NCAA Tournament for Iowa in 2013?

Immediate history.. Iowa 2.. Wisky 0

Iowa loses Gatens and Cartwright...Wisky loses Taylor and Uthoff.

Iowa gets 2 top 100's and another 3, Wisky .. Dekker and?

Iowa keeps Fran, a brilliant coach and Wisky allows Coach Bo to down slide at the end of his career.

Immediate history.. Iowa 2.. Wisky 0

Iowa loses Gatens and Cartwright...Wisky loses Taylor and Uthoff.

Iowa gets 2 top 100's and another 3, Wisky .. Dekker and?

Iowa keeps Fran, a brilliant coach and Wisky allows Coach Bo to down slide at the end of his career.

Yeah Wisconsin gets to keep the winningest coach in Big Ten history and Iowa gets to keep a guy that's never made the NCAA tournament at a major Division I school.

We didn't lose Uthoff as he never played a single minute for us. Oh and we gain George Marshall and possibly the best player to ever play for Bo Ryan and he's had a few brilliant ones.

Can we stop talking about Wisconsin basketball on this thread?

I can't stomach watching Wisconsin basketball in March, much less reading about it on a message board in July.

I guess I'd take all those wins Ryan has piled up over the years, as long as I didn't have to actually watch the games. But please, let's drop the subject and get back to something more exciting, like watching our screensavers, if nothing else.

nah, we'll be too up and down this year ... 2014 is more likely, but a lot of teams arrive a year early, and if we do make it, we should be "better than our record" by that point

Dry, Please Dry.....

article-1326118264219-0F63DCCF00000578-568349_636x300.jpg

Pretty Please.....

The conference is getting tougher every year, including Iowa. I'm not sure you will be seeing much of wisconsin in march.

The conference is getting tougher every year, including Iowa. I'm not sure you will be seeing much of wisconsin in march.

Bo Ryan will never miss an NCAA tournament when he is a coach.

Iowa and the rest of the conference would have to getting exponentially better for Wisconsin to not make it. Wisconsin will just keep getting better as well.

2012-2013 might be Bo's best team he's had at UW. That's what Wisconsin players do, they get better in case you haven't been watching the past decade. Though that might not be a surprise as who has been watching Iowa?

Bo Ryan will never miss an NCAA tournament when he is a coach.

Iowa and the rest of the conference would have to getting exponentially better for Wisconsin to not make it. Wisconsin will just keep getting better as well.

2012-2013 might be Bo's best team he's had at UW. That's what Wisconsin players do, they get better in case you haven't been watching the past decade. Though that might not be a surprise as who has been watching Iowa?

Why are you still on here talking about Wisconsin?

Please stop talking about Wisconsin basketball. Please, I beg of you. My toes curl thinking about it.

Last night, my wife watched back-to-back episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardashians and The Bachelorette. Despite being happily married for three years, last night, for the first, I questioned my choice for a life partner. This doubt shook me to the core. How could anyone watch such horrific, offensive, maddening shows? How could I marry someone who chose to watch these shows with her free time? It was a restless night for me. I tossed, I turned, I questioned all that I had previously accepted as fact.

Yet given the choice, I would watch either of those two disgusting TV programs over Wisconsin basketball. At least those reality shows haven't taken a beautiful art and bastardized it beyond recognition.

So for the final time, I ask, I plea, I beg, please do not mention Wisconsin basketball again in this thread. I obviously have enough issues to deal with based on my wife's recent selection of entertainment. The mere mention of Wisconsin basketball is simply too much to absorb right now.

Well you can always hire the coach at Grinnell college when the Fran experiment fails. Maybe scoring 150 points and losing will draw fans to Carver. I'm looking forward to Iowa running a fast break with 5 unathletic white guys and the best player a ginger. I don't know whether to laugh or cry thinking of a fast-breaking Iowa team consisting of (Woodbury, Gesell, Uthoff, White and McCabe).

Oops, 2 gingers (White and Gesell)

AB, you truly are a sad case. After displaying your ignorance on Hawkeye Insider for weeks, you’ve decided to branch out and post your drivel here. After all your posts, really your entire spiel is, “we’ve always been good under Bo Ryan, so therefore we always will be. Iowa has been bad for this period of time, therefore they always will be.†That’s it. That really is your entire argument.

Everything else you’ve posted is the most juvenile fandom crap imaginable. You’ve displayed zero college basketball knowledge. You’ve made disparaging remarks about Coach McCaffery, even going so far as to state that no one in the nation or even in the Big Ten knows who he is. Would that include the other Big Ten coaches, as I can assure you they know very well who coaches Iowa basketball. I suspect he may have gotten Ryan’s attention, in particular, after beating him twice last year. Any decent fan of Big Ten basketball has taken notice of the job that McCaffery has done in his two short years at Iowa, but of course, his achievements have escaped you. You belittle our players, all the while building up your roster to unrealistic levels. Frankly, I doubt many Iowa fans would be willing to trade rosters with Wisconsin. We are deeper and just as talented, whether you recognize that fact or not. You’ve built up your recruits to almost unobtainable standards, while denigrating our higher rated incoming class. You diminish Jarrod Uthoff’s abilities, now that he has transferred, when, in fact, he was regaled by most Badger fans until he decided to follow his heart and play a more appealing brand of basketball.

In short, with every post, you simply cement your image here, that of an ignorant, biased troll that really is here only to annoy. Do us, and yourself, a favor and take your nonsense back to your Badger buddies, many of which feel the same about you as we Hawk fans do.

AB, you truly are a sad case. After displaying your ignorance on Hawkeye Insider for weeks, you’ve decided to branch out and post your drivel here. After all your posts, really your entire spiel is, “we’ve always been good under Bo Ryan, so therefore we always will be. Iowa has been bad for this period of time, therefore they always will be.†That’s it. That really is your entire argument.

Everything else you’ve posted is the most juvenile fandom crap imaginable. You’ve displayed zero college basketball knowledge. You’ve made disparaging remarks about Coach McCaffery, even going so far as to state that no one in the nation or even in the Big Ten knows who he is. Would that include the other Big Ten coaches, as I can assure you they know very well who coaches Iowa basketball. I suspect he may have gotten Ryan’s attention, in particular, after beating him twice last year. Any decent fan of Big Ten basketball has taken notice of the job that McCaffery has done in his two short years at Iowa, but of course, his achievements have escaped you. You belittle our players, all the while building up your roster to unrealistic levels. Frankly, I doubt many Iowa fans would be willing to trade rosters with Wisconsin. We are deeper and just as talented, whether you recognize that fact or not. You’ve built up your recruits to almost unobtainable standards, while denigrating our higher rated incoming class. You diminish Jarrod Uthoff’s abilities, now that he has transferred, when, in fact, he was regaled by most Badger fans until he decided to follow his heart and play a more appealing brand of basketball.

In short, with every post, you simply cement your image here, that of an ignorant, biased troll that really is here only to annoy. Do us, and yourself, a favor and take your nonsense back to your Badger buddies, many of which feel the same about you as we Hawk fans do.

Completely untrue.

Not backed my opinions up with facts? Check the messages. I'm totally willing to get into a factual argument with you using whatever metric you'd prefer. In fact when one of your posters tries to in fact use facts his/her math is so far gone that it almost doesn't even justify a response. We can use whatever factual data metrics you'd prefer (winning %, kenpom, stats inc, minutes returning, minutes departing, etc)

Come up with an argument not based upon theory or conjecture and I'd be more than willing to debate it with you. I use Ryan's previous history, winning %, offensive efficiency rate, defensive efficiency rate, points per possession, as metrics because those are data points that are available heading into a season. No one knows definitively what is going to happen when games haven't been played but "reasonable" guesses can be made based on a decade of data.

From a theoretical standpoint if you ask me if Fran McCaffery is a good coach my honest answer would be: I don't know. Iowa was so bad his first year that it's hard to make any inferences about an improvement in year two as the baseline was so low in year 1. What I see are ridiculous defensive lapses and inefficient possessions on the offensive end. Total points scored is a much worse metric to look at than PPP points per possession. I do think Iowa has talent, enough to make the NCAA tournament THIS year though don't see that happening in a strong BIG. If Iowa doesn't make the NCAA tournament in year 3 then there is a TON of pressure to actually get there in year 4. Not just get there but finish Top 4 in BIG as other teams would have graduated a lot of talent.

What's awesome though is the Badgers have been good for a decade and still nobody gives a **** about the Badgers.

I don't understand how you can stay on this board, you should have got banhammer just like herby..Jon might do that if you started to make everyone deaf with your raving and rambling.
this board is for everyone to have fun and enjoy talking about hawks, it's not for bytching..

Last edited:
I mean, usually good programs develop a large bandwagon of haters based solely of their success but not Bucky, because nobody gives a **** about Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has reached their apex. They are consistently good but will never have a great team because they can't get the kind of talent it takes to be an elite team.

ab is probably some nineth grader in some small wisconsin town that doesn't have anything else to do. By his past posts, he really isn't someone to be taken seriously. I can understand why he should be banned though.

Latest posts