NCAA Tournament for Iowa in 2013?

What a team! i love fast paced games
It's going to be similar to the running of the Wild Bulls of Pamplona, Atomic.....

Bull-Run-for-web.jpg

:)

Was Iowa playing fast when they gave up 95 points to MSU and lost by 30?

Looked like Iowa has been the dude running in the street and the opponents have been the bulls the last two years.

But hey, you did win your 2 Super Bowl games (Wisconsin)

Was Iowa playing fast when they gave up 95 points to MSU and lost by 30?Looked like Iowa has been the dude running in the street and the opponents have been the bulls the last two years.But hey, you did win your 2 Super Bowl games (Wisconsin)

when you play uptempo a blowout happens more often...weak teams or lesser teams tend to want to play slower to keep the score closer so they have a chance (ie uni beating kansas). iowa wants to play uptempo but against a superior msu team it turned into a blowout. i can live with that knowing that it was a rebuilding time. our supposed super bowls (not really) must have hurt you a lot since all you do is bring them up. you keep giving excuses but my grandfather always told me that excuses are like rocking chairs...they give you something to do but they dont get you anywhere.

you really must care about those 2 super bowl games for us since you always bring them up...sorry they were such painful losses for you.

Was Iowa playing fast when they gave up 95 points to MSU and lost by 30?

Looked like Iowa has been the dude running in the street and the opponents have been the bulls the last two years.

But hey, you did win your 2 Super Bowl games (Wisconsin)

Oh, wow, why....do....you....care.....about....Iowa?

The Iowa hoops team has a better chance of playing in the Big Dance in March 2013 than the football team has playing a bowl game in January 2013.

Activebadger your basketball and football teams are both in a good place right now. Your football team is playing in a crippled division and your basketball team has been quite successful under Bo. Your basketball team is in decline (with or without Dekker) and your football team will be back in the middle of the pack when OSU is done with their sanctions. Wisconsin is not elite but you ARE in the best period of your athletics history. Enjoy it and quit being a ****IN* dick!

I think as goes gessel as goed iowa. we have enough depth and talent everywhere else to compete. obvously sg is a bit of a questionmark considering what we lost in gatens but i think we have a decent idea of what is comming back there in Oglesthree and Marble.

+1 I agree.

When u argue head to head victories in comparison to a sweet 16 season... u sound like a cyclone football fan.

Over? Not as long as Bo Ryan or Greg Gard are roaming the sidelines.

So what you are saying is that since Campbell beat you that Campbell is the superior program? I think that is what you are trying to say if you use your line of logic.

Iowa hasn't been to the NCAA's in YEARS!! Iowa isn't relavant. Could they be? Sure. But you can score 80 points every game you want but what does it matter when you give up 95?

Going to have to score more than 66 points to defeat the Hawks.....

When I have had difficulty sleeping at night, I always welcome a Wisconsin basketball game the following night, better than the strongest sleeping aid available.....

That is the main reason I love the Badgers.....

I call it SnoozeBall.....

Thanks for your input, always good for a chuckle.....

Jack.....

:D

Last edited:
ISU,Western Ky,WSU and Norfolk St all made the NCAA tourny last year.
Coppin,Va Tech and UNI made the NIT.

This is a much better schedule than last year.
Not as many bottom feeders either.

Coppin State's RPI was 274.
Norfolk's was 129 (might have been the biggest upset in the history of the tourney last year)
Western KY was 185.

All would qualify as "bad losses" 100+ RPI teams.

WSU was decimated by graduation. I don't see them with an RPI above 100 next season.

VA tech has a new coach and lost a bunch of transfers. I do think UNI and ISU will be top 100 teams but I'm skeptical of either one being in the tourney.

Basically I think there is little chance Iowa has a top 50 team even on their schedule in the noncon. No roadies against them. Likely any loss will be a real negative on the tourney resume.

I do not see SOS as a big deal for us. Last year Harvard, Missou, VA commonwealth, South Dakota State all had poor strength of Schedules and finish in RPI top 50. They took care of business. Wins and Losses are more important. We need to take care of business in nonconference this year. In 2010 we finished with a rpi of 186, 2011 we finished with rpi around 131. Those rpi's are from realtime. We will get more respect from the start of the year because we are returning the core of our team, Fran is getting respect from media, ect. I would not be surprised to see our first rpi around 100 this year. If we win the games we are supposed to win in non conference and finish .500 in BIG we should finish with RPI around 50. If we can get a couple wins against perrenial tournament teams we will get in.

Going to have to score more than 66 points to defeat the Hawks.....

When I have had difficulty sleeping at night, I always welcome a Wisconsin basketball game the following night, better than the strongest sleeping aid available.....

That is the main reason I love the Badgers.....

I call it SnoozeBall.....

Thanks for your input, always good for a chuckle.....

Jack.....

:D

Winning is never boring Jack Wagon. Our NCAA game against Syracuse was voted the top game in NCAA tournament by CBS. The Top 5 games in the BIG annually include at least 3 Wisconsin games (according to Nielsen ratings).

Yeah watching Iowa lose 95-78 against MSU is much more exciting:)

Every time I want a good laugh I visit this board and listen to Hawkeye fans proclaiming "We're Back!!!"

"Back" to what exactly I have no idea. I can't remember in my 38 years when Iowa was nationally relevant. Maybe the BJ Armstrong years over 25 freaking years ago!!!!!

Most kids playing basketball weren't even born then!!!

And Carver only sells out when free meals are offered.

I guess Pizza Hut, The Vine and Gumby's are in for banner year this year if the Iowa athletic department keeps them in business.

Actually I am quite curious as to whether or not you enjoyed the MSU loss more than the vastly humiliating losses to the Hawkeyes.....

Please answer, I am anxiously awaiting and have tears rolling down my cheeks right now....

Thanks, Jack.....

Actually I am quite curious as to whether or not you enjoyed the MSU loss more than the vastly humiliating losses to the Hawkeyes.....

Please answer, I am anxiously awaiting and have tears rolling down my cheeks right now....

Thanks, Jack.....

Keep clinging to those 2 victories last season. Fran parlayed that into a 7-year extension so maybe you're taking your cues from the head coach.

Who gives a rip that you beat us twice?!? We made the tournament (the Big Boys tournament not the NIT) you didn't. You finished lower division in the Big Ten. Few victories, every other measurable you want to think of we were better, have been better, will be better, etc etc etc.

You're Iowa. About the only thing you guys have in common with successful basketball programs is that you play your games on 10' baskets.

Maybe if you beat us twice next year and go to the NIT Fran will get a lifetime contract? Lock him up for good?:):):)

Latest posts