Murray Twins Commit to Iowa

These are 2 great recruits for the Iowa basketball program. They will become great hawkeyes, and help lead the team to championships.

I can't argue. This class so far looks like the list of dudes going to Nebraska-Omaha.

Don't be dissin' the Mavs like that...probably will be the bid from the Summit League this season...which...is...a...lot...more...than...what...I...can...say...for...our...Hawkeyes...right...now.

Did anyone see the story about Obi Toppin from Dayton?

Apparently he was about 6’2/6’3 in high school and went to prep school and grew to be about 6’9. He now stars for Dayton averaging 24 a game and is a potential lottery pick in next years NBA draft. Can step out and shoot the deep ball. He’s a 21 year old sophomore.

He started to get some high major interest at prep school, offers from Dayton, Illinois, and Mississippi State.

Some interesting parallels there, I’m not saying that will happen for the Murray’s. This Toppin kid is really filled out in the shoulders, listed at 6’9/220. But nonetheless found it interesting.

Did anyone see the story about Obi Toppin from Dayton?

Apparently he was about 6’2/6’3 in high school and went to prep school and grew to be about 6’9. He now stars for Dayton averaging 24 a game and is a potential lottery pick in next years NBA draft. Can step out and shoot the deep ball. He’s a 21 year old sophomore.

He started to get some high major interest at prep school, offers from Dayton, Illinois, and Mississippi State.

Some interesting parallels there, I’m not saying that will happen for the Murray’s. This Toppin kid is really filled out in the shoulders, listed at 6’9/220. But nonetheless found it interesting.

Yeah, good find and comp. I'm intrigued by the twins. They've grown taller, gained muscle mass and can definitely shoot. Just real cognitive dissonance in that their physical profile and anecdotal stuff look promising but then Western Illinois was their only offer and mid major coaches weren't even sure they were going to offer at the time Fran did.

Yeah, good find and comp. I'm intrigued by the twins. They've grown taller, gained muscle mass and can definitely shoot. Just real cognitive dissonance in that their physical profile and anecdotal stuff look promising but then Western Illinois was their only offer and mid major coaches weren't even sure they were going to offer at the time Fran did.
Western Illinois was their only offer out of high school. Their prep season hadn’t really started so how would they have really garnered other offers and interest? I’m just posing that hypothetically becuase I don’t really know the logistics, but to me it seems like it would be hard for them to really garner interest without putting much on tape. It’s very possible, I would almost imagine likely given the numbers they are putting up that they would have got more interest had they waited and played out this prep season.

Hard to really say at this point, it’s just a whole different type of recruiting process.

Western Illinois was their only offer out of high school. Their prep season hadn’t really started so how would they have really garnered other offers and interest? I’m just posing that hypothetically becuase I don’t really know the logistics, but to me it seems like it would be hard for them to really garner interest without putting much on tape. It’s very possible, I would almost imagine likely given the numbers they are putting up that they would have got more interest had they waited and played out this prep season.

Hard to really say at this point, it’s just a whole different type of recruiting process.

Well things are either going to crash and burn badly for Fran or he's going to look like a genius for getting the twins when no other school wanted them at the point he offered.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they were undersized and overlooked at an Iowa high school and then built some muscle and height in prep school and now are legit 4 star prospects?

A guy can dream right
and if so will Fran get credited for recruiting and signing TWO 4 STARS? No it will be another Jbo type storyline (hopefully).

Latest posts