javy trying to crush the ball out of the stadium every frickin' time he's up? How have they not gotten him to cut down on this swing yet? It's maddening!

Javy being Javy :) Just better situational hitting is going to be needed. It killed us in the postseason again.
However, to their credit we hit 9 baseballs over 100mph exit velo yesterday which is very good contact. And out of those 9 at bats we only got one hit, just a weird game with some bad luck there. On the flip side the Marlins had several ground ball hits and the error by Rizzo and really only had the one big base clearing double but it was the timely hit that mattered. Baseball is a crazy game.