Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

I've wanted Russell gone all year!
He gone! I see no scenario where he hasn't played his last game as a Cub.

They would have bounced him last year if his ex wife had cooperated with the investigation.

I find it very interesting that this story bubbled up again about two weeks after their divorce became official.

Coincidence? Yeah, right!

After reading the details on what Russell did to his ex-wife, that pos needs to be gone asap. It’s unfortunate she didn’t want to cooperate with MLBs investigation. He deserves a career ending injury

Where did you read specifics? I've only read the generic accusations from his ex-wife.

He gone! I see no scenario where he hasn't played his last game as a Cub.

They would have bounced him last year if his ex wife had cooperated with the investigation.

I find it very interesting that this story bubbled up again about two weeks after their divorce became official.

Coincidence? Yeah, right!

She wanted to secure that monthly check? But if he isn't playing baseball, not sure how long she'll get it?

She wanted to secure that monthly check? But if he isn't playing baseball, not sure how long she'll get it?
He's still getting paid while on "administrative leave".

If the Cubs drop him, someone will pick him up. He's still young, relatively inexpensive, and talented.

They look like there just going through the motions. I about want to puke every time they stand and look at a called third strike. What a bunch of worthless bats.

In a season of facing one episode of adversity after another, the Addison Russell situation may be the final straw.

They have the starting pitching, but it's difficult to envision this team simply flipping a switch and getting on an extended playoff run.

This team looks burned out. Maybe a longer off season is what the doctor ordered. Consecutive short off seasons eventually caught up to the arch heads and the Blackhawks.

Just amazing that this lineup just seems to have never gotten hot all year long. I've been waiting for it, expecting it, and it has never happened. Every time we get runners RISP it seems like there is 2 outs. Who is going to come up with the big 2 out hit? on the flip side, the Brewers have about everything clicking right now and Yelich is playing like the MVP of the league.

Need a W boys and girls. Wow, what a finish. We need to get our asses moving in a damn hurry, and we need to get hot. I font give a shit who it is, but somebody please take the reins and whip this team into shape

Hung on and won the game in 10. This team sure is wearing me out!
I'm just fucking tired when it comes to Cubs baseball. I hope and pray we hang on. Go Tigers and take care of the Brewers. We need some help. The Cards shit the bed. So, watch them come into Wrigley and give us a battle. I'll be on a rooftop on Saturday so they better come ready to play

This may have been posted before, but why isn't Chavez the closer right now? He seems to be the only reliever that consistently gets guys out. Edwards, Jr. just scares the crap out of me and the others just seem to be good enough to let runs score at the worst possible time.

I was hoping for Bartman 2.0...this team deserves to be done
You would have gotten it if the Cubs lose that game. Those goddamn Pirates, giving us all we can handle. They're going to win 85 games and finish fourth in the division. Put them in the east or west and they win 95 easily with that starting pitching.

Whoever wins this division, and I'm still calling Cubs, will have certainly earned it. We have Quintana waiting for the Brewers
if this goes to game 163 on Monday. Brewers were partying hard last night in St. Louis. Can they refocus on the lowly Tigers? We will see.

You do not want to lose a potential game 163. You would then have to play the wildcard game with no rest and burn Lester. Neither Q or Lester would be available in a five game playoff until at least game three.

Last edited:
Just amazing that this lineup just seems to have never gotten hot all year long. I've been waiting for it, expecting it, and it has never happened. Every time we get runners RISP it seems like there is 2 outs. Who is going to come up with the big 2 out hit? on the flip side, the Brewers have about everything clicking right now and Yelich is playing like the MVP of the league.
Thank God the eye test does not determine the division winner. Otherwise we would be in fourth place right now. 162 games determine the division winner. That four game sweep of the Brewers way back in April when it was about 40 degrees at Wrigley everyday and Russell and Contreras were actually hitting. That counted every bit as much as the past six weeks have. And who would have thunk that we would probably need every one of those four games we won that weekend to hold the Brewers off!

Latest posts