Murray Twins Commit to Iowa

Yeah, going by memory, Kenyon was more of a lock down defender than a true SCORER. Still a good player, absolutely, but definitely didn't live up to the extreme hype that I remember in the early 90's. For those who may not remember, his commitment was a pretty big deal. Offensively, he just never really came around the way people thought he would.
Yeah Murray was an opportunistic scorer. He got lots of layups off steels due to the press and broken plays. He wasn't a great halfcourt take a guy off the dribble or catch and shoot kind of scorer. But perfect for Dr Toms style. He was fun to watch

Mr. Davis was the teacher of that. He had a bunch of players in that era doing that. Settles especially

I would bet that Settles still pump fakes while he is sleeping.

I wasn't real excited when I saw these two, but have more of a wait and see attitude after reading more into it. If they have grown 3 inches that probably has a lot to do with them not having much interest from high school. 6'5 shooting guard compared to 6'8 shooting forward are completely different abilities. Looks like both can shoot. 3 inches of height could equate to much more in wingspan.

I feel that Fran and the coaching staff have recognized talent before other schools many times and then the player blows up. We just haven't gotten those players. I'm hoping this is one of those situations. Read that Auburn was interested in them. Other schools may have known they wanted to play for the Hawks also. A lot of speculation, but time will tell.

Yeah Murray was an opportunistic scorer. He got lots of layups off steels due to the press and broken plays. He wasn't a great halfcourt take a guy off the dribble or catch and shoot kind of scorer. But perfect for Dr Toms style. He was fun to watch

Sounds about right. Lots of layups and dunks from fast breaks and turnovers forced by the press. And free throws. Mr. Davis's system generated lots of that.

I would bet that Settles still pump fakes while he is sleeping.

I wasn't real excited when I saw these two, but have more of a wait and see attitude after reading more into it. If they have grown 3 inches that probably has a lot to do with them not having much interest from high school. 6'5 shooting guard compared to 6'8 shooting forward are completely different abilities. Looks like both can shoot. 3 inches of height could equate to much more in wingspan.

I feel that Fran and the coaching staff have recognized talent before other schools many times and then the player blows up. We just haven't gotten those players. I'm hoping this is one of those situations. Read that Auburn was interested in them. Other schools may have known they wanted to play for the Hawks also. A lot of speculation, but time will tell.

Why not 2 6'8" shooting GUARDS in a couple of years?? Kansas had a 6'10" guard not long ago!

Why not 2 6'8" shooting GUARDS in a couple of years?? Kansas had a 6'10" guard not long ago!
maybe they will end up 6 10, May as well let the optimism flow. After watching that clip they sure are growing fast.

Anyone know anything about their mom? Hopefully tall and was an all American athlete!

Would love for these two to really pan out and take the conference by STORM. One could be thunder and the other lightening. :D

Anyone else see their dad on the rivals board posting about them? That's a bold move.

I did and he also was on Pat's show this week kind of discussing the reaction from Hawkeye fans to this news. It's sad that sacks of shit who literally provide nothing but internet vitriol have to tear down a couple of kids but it's the world we live in. It raised an eye brow with me too, but I am definitely warming up to the idea. I mean, I trust the staff a little with under the radar kids because they've literally built their program on them. Plus, they are legacy recruits. If they do end up good and ballers and had they slipped out of the state under Fran's nose, we wouldn't hear the end of it. Kenyon mentioned how his boys posted on Twitter their decision and then deactivated their account. He should probably do the same....even if they become the best players on the team eventually, Iowa fans will still hate on them much like they do with all their best players now. It's a tough situation to be in, especially as their dad. It's unfortunate, but if I were him I'd never get on the internet again.

Still remember Wade lighting up Wake Forest one year in the tourney.

If I remember right, he hit three straight 3's to start the game. Still sucks that Iowa lost this game. Thought they had the lead with under 5 to play. Of course, I remember Wake getting demolished by Kentucky in the Sweet 16 so maybe it's not all bad.

I'm not a hater I think because I see so many blue-chip players Fran is recruiting and out of the blue, we sign two non-rated players, with no D1 offers, and no highlights to look at. I never heard of these kids and if they really want to play for Iowa they could walk on as Stokes' kid did. I hope they blossom into superstars but I was really hoping for some bigger names to make this class stand out. Does that make me a dirtbag?

I did and he also was on Pat's show this week kind of discussing the reaction from Hawkeye fans to this news. It's sad that sacks of shit who literally provide nothing but internet vitriol have to tear down a couple of kids but it's the world we live in. It raised an eye brow with me too, but I am definitely warming up to the idea. I mean, I trust the staff a little with under the radar kids because they've literally built their program on them. Plus, they are legacy recruits. If they do end up good and ballers and had they slipped out of the state under Fran's nose, we wouldn't hear the end of it. Kenyon mentioned how his boys posted on Twitter their decision and then deactivated their account. He should probably do the same....even if they become the best players on the team eventually, Iowa fans will still hate on them much like they do with all their best players now. It's a tough situation to be in, especially as their dad. It's unfortunate, but if I were him I'd never get on the internet again.

most are not tearing down the kids, they tearing down the idiot at the top offering the kids....you know having a recruiting class that is going to be at the bottom of the BIG, that is just not impressive at all...

Latest posts