Nixon enters transfer portal

Ouch! I nor anyone obviously knows how good he is, however, he appeared to me the only real possibility, because of his size and athleticism, for us to have a playmaker at DT. Guys like Reiff, Brincks, Bazata, M. Nelson, are good and solid, but our defenses are really good when we have a playmaker in the middle like Jaleel Johnson, J. Babineaux, Ballard or Mike Daniels. Nixon could have been one of those guys, ate up double teams and stuff the run up the middle. 2 mismatches on the defensive line would be really hard to move the ball against.

Oh well.

Maybe Noah Shannon is that next guy

I really don't know on that, but that is the rumor. It makes some sense as the coaches and even Kirk have said postitive things about Nixon, and have said they anticipate him being back with the team in Jan. That indicates to me that it isn't grades, and it isn't on the football side of things here. I don't think we will really know what is happening for sure, kind of like what for sure happened with Coker.

That quote from KF is why it seems like grades...wait until Jan where they may get grades back (if he had extra work to do). Who knows though, maybe it was something off the field

Or...stop under-utilizing the talent he has with poor game-day decision-making.

Yeah damn Kirk, stop your special teams guys from turning the ball over against Wisconsin!!!! Maybe make Amani hooker 1 inch taller by stretching him so he tips the ball away in 2017. damn you Kirk!

Let's just make large sweeping generalities with no facts, cause what they hey!

Ok, I’ll give you that one. You know I was one of the few who predicted ISU would improve if they kept their coach around. That was at the end of his first season.

We may hate to admit it but they have as in the old days Oklahoma would just demolish these guys. It is confounding though when their starting QB doesn't finish season and then the 2nd teamer is benched and they got better, even with a freshman QB. We will see if Purdy goes a little backward in 2019. Their offensive weapons definitely took a hit with the two departures. If they ever get real good on the O Line watch out.

We may hate to admit it but they have as in the old days Oklahoma would just demolish these guys. It is confounding though when their starting QB doesn't finish season and then the 2nd teamer is benched and they got better, even with a freshman QB. We will see if Purdy goes a little backward in 2019. Their offensive weapons definitely took a hit with the two departures. If they ever get real good on the O Line watch out.
Wasn't the guy that ended the year for ISU at QB last year supposed to be an NFL draft prospect and easily better than Stanley? ISU fans are almost as fun to laugh at as Nebraska fans.

Last edited:
Yeah damn Kirk, stop your special teams guys from turning the ball over against Wisconsin!!!! Maybe make Amani hooker 1 inch taller by stretching him so he tips the ball away in 2017. damn you Kirk!

Let's just make large sweeping generalities with no facts, cause what they hey!

Mary, your husband is guilty of not using the talent he has. i.e. Noah Fant. i.e. AJ Epenesa. That's before we even get into his sub-par in-game decisions.

Here's my interview with Reese Morgan last month, when he talked about Nixon. Did not sound like a kid on the outs with the coaches or the program:

LINK

Also, let's reel in the speculation and wait to see what comes out. We've had rumors that Hockenson was coming back to school and that Tyler Cook was out for the season gain legs during the last week.

Here's my interview with Reese Morgan last month, when he talked about Nixon. Did not sound like a kid on the outs with the coaches or the program:

LINK

Also, let's reel in the speculation and wait to see what comes out. We've had rumors that Hockenson was coming back to school and that Tyler Cook was out for the season gain legs during the last week.
Well that's no fun!!
We don't need no stinking facts!!

LINK

Hell, last April and May some were sure Cook was out of here, even transferring to Missouri.

I agree

And beat two p5 teams with winning records. Cmon guys!

At least get your facts straight.

Iowa was 4-1 vs P5 teams with losing records (Sole loss to Purdue)
Iowa was 3-3 vs P5 teams with winning records (Wins over Minnesota, ISU and Miss. St.) .

I think ultimately this should have been a 10-11 win team, they had the talent for that, and the 4 losses they had were just all so winnable.

If this transfer goes through, I'm old enough to have seen two Nixons resign.

I was glad when Tricky Dick resigned because it was in the day where there were only three channels and the Watergate hearings lasted all day, preventing me from watching cartoons and Batman.

Wouldn't be glad if this one goes through though.

Mary, your husband is guilty of not using the talent he has. i.e. Noah Fant. i.e. AJ Epenesa. That's before we even get into his sub-par in-game decisions.

Ya cause we know KF just overrules PP all the time on who should play on defense. And PP doesn't know squat right??

Wasn't the guy that ended the year for ISU at QB last year supposed to be an NFL draft prospect and easily better than Stanley? ISU fans are almost as fun to laugh at as Nebraska fans.

Yes. And Iowa D made him look pedestrian, and then hurt him. Sounds like Kempt wants to be a coach now so good luck to him.

Has Nixon said "Energize" yet? If he hasn't, he's still standing on the transporter.
DpO9J6a.gif

Latest posts