NCAA Tournament for Iowa in 2013?

Yeah and he turned it around in a big way. Indiana probably has the most talent in the BIG right now and he did it in 4 years. They are preseason #1. I don't think Crean is a good teacher/coach but he's certainly proved that he is a good recruiter.

Iowa has ZERO chance of being a preseason #1 in the next 2 years. They are going to be fighting like hell just to make the NCAA next year.

You are terrible at this whole message board argument thing.

Creans record does nothing to support anything you are trying to say. He was awful his first three years. Much worse than McCaffery.

Beliens record at Michigan wasn't good his first three years either.

All the examples you are bring up are directly contradicting your stance and backing up what Iowa fans are saying.

You are inept and trying to argue a point.

Yeah and he turned it around in a big way. Indiana probably has the most talent in the BIG right now and he did it in 4 years. They are preseason #1. I don't think Crean is a good teacher/coach but he's certainly proved that he is a good recruiter.

Iowa has ZERO chance of being a preseason #1 in the next 2 years. They are going to be fighting like hell just to make the NCAA next year.

1. No one here is claiming we’ll be a preseason #1 in the next 2 years. For God sakes the majority of people in this thread are only giving us a 30-40% chance of making the tournament.

2. Why come here and talk s*** about our coach and expect us to agree with you? He made a 7 WIN improvement and rose attendance 20% from year 1 to year 2. And he outcoached your mascot-resembling troll TWICE this season. We’re excited. And we should be. Oh, and Fran won more games in his first TWO years than Crean did in his first THREE years.

It's the summer and I'm bored since I'm not a baseball fan. My wife is a Iowa alum so I have many Hawkeye relatives.

I doubt many fans nationally or even within the BIG ten know who coaches Iowa. Fran McCaffery is not a household name nor do I anticipate after another NIT bid that he will be anytime soon.

A coach like Tom Crean is someone that gets the opposing fans and coaches in the BIG ten nervous. He came in and in 3 years totally transformed Indiana. Granted Indiana is a blue blood program and most any coach is going to find it easy to recruit there. Nonetheless Crean totally took Indiana from a bottom dweller to making Assembly Hall a place opposing teams need to worry about. Fran McCaffery hasn't done anything like that and personally I don't see that happening this year either.

Bo Ryan didn't need 3-4 years to get Wisconsin really good. He won BIG titles his 1st two seasons with less coming back his 1st season than Iowa's ever had. We graduated our entire starting 5 when Bo Ryan came in and we were expected to finish 10th. That's why I laugh at the blind optimism on this board. There is no evidence to support it.

Crean and Beilien immediately changed Michigan and Indiana around. Iowa? Just don't see it.

You don't even know how to troll correctly, and it is sad to watch. Crean and Beilien are perfect examples of what Fran is doing. Crean won 16 games his first two years, Bielien won 31 games his first two years. Fran won 29 games his first two years.

If you are going to troll don't embarrass yourself by being a complete f*cking idiot on the subject matter...... :rolleyes:

I like how he references the "We're back" thing like it's not completely tongue in cheek.

There were obvious signs that Michigan and Indiana were on the right trajectory. I've yet to see any of that with Iowa. Indiana did it more through recruiting possibly the nation's best player (Zeller) while Beilien did it more organically by developing players.

I've yet to see any of that with McCaffery. If you are still getting dismantled by 30 points a game at times, that isn't progress. And not difficult to improve attendance when there were 5k fans showing up to your games as a baseline of measurement.

I like how he references the "We're back" thing like it's not completely tongue in cheek.

I laugh because when I hear a hawk fan say "We're back" I honestly don't know what they are referring to? Tom Davis years? You fired him and he was mediocre to begin with (though certainly much better than what you've had lately). George Raveling? Lute Olson? They were here 30+ years ago and Iowa never had a 10 year run of being a top 10-15 team in that time.

So what does "we're back" mean? We're back to being not a laughingstock?

When Indiana says "we're back" or when Michigan says "we're back" I totally get it. Because they were truly national programs, especially Indiana as they were a blue blood under Bobby Knight.

There were obvious signs that Michigan and Indiana were on the right trajectory. I've yet to see any of that with Iowa. Indiana did it more through recruiting possibly the nation's best player (Zeller) while Beilien did it more organically by developing players.

I've yet to see any of that with McCaffery. If you are still getting dismantled by 30 points a game at times, that isn't progress. And not difficult to improve attendance when there were 5k fans showing up to your games as a baseline of measurement.

What exactly has Beilien done at Michigan? Have one winning conference record and win 2 NCAA games in 5 years? Those are pretty lofty goals to meet. Fran did more than that at Siena.

You really are a terrible troll.

50%+ chance. Better non-conference record and top-half-ish Big Ten finish with at least 1 BTT win will get them in. All doable.

Are you serious? This guy is the best troll I have ever seen. Not only is he getting all of the attention and made a 10 page thread all about himself, but he is absolutely owning everyone who steps to him.

He's owning HawkeyeNation like Baby BoBo owned Fran last season. Lots of screaming and yelling, but no real results.

Are you serious? This guy is the best troll I have ever seen. Not only is he getting all of the attention and made a 10 page thread all about himself, but he is absolutely owning everyone who steps to him.

By all measures he has shown ZERO basketball knowledge, and he contradicts himself all over the place. Says Fran isn't doing as well as Beilien or Crean, when in fact after 2 years he is. Says there is no sign of Fran improving the program when we went from 11 wins to 18 wins, and also got a top 25 recruiting class even though we have been bottom dwellers for 5 years now. I could link to several article and national pundits that see Iowa's program that is on the rise.

So basically the dude is a big time troll, who is owning nobody with actual facts. I will agree he is winning the idiot trolling battle, as people keep engaging him in the argument.....

so fran hasnt done as much as belien and crean...
1) amount of wins in first 2 yrs - did pretty much the same or better than both of those two.
2) top recruits - top 25 class coming in
3) development - marble has gone from a guy most thought was a legacy token scholly to the most likely canidate to lead the team in scoring. turned matt gatens from a guy that everyone thought would be better as a complimentary piece into a legit #1 scorer. helped zach mccabe become a legit downlow post presence. i could go on but i think iowa fans know the rest.

i find it funny that ab says he isnt worried about iowa but iowa is all he talks about...trying to downgrade us. if he wasnt actually worried he would ignore us. but he doesnt and he contradicts himself when proven wrong...with the win comment, then the development comment and the recruiting comment. the real difference between the 3 coaches is how they came up to get their jobs. but all 3 are legit.

It does seem that Iowa is all ab talks about, but that doesn't mean he isn't logging in to all the other conference members boards. He seems like a really active badger.

What exactly has Beilien done at Michigan? Have one winning conference record and win 2 NCAA games in 5 years? Those are pretty lofty goals to meet. Fran did more than that at Siena.

What has Beilein done at Michigan? Oh I don't know, something about he won the conference regular season title last year? That seems to be the goal entering conference play right? He also had a stud freshman point guard (I can say stud and have it be truthful because he's actually played a season, Gesell has done nothing), landed one of the highest ranked recruits in the conference Glen Robinson III, landed a stud big man (Woodbury is a project) and returns several key veterans off of a conference championship team and NCAA tournament team.

Someone in the Michigan AD should given Beilien at least a 14 year extension as that's at least twice what McCaffery has done.

What has Beilein done at Michigan? Oh I don't know, something about he won the conference regular season title last year? That seems to be the goal entering conference play right? He also had a stud freshman point guard (I can say stud and have it be truthful because he's actually played a season, Gesell has done nothing), landed one of the highest ranked recruits in the conference Glen Robinson III, landed a stud big man (Woodbury is a project) and returns several key veterans off of a conference championship team and NCAA tournament team.

Someone in the Michigan AD should given Beilien at least a 14 year extension as that's at least twice what McCaffery has done.

cedb5699_Popcorn.gif

What exactly has Beilien done at Michigan? Have one winning conference record and win 2 NCAA games in 5 years? Those are pretty lofty goals to meet. Fran did more than that at Siena. You really are a terrible troll.
What has Beilein done at Michigan? Oh I don't know, something about he won the conference regular season title last year? That seems to be the goal entering conference play right? He also had a stud freshman point guard (I can say stud and have it be truthful because he's actually played a season, Gesell has done nothing), landed one of the highest ranked recruits in the conference Glen Robinson III, landed a stud big man (Woodbury is a project) and returns several key veterans off of a conference championship team and NCAA tournament team. Someone in the Michigan AD should given Beilien at least a 14 year extension as that's at least twice what McCaffery has done.

he did all that in his 2nd year?

McCafferys first two years have been as good or better than the two terrible examples you brought up.

The facts are what they are, your grasping at straws now. More wins and higher ranked recruits is progress. Period.

The obvious signs of improvement are clearly present with Iowa. Whether or not you want to acknowledge them is irrelevant.

You are inept at arguing a point. Give up.

LOL, owning? What thread are you reading?

Coming up with bad points and then contradicting yourself is not what I would consider owning anything.

So hes done twice as much work in twice as much time, or simplified exactly the same.

Your a moron.

Latest posts