Mystery transfer revealed?

Inquiring minds want to know.....do you have intel on Baker's decision,Spank?

I was hoping we could land this player,as we might end up scrambling to find enough prep players to fill all four schollys.

I don't care what anybody says: I loved to watch Royce White at ISU. His performance against UConn was classic. He held his own for a while against eventual national champs Kentucky.....

:rolleyes:

Honestly, I was never ever impressed by Royce White; he was a poor man's version of Rodney Rodgers and Rodgers really didn't have a storied NBA career after a real outstanding college career.

Matt was the better player as the senior but I would say that at the time they left Tony Freeman and Jake Kelly were the teams best players, or at least close to it.

I guess Kelly had a good sophomore year when he hit is streak of 20+ games, until then he was an okay ball player. I know he got hurt after he left Iowa, but he really didn't do a whole lot after he left.
Freeman was able to redshirt and did really nothing after he left Iowa; granted he had one year to play, but was with his team for two.

Gatens is probably the only player who is a guard that had a positive assist to turnover ratio that played at Iowa for four years since Horner. Gatens was a good player his entire career, but was stuck on some bad to terrible teams until his Sr year. So much stuff that was blamed on Gatens in his career was never justified; don't let any of that skew what Gatens was...a complete ball player who busted his butt for Iowa in his time on campus, who happened to be a good ball player as well.

I guess Kelly had a good sophomore year when he hit is streak of 20+ games, until then he was an okay ball player. I know he got hurt after he left Iowa, but he really didn't do a whole lot after he left.
Freeman was able to redshirt and did really nothing after he left Iowa; granted he had one year to play, but was with his team for two.

Gatens is probably the only player who is a guard that had a positive assist to turnover ratio that played at Iowa for four years since Horner. Gatens was a good player his entire career, but was stuck on some bad to terrible teams until his Sr year. So much stuff that was blamed on Gatens in his career was never justified; don't let any of that skew what Gatens was...a complete ball player who busted his butt for Iowa in his time on campus, who happened to be a good ball player as well.

I think Jake Kelly would have been 10 X the player than he ended up, if he didn't have the tragedy. And there's nothing wrong with that. By all accounts, he was very close to his mother. Hard to imagine how that would effect a person.

Jake has been hurt since he graduated. Last I knew he was gonna try and make a comeback this year in the d league or overseas.

I think Jake Kelly would have been 10 X the player than he ended up, if he didn't have the tragedy. And there's nothing wrong with that. By all accounts, he was very close to his mother. Hard to imagine how that would effect a person.

I don't disagree and I don't think he would have ever transferred either.

I saw a tweet posted by him and he was appreciative of the Iowa people, but led me to believe he would not be going to Iowa. I will see if I can find it.

Good God. We covered the tweet while you two lightweights were having your little circle jerk. See posts 49-59. It wasn't the tweet. Interviews surfaced after the tweet in which Baker named us his favorite.

Spank's either hoarding infor or he's hanging his hat on week old bad info, which would be somewhat unSpank.

Good God. We covered the tweet while you two lightweights were having your little circle jerk. See posts 49-59. It wasn't the tweet. Interviews surfaced after the tweet in which Baker named us his favorite.

Spank's either hoarding infor or he's hanging his hat on week old bad info, which would be somewhat unSpank.

Easy there grapey...it is okay

Latest posts