Mystery transfer revealed?

That's what I was thinking 1hawkeye1. He looks pretty good on his tape, but he isn't up against Big Ten caliber defenses. Hard to tell how he would stack up. Regardless, he'd provide a little more depth and experience. Fran probably feels he is worth taking a look at after losing May and Ingram.

So you are saying he is average sized for a SG. Average isnt good. Good would be more than average.

The original comment said he had good size.

According to Webster's, "good" can be defined as fitting, adequate, or satisfactory, which appears to fit here. Unless somehow "average" is below "fitting" then I think the problem is really more about your incorrect comprehension of the meaning of the term than the OP's.

I hear what you're saying. But keep in mind, that was at Pepperdine. He ain't breaking down a B1G defense and getting to the rim. Not happenin.

No, he isn't in the B1G. But you can look at his stats and his film and come to the conclusion that he could very likely help Iowa, especially next year after Marble is gone. He played in the West Coast Conference, which included Gonzaga, BYU and St. Mary's. And Pepperdine's non-con schedule included Cal and Washington State. It's not like he was playing in the MEAC.

Looks ideal to me. Good size, his 3-point shooting percentage of over 37% would have made him far and away the best 3-point shooter for Iowa last year.

According to Webster's, "good" can be defined as fitting, adequate, or satisfactory, which appears to fit here. Unless somehow "average" is below "fitting" then I think the problem is really more about your incorrect comprehension of the meaning of the term than the OP's.

Thanks for the clarification.

Pepperdine's fan base was clearly not happy with this development. Evidently their school has a very strict anti-alcohol/drug policy and they originally felt he might be suspended for a year. When he announced he had asked for and been granted his release, the reaction was reminiscent of the Lickliter defections. They obviously felt they were losing their best returning player.

So you are saying he is average sized for a SG. Average isnt good. Good would be more than average.

The original comment said he had good size.

Average height of NBA shooting guards is 6'6. Michael Jordan, therefore, did not have good size.

Edit: Should have kept reading the thread.

Gatens was the best player every year he was at Iowa, so those other guys were just players. Iowa had a lot of players transfer under the previous coach and I don't feel any of them were better than Gatens.

Jake Kelley would be next in line.....

He did very well at Iowa his last season filling in at point guard, Didn't do quite as well when he transfered.......

:rolleyes:

I was trying to remember if Kelly got hurt at Iowa. The only thing that comes to mind was his mom dying in a plane crash.

I was trying to remember if Kelly got hurt at Iowa. The only thing that comes to mind was his mom dying in a plane crash.

My bad. He tore his ACL in his first season at ISU. Then he suffered a stress reaction in his foot that hindered him as a senior. For some reason, I was thinking he suffered some sort of injury as a freshman.

We were lucky to have him at point guard late in the season. Would have been even worse without Him and Gatens......

He had an unusual style, nobody knew what he was going to do with the ball....

My bad. He tore his ACL in his first season at ISU. Then he suffered a stress reaction in his foot that hindered him as a senior. For some reason, I was thinking he suffered some sort of injury as a freshman.

Thats what I thought but I wasnt 100% sure. It seemed like he had a lingering wrist/arm problem or something along those lines while at Iowa.

Anybody remember the rumor that Kelly was consdering transferring back to Iowa? I cant remember all the details with that either.

Latest posts