Nixon enters transfer portal

Do the coaches look at switching Linderbaum back to DT with these DL departures or is that a done deal?
Probably a last resort... I mean we haven't even gotten to spring practice yet so he could easy enough. A few years back they shuffled some guys from LB to FB back and forth a few times. They were backups that primarily played special teams but to say it couldn't be done would be wrong....

Wow, he has a great position coach, a great DE to take pressure off DTs and another really good DEnd..Does he not want to rotate? Does he think he should play every down?

I bet its grades though.
Iowa needs to tweak those FB player classes a bit more. Too many are failing because of no fault of their own.

It’s sad, because with all these departures, 2019 really looks like a 7-5 rebuilding year. Which is a shame, because 8-4 should be rebuilding
Hey, will tickets and gear be cheaper because of these transfers?

No? Then I don't want to hear about it from people who preach "next man in". Win games.

I really don't know on that, but that is the rumor. It makes some sense as the coaches and even Kirk have said postitive things about Nixon, and have said they anticipate him being back with the team in Jan. That indicates to me that it isn't grades, and it isn't on the football side of things here. I don't think we will really know what is happening for sure, kind of like what for sure happened with Coker.
If that really is the case, that's puzzling. If it was legal, surely we would have heard about it? I do know that Kirk was NOT happy with how Coker's case was handled, so I wonder if they're fighting for Daviyon behind the scenes.

Reading the tea leaves seem consistent with a conduct issue at the university level. Cannot believe the coaches would praise him if it were a team or grade issue. So, let's hope the rumor that Nixon wants to stay and entered his name in the portal as a back up plan are largely true AND, he is cleared soon.

We literally just went 9-4. To call this hyperbole would be an insult to that word.

That was a sarcastic remark, but Miss State was the only team we beat worth writing home about. Before that we didn’t beat Jack crap anyone. Are you proud about that?

That was a sarcastic remark, but Miss State was the only team we beat worth writing home about. Before that we didn’t beat Jack crap anyone. Are you proud about that?
Sorry, but Jack crap anyone wasn't on this year's schedule. So, you need to get your facts straight.

It's Ok to say Iowa State is an okay team. They were. We just didn't get a chance to face their 3rd string QB.

Meh, I ain't even scared. Kids these days gotta have constant attention. What better way to get it than to make everyone think they are leaving. He ain't going nowhere.

It's Ok to say Iowa State is an okay team. They were. We just didn't get a chance to face their 3rd string QB.

Ok, I’ll give you that one. You know I was one of the few who predicted ISU would improve if they kept their coach around. That was at the end of his first season.

I've heard two scenarios on this, the first being that this is similar to the Marcus Coker situation and he's been suspended by the University and not the coaching staff and he'll effectively never play at Iowa.
The second is that he is in good standing with the University and Kirk and that he entered his name in the portal more as a precaution than anything else. Hopefully that's the case.

Latest posts