Murray Twins Commit to Iowa

I've watched some of their full games. I hate to say it, but a number of them have looked like a 4a team playing a 1a team in Iowa basketball. You can still improve against that kind of competition, but you need to have the focus to bring it against the good teams. A 33 point loss is not a good sign. Count me as significantly more skeptical of the 2xMurray backup plan again.

Their stats in the game are still pretty darn good. If the team got destroyed and they each went 15 and 5 or something that would be a lot worse. But they are clearly the two best players on the team so the other team had to be focused on stopping them and they still got theirs. That final score could just as easily be an indictment on the rest of their team instead of on them.

Just thought I would resurrect this old thread. I have enjoyed a lot of the comments given what we know now...............

I am in shock! Plus look at the like. View attachment 8597
Am I the only one going through all the pages and hoping I didn't say something incredibly stupid?
This is what makes message boards fun, man.

Certain people get all in a tizzy about hyperbole and "absolutes," but those people are generally miserable F sticks who take themselves too seriously and have no sense of humor. Sports message boards are meant for ridiculousness and hot takes. If you want serious conversation you gotta go down to the local retirement home for coffee.

Like it or not, this is the Island of Misfit Toys. We all float down here, Georgie.

Also, if we wanna go down this road, everyone raise your hands if you wanted Foster to be a Hawkeye before we found out he was an alleged sex offender...
I saw the Foster threads when I was looking for this one, and decided to specifically avoid them.

But this was a fun thread to look through, all things considered.

As far as I can tell, I did not post on this thread. As such, I stand by what I am sure I posted on other threads around this same time when I heard the Murrays committed: "Damn, we just signed two lottery picks on the same day!"

As far as I can tell, I did not post on this thread. As such, I stand by what I am sure I posted on other threads around this same time when I heard the Murrays committed: "Damn, we just signed two lottery picks on the same day!"
Once one posts in a thread, a small icon of their avatar will appear near the thread title.

Am I the only one going through all the pages and hoping I didn't say something incredibly stupid?
I can’t believe I didn’t chime in on this thread. There has to be others. I remember being optimistic, felt like a Olaseni type of recruits.

Also, if we wanna go down this road, everyone raise your hands if you wanted Foster to be a Hawkeye before we found out he was an alleged sex offender...

Initially, I was disappointed, but once he started having foot problems I was more like Iowa dodged a bullet. A big guy who had barely turned 18 having foot issues is a bad, bad sign.

I can’t believe I didn’t chime in on this thread. There has to be others. I remember being optimistic, felt like a Olaseni type of recruits.

Yeah, I can't believe I didn't chime in either. iirc, I don't think I was super negative. It was a pedigree thing with me. Kenyon was a very smart player I just assumed his kids would be. At some point one or both would be decent role players. Obviously, I didn't see this coming.

Here's the point- we lose the POY, then Joew, then CJ (for what that turned out to be worth), Nunge.......could any of us arm chair experts have predicted this season? It has been a fun ride, and even if we only go 50% the rest if the way, we are 100% better off than most of s thought we would be. This is a way different team than what we are used to. Enjoy the ride folks.

Ouch, my post wasn't as bad as I remember but did not age well. My shame is evident. Fran has a great eye for talent, just so glad these guys were legacy recruits. Could you imagine them playing for State or UNI?

Latest posts