Mystery transfer revealed?

You don't understand why they hang out on other teams boards or why someone gets upset that they do?

I don't see how spending time on another team's message board makes someone any more of a loser than someone who spends time on their own team's message board.

Translation: "this hurts my feelings because I do it all the time."

Seriously, what's the big deal about it? It's not like we're talking about a West Virginia fan. ISU is a rival. There's a lot of Iowa and ISU fans in close proximity to each other in this state. As far as I'm concerned, it'd be weird if there WASN'T any of the same intermingling on each team's board.

Seriously, what's the big deal about it? It's not like we're talking about a West Virginia fan. ISU is a rival. There's a lot of Iowa and ISU fans in close proximity to each other in this state. As far as I'm concerned, it'd be weird if there WASN'T any of the same intermingling on each team's board.

About as weird as watching their games. I dont go to cyfan but I do watch their games at least when they are on.

I don't see how spending time on another team's message board makes someone any more of a loser than someone who spends time on their own team's message board.

Maybe we're just semi losers who only care about the team they like and follow?? I'm only interested in the Hawks...I guess I'm weird.

You seriously think he wasn't being sarcastic? This thread just went hilarious

It doesn't matter if he was being sarcastic, it was a stupid comment either way.

Taken at face value, it's over the top to call a kid a thug for a misdemeanor DUI.

Taken as sarcasm, it was an attempt to mock Iowa fans for expressing distaste in the way Hoiberg runs his misfit crew. But the situations are so vastly different that it ends up being a stupid statement. It's like sarcastically saying, "but I guess that's different," when the situations are different.

Really nice try, but not buyin it.

Please go back to Cyclone Fanatic and celebrate your 6-7 seasons and minor bowl loss to Tulsa with your buddies.
Sorry, man. It was totally a sarcastic dig on the Clones' recent strategy of taking transfers with history. I would be fine with the Hawks getting this guy, just as I am with the majority of the players ISU has taken. I just figured if some here called those transfers thugs, turnabout is fair play, right?

No harm intended, and if anyone is that easily offended, I can't see why they go to sports message boards.

It doesn't matter if he was being sarcastic, it was a stupid comment either way.

Taken at face value, it's over the top to call a kid a thug for a misdemeanor DUI.

Taken as sarcasm, it was an attempt to mock Iowa fans for expressing distaste in the way Hoiberg runs his misfit crew. But the situations are so vastly different that it ends up being a stupid statement. It's like sarcastically saying, "but I guess that's different," when the situations are different.

You mean it's not over the top to call a kid a thug because he made a hand gesture after hitting a big three pointer (which some people on this board did once upon a time)?

Why did you ask me that?

It's not meant to be an accusation against you, but that line I bolded in your post set up my point. We had some morons label Christopherson a thug over nothing; because of things like that, in addition to the way many regard Hoiberg's recruiting strategy, it really wasn't (or shouldn't have been) too hard to realize the ISU poster was being sarcastic.

It's not meant to be an accusation against you, but that line I bolded in your post set up my point. We had some morons label Christopherson a thug over nothing; because of things like that, in addition to the way many regard Hoiberg's recruiting strategy, it really wasn't (or shouldn't have been) too hard to realize the ISU poster was being sarcastic.
Scotty C grew up on the mean streets of LaCrosse, snorting FunDip powder and dealing Cracker Jacks, so they got that one right.

Christopherson didn't look like a thug. He looked like a toolbag flashing his gangsta signals wearing his baby gap undershirt. What a bad ***.

Scotty C grew up on the mean streets of LaCrosse, snorting FunDip powder and dealing Cracker Jacks, so they got that one right.

We get it, he's white, and only blacks can be thugs. Which basically sums up the response from ISU fans.

I don't care what anybody says: I loved to watch Royce White at ISU. His performance against UConn was classic. He held his own for a while against eventual national champs Kentucky.....

:rolleyes:

Of hoiberg's "misfit crew", only Royce had been in trouble with the law, but that didn't stop iowa fans from labeling them all thugs, or misfits.

We get it, he's white, and only blacks can be thugs. Which basically sums up the response from ISU fans.
Or one could say that, regardless of color, someone that does well academically, treats others well, and stays out of trouble is not a thug, and by all accounts this described him.

Latest posts