Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

We'll be lucky to hold onto a wild card spot. Just a 1 game lead over the Brewers.

Now now now Judzee. Come on man, chin up, we will get at least a wild card spot. Have you watched this team the last 3 years? We still need to get that old Cub fan in us out, even after a World Series Title that old fandom still rears its ugly head sometimes :)

Cubs are simply being outclassed by the Brewers at the moment. I don’t think they can beat them in a series

Brewers have done a nice job of building depth and flexibility just like the Cubs honestly. They have left/right bat options to play matchups, have depth in the pen etc. Right now, their pen is throwing so well the key is getting to the starters. Which we didn't do. Our offense needs to wake up, understatement I know.

I saw where the Cubs aren't going to make some of the starting pitchers make the haul for this one game hurricane game and give them a day off. Good idea. MLB has done the Cubs no favors lately.

Now now now Judzee. Come on man, chin up, we will get at least a wild card spot. Have you watched this team the last 3 years? We still need to get that old Cub fan in us out, even after a World Series Title that old fandom still rears its ugly head sometimes :)

Yes I have watched them the last 3 years that's why I;m very nervous. The pitching just isn't there and the bats have gone dormant. I know last year they pulled it out coming from like 6 games back but this year they are blowing the lead. Just nervous as hell! Just need to remember to breathe. :eek:

I'm nervous as F. The nice thing is there are 3 teams in our division that could make the playoffs. Do we want home field? Yes and that's why I'm even more nervous. The Cards, the Brewers can come in and beat us. They are playing good ball, getting timely hits, pitching is good, and they all seem pretty healthy, where we're not right now. Anotber reason why SOMEONE needs to step the eff F up.

Great they pulled it out and now we probably lost Strop. Just can't catch a break. This pitching staff is riddled.

Great they pulled it out and now we probably lost Strop. Just can't catch a break. This pitching staff is riddled.
Two words:. Justin Wilson

Definitely not Carl(os) Edwards, not now.

Shocking that taxing players to a level they shouldn't be taxed would cause someone to injure a hammy, isn't it?

Then again if we win this game in the eighth inning it never comes to the tenth.

Realistically these guys are playing too many days in a row. Strop, Lester and Schwarber won't be the last ones to get hurt because of it. If I ran a 5k 30 days in a row I would probably be looking at double knee replacement.

Last edited:
Who do we root for in the four game Dodger-Cardinal series? A split?

Or do we want to keep the Dodgers as far behind us as possible?
And Arizona too.

Who do we root for in the four game Dodger-Cardinal series? A split?

Or do we want to keep the Dodgers as far behind us as possible?
And Arizona too.
That's a tough one. As bad as I dislike the arch heads we have a ton of trouble with the Dodgers. When did the Dodgers get Freese? I missed that one.

That's a tough one. As bad as I dislike the arch heads we have a ton of trouble with the Dodgers. When did the Dodgers get Freese? I missed that one.
If the Dodgers get ahead of us, which would take a monumental collapse, then we would be in real trouble. Anyone know if Manny Machado has done much out there?

Getting Montgomery back in the bullpen would be a huge help. Now it's probably a necessity. We may have to go with Alec Mills to start a huge game in Arizona. Or (gulp) Jaime Garcia.

Kills to lose Strop guys, he has been very good. Northside hit the nail on the head, we had bases loaded 1 out in the 8th and need to score there. As riddled with injuries as fatigued as the pitching staff is, our last several games they really haven't given up much. Our offense needs to pick it up, bryan/rizzo/Javy need to carry us. Home field is huge here in the playoffs. The whole NL playoffs will be a crap shoot, any team can win it IMO. The NL Central is pretty loaded right now top three, and then the Pirates and reds are not complete pushovers. We'll earn it if we win the division there are no gimmes.
On a side note, this schedule is ridiculous. Did you guys see Rizzo boarded the plane with his uniform on to DC the other night LOL :)

Kills to lose Strop guys, he has been very good. Northside hit the nail on the head, we had bases loaded 1 out in the 8th and need to score there. As riddled with injuries as fatigued as the pitching staff is, our last several games they really haven't given up much. Our offense needs to pick it up, bryan/rizzo/Javy need to carry us. Home field is huge here in the playoffs. The whole NL playoffs will be a crap shoot, any team can win it IMO. The NL Central is pretty loaded right now top three, and then the Pirates and reds are not complete pushovers. We'll earn it if we win the division there are no gimmes.
On a side note, this schedule is ridiculous. Did you guys see Rizzo boarded the plane with his uniform on to DC the other night LOL :)
Lol and he wore it home on the plane! I'll just keep pacing in circles chewing on my fingernails and hope I don't run out of ice. Go Cubs!

Lol and he wore it home on the plane! I'll just keep pacing in circles chewing on my fingernails and hope I don't run out of ice. Go Cubs!
What was Joe thinking? My wife went ballistic. She even stopped playing Candy Crush, couldn't believe it.....

I was kind of shocked to see Garcia pitch well in the 8th. It's going to be all hands on deck to limp across the finish line. Hopefully by then Strop will be back. Need to get JH back in the lineup.

I was kind of shocked to see Garcia pitch well in the 8th. It's going to be all hands on deck to limp across the finish line. Hopefully by then Strop will be back. Need to get JH back in the lineup.
Maybe Morrow, too. Heyward would give Zo a break. Zo is 37 and shouldn't be playing everyday in this stretch, especially outfield. Can't afford to lose him, he has a professional at bat almost every time up.

I'm still pissed at Lester. "Big game Jon" "October Jon" leaves a big game with "back spasms", then says after the game he's fine. He's another that isn't a young man anymore and all those plane flights could have made his back susceptible, but they don't need him to pull that again. They need him to shut down the Reds and go seven or eight innings. It also wouldn't hurt for the Brewers to lose once in a while. They haven't lost a game to anyone but the Cubs since before Labor Day. But they're still in second place and it has to be a little frustrating for them.

JH should be back any day? Morrow would be a blessing to have back. Absolutely can't have Lester go down with an injury. I see where the Dodgers have tied the archeads. The Brewers are just killing it. sheesh. This is going to be a nail biter right down to the finish! Can we have anything else go wrong? Don't answer that.

Latest posts