Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

JH should be back any day? Morrow would be a blessing to have back. Absolutely can't have Lester go down with an injury. I see where the Dodgers have tied the archeads. The Brewers are just killing it. sheesh. This is going to be a nail biter right down to the finish! Can we have anything else go wrong? Don't answer that.
Huge game for the arch heads today. Their season could be on the line. They still have games left with the Brewers and Cubs but they may not mean much if they fall back. Back to the question from a couple days ago? Who would you fear more as a possible playoffs opponent? I say the Dodgers hands down. They can run Kershaw at you two or three times. A healthy Jansen at the back end is money. Machado can carry a team over a short sample size. We did nothing out there offensively last year in postseason and had our hands full in 2016 until Russell hit that granny.(!) That lineup is potent and has done it in October. Carpenter has cooled down for the arch heads and Molina is on his last legs. Their bullpen is susceptible.

I believe the arch heads and Dodgers now have the identical record, either 5 or 5.5 game behind us. That is the fail/safe line you don't want to sink under if you're a Cubs fan. It would take a monumental collapse for the Cubs to do so. Anyone who thinks the Cubs will completely miss playoffs is thinking emotionally in a frustrated moment which will drive you nuts if you follow a major league baseball team. Over 162 games that's just the way it is.

Last edited:
It would be really nice if the Brewers could actually freaking lose a game. They have to be like 18-2 over their last 20 or close to it.

It would be really nice if the Brewers could actually freaking lose a game. They have to be like 18-2 over their last 20 or close to it.
They're unconscious right now. You have to beat them in six innings or they will throw Hader at you. But they have to feel like they should be in first place right now and they aren't. I commented earlier, they haven't lost to anyone except the Cubs since before Labor Day and Rizzo taking Hader deep should have pushed them six back at the time and put a serious dent in their season. But there they are, 1.5 games back.

I wouldn't be so nervous if we had our roster full of the talent that's missing. Seems like every other game we lose somebody else. I don't think at this point it really matters who we face. We're just not clicking at all. If I had my pick I would pass on the Brewers and take on anybody else. We've played way to many times against them and seem to be losing ground to them. I'm hanging in there and will root just as much as I always have but dam it's going to take a shit load of ice!

OK let's take a break from the Maddon bashing. He sent Baez to stay out of a double play, Javy gets to second on what would have been a DP opportunity, and he scores on a single by Contreras. Ballgame. Maddon wins 1-0. Gets assist from Jon Lester and some relievers.

Pressure's on, Brewers. Match it or you're 2.5 games back.

OK let's take a break from the Maddon bashing. He sent Baez to stay out of a double play, Javy gets to second on what would have been a DP opportunity, and he scores on a single by Contreras. Ballgame. Maddon wins 1-0. Gets assist from Jon Lester and some relievers.

Pressure's on, Brewers. Match it or you're 2.5 games back.
Brewers failed! Dodgers pounded the snot out of the archeads! Did I miss anything exciting?

Maddon has made some questionable decisions, but many of them would never have been necessary if the Cubs could just score some freakin' runs! This "one run a game" BS has gotten extremely disappointing considering the hitters they have and the great pitching they've gotten.

Maddon has made some questionable decisions, but many of them would never have been necessary if the Cubs could just score some freakin' runs! This "one run a game" BS has gotten extremely disappointing considering the hitters they have and the great pitching they've gotten.
Pirates doing their part. They just took Brewers down again.

I understand your concern. Maddon is trying to give guys days off whenever he can. But there are no such thing as style points now. Brewers lost. And that's almost as good as a Cubs win.

A little life late from the offense last night which is good to see! Even better though is Kyle's performance on the mound! He, Lester, Hamels and even Q are throwing well right now which makes the playoffs much better outlook. Through this brutal stretch of games, with little offense, somehow we are 17-9. Team should be recognized for this, a great job finding ways to win. The only reason we haven't extended our lead is because the dang Brewers are on fire right now too!

Morrow getting shut down for the season. The bullpen is hurting....going to be a real short stay in the postseason

Morrow getting shut down for the season. The bullpen is hurting....going to be a real short stay in the postseason
That hurts. Too many balls are put play against us as it is. But this team has found a resiliant way to answer everything thrown at it all year.

As I write this, the Cubs are up 5-0 early and the Brewers are losing in the ninth. If the night ends at a 3.5 game lead over the Brewers I'm finally, FINALLY calling the division.

Aaannnnddd.... back to no offense last night. But overall a great run of 18-9 over this brutal schedule. Take a day off today boys, you deserve it! We will be in Chicago the final 10 games of the season which is nice!

Winning that make up in DC, while costly, was freakin huge. I think it galvanized the team. Nobody wanted to play it, but they united, led by Rizzo in his uniform, and said we're winning the thing. The only thing missing was peeling off a piece of Rachel Phelps' mannequin.

I don't want to think of where they would have been if they lost that game, and they easily could of. They would have been only half a game ahead of the Brewers and may have said f it. But they have answered every bit of adversity thrown at them this year and probably would have found a way.

After reading the details on what Russell did to his ex-wife, that pos needs to be gone asap. It’s unfortunate she didn’t want to cooperate with MLBs investigation. He deserves a career ending injury

After reading the details on what Russell did to his ex-wife, that pos needs to be gone asap. It’s unfortunate she didn’t want to cooperate with MLBs investigation. He deserves a career ending injury
The baseball gods will really be shedding bad karma upon him if the Cubs keep Murphy and Bote.

I see a second base platoon shaping up. And Baez at shortstop.

Latest posts