Murray Twins Commit to Iowa

I am totally happy for the Murray family, this has to be an awesome day for them. Welcome aboard!

True, but Till won't be on scholarship next year, and I'm betting one or both of Fran's kids aren't on scholarship after this

Looks like Fran really took to heart the whole "getting more black players" thing. That's 5 straight commits that are black.

Sounds like they had a nice showing recently that drew up some interest. Not sure if it resulted in any other offers besides Iowa or not.

Iowa will still take Foster obviously. I’m wondering on Ogundele or Sibley if there would be room.

I’m of the belief that this could be Pemsl’s last year as a Hawk. Could this be Connor’s last year before locking in on baseball? As I’ve mentioned we have a lot of scholarship flexibility.

With that said I’m not a huge fan of the monster classes and if the 2020 class ends with the current 4 we have that’s a major disappointment. Not one of those guys is even a top 250 player.

Great day for the Murray family, yes. Great day for an Iowa fan? No. These kids don't have any major offers and as seniors were both ranked outside of the top 10 in the state of Iowa.

I'm gonna have a great day as an Iowa fan, I know that much! Listen I'm as down on Iowa basketball and Fran as anyone around here. Yet I do know that Fran isn't an idiot, and he does somewhat well with lower rated kids. I wouldn't be shocked if they perform like a Baer/Pemsl, Kriener, etc who are always essential to teams. You needs kids who are ok not being the studs of the team, accept more limited minutes, do the dirty work and are just good team players. Plus they could end up being a Marble, White, Jok, Bohannon all kids who had no high major offers so speak of really.

Last edited:
Iowa will still take Foster obviously. I’m wondering on Ogundele or Sibley if there would be room.

I’m of the belief that this could be Pemsl’s last year as a Hawk. Could this be Connor’s last year before locking in on baseball? As I’ve mentioned we have a lot of scholarship flexibility.

With that said I’m not a huge fan of the monster classes and if the 2020 class ends with the current 4 we have that’s a major disappointment. Not one of those guys is even a top 250 player.

I've heard guys like Leistikow speculate we might never see Cordell in an Iowa jersey again. 50/50 is the odds I think he gave and he's typically leaning towards everything awesome always happens for Iowa kind of guy.

I've heard guys like Leistikow speculate we might never see Cordell in an Iowa jersey again. 50/50 is the odds I think he gave and he's typically leaning towards everything awesome always happens for Iowa kind of guy.

He was one of the guys who hosted Perkins on his visit. Cordel is back with the team by reports on Rivals.

These things have a way of working themselves out.

The press release we received when it was announced Till would be on scholarship said it was a one-year deal.

This news seems depressing from a big picture aspect. I can say that even being a positive Iowa hoops fan. I loved Kenyon Murray and I am excited his kids are going to Iowa but one would think Fran's recruiting would be on an uptick at this point after recent successes. If Iowa doesn't get Foster and then in turn misses the dance this year, I don't know how this class can be looked at as anything other than a disappointment and a sign that things are in fact going the wrong direction.

I'm gonna have a great day as an Iowa fan, I know that much! Listen I'm as down on Iowa basketball and Fran as anyone around here. Yet I do know that Fran isn't an idiot, and he does somewhat well with lower rated kids. I wouldn't be shocked if they perform like a Baer/Pemsl, Kriener, etc who are always essential to teams. You needs kids who are ok not being the studs of the team, accept more limited minutes, do the dirty work and are just good team players. Plus they could end up being a Marble, White, Jok, Bohannon all kids who had no high major offers so speak of really.

If we are taking under the radar guys, it's almost better they are iowa kids. Fran has a lot more exposure to them so he has a better gauge on how good they will be. Most of his in state guys have planned out. A lot of his out of state ones haven't.

I think this is awesome! If these kids develop into anything close to the player/versatility of Kenyon, this is HUGE. For decades now, we are ALWAYS bridesmaids chasing the 'big fish'.
I think this may turn out to be one of the biggest days in recent Hawkeye basketball history.

Latest posts