More suspensions on the way

He never mentioned Jacksons race... Jackson is missing 2 games in a row due to team rules violations. He's on strike two before this season even starts and whatever he's done happened after the latest round of idiots just got suspended due to alcohol. To go getting yourself in trouble after practice has started and others have already gotten their wakeup calls is really stupid. It's beyond stupid. But to bring it back to the race thing how is 'cash-money-hoes' just a black thing? I'm pretty darn sure there's plenty of white folks that abide by a similar credo (Wegher being one back at the time as he mentioned). And there are white folks that play ball in the SEC. So for someone to ASSUME Fry was somehow insinuating he should transfer to the SEC because only blacks have that mindset is a prejudice within your own mind not his..

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I think what occurred with Jackson and happened back in the spring and not recently.

Some folks watch way too much NBC and CNN news geez. If you want to say what Fry said was stereotyping and mean that'd be fair. Racist? I just can't get there. Especially when those folks try calling him on it and he says it's not. Just because MSNBC has a bunch of 'trigger' words out there that they seem to interpret as being racist when used in a sentence doesn't mean that they actually are. Stereotyping isn't going anywhere. It's just not and I for one see no problem with it. Can some stereotyping be racist? Sure. But not all is and it gets really tiresome to see folks try judging others intents while being completely wrong.
Broadly speaking, negative stereotypes regarding race can be considered racism - I don't believe that applies here however as he never specifically mentioned race nor did he derogate all members of said race. Certain implications could have been made from what he said (I can see how) but that could be more about the person interpreting him IMO

Some folks watch way too much NBC and CNN news geez. If you want to say what Fry said was stereotyping and mean that'd be fair. Racist? I just can't get there. Especially when those folks try calling him on it and he says it's not. Just because MSNBC has a bunch of 'trigger' words out there that they seem to interpret as being racist when used in a sentence doesn't mean that they actually are. Stereotyping isn't going anywhere. It's just not and I for one see no problem with it. Can some stereotyping be racist? Sure. But not all is and it gets really tiresome to see folks try judging others intents while being completely wrong.

I told him I accepted that he didn't mean it as a racist comment and then he called me denser then he thought. So another personal shot without explanation. I explained that his comment could be read that way. I think it could be. Sorry, that's my opinion. I don't retaliate with that kind of garbage, but we've got history and I like to keep Fryowa honest. And so, if I say anything he disagrees with, well, this is what we get.

This thread really got sidetracked. They're college kids, and with 100+ players these things are going happen and do happen to every program. It's hard to imagine anyone running a cleaner program over the course of 20 years than Kirk, so let's not act like it's suddenly a rogue program.

I told him I accepted that he didn't mean it as a racist comment and then he called me denser then he thought. So another personal shot without explanation. I explained that his comment could be read that way. I think it could be. Sorry, that's my opinion. I don't retaliate with that kind of garbage, but we've got history and I like to keep Fryowa honest. And so, if I say anything he disagrees with, well, this is what we get.

You're both being vaginas and I doubt either of you interact this way, when having face to face conversations. ;)

This thread really got sidetracked. They're college kids, and with 100+ players these things are going happen and do happen to every program. It's hard to imagine anyone running a cleaner program over the course of 20 years than Kirk, so let's not act like it's suddenly a rogue program.

I hope none of these guys leave. It all can be part of the learning process. I am sorry for being part of the derailing. I was just expressing what I thought. My original comment on the thread was related to Iowa attacking their star DE

Last edited:
You're both being vaginas and I doubt either of you interact this way, when having face to face conversations. ;)

see that comment could be construed as offensive to women and also offensive to my private parts and I AM just this snow flake that... nah.... I waved the flag a long time ago. I don't have to keep going on with this, I stated how I read it and what I thought, I am done.

see that comment could be construed as offensive to women and also offensive to my private parts and I AM just this snow flake that... nah.... I waved the flag a long time ago. I don't have to keep going on with this, I stated how I read it and what I thought, I am done.

Lighten up Francis. Just lightening the mood and giving you both a hard time. Geez, I call Fry a douche and all he did was agree! Funny how some things never change. I've been browsing HN for 15 years and it's always been bizarre to me how conversations get sideways. Besides, Fry was being a complete troll with his original post, just looking for a victim. Do yourself a favor and don't fall into those traps.

Lighten up Francis. Just lightening the mood and giving you both a hard time. Geez, I call Fry a douche and all he did was agree! Funny how some things never change. I've been browsing HN for 15 years and it's always been bizarre to me how conversations get sideways. Besides, Fry was being a complete troll with his original post, just looking for a victim. Do yourself a favor and don't fall into those traps.

I thought you'd be able to read my sarcasm on that last post, I guess not.

So, back to the topic at hand....

1. Jax.and Latt broke team rules or did not live up to expectations in the spring.
2. They are suspended for.the first game.

What we can tell from Kirk's comments are that they have fulfilled the in house punishments/tasks laid out for them.
This leads me to believe that a stiffer punishment was on the way had they not behaved all summer. I am guessing the young men have learned from this and it is time to grow from it.

It's hard to imagine anyone running a cleaner program over the course of 20 years than Kirk
Nick has to have close to 20 years between his stint at MSU (pre-scandal), LSU and 'Bama. The guy has too many rings for one hand and you don't even need a solitary finger to count scandals that he has been involved with.

True, that kind of scandal runs rampant up here in B1G country.

I realize Ok4p is doing his rah,rah for the SEC schtick. 2(possibly 3) of the biggest scandals in college athletics in the last 10 years have happened at B1G schools.

He is right; however, the “holier than thou “ attitude that permeates through the B1G makes me cringe sometimes.

Nick has to have close to 20 years between his stint at MSU (pre-scandal), LSU and 'Bama. The guy has too many rings for one hand and you don't even need a solitary finger to count scandals that he has been involved with.

So wins and does it the right way? It's possible.

Aside from the obvious derailment in the room, I'll explain my opinion.

Jackson has done something to get himself suspended twice in less than 6 months (supposedly it happened in the spring). He hasn't even started his second season of playing yet. Whether anyone thinks he should be on the team or not, those types of guys don't usually last long at Iowa. That's not deniable. They just don't work out. I get the whole "he's just a kid" thing, but he's shown that even though he knows the rules, he either can't (grades) or won't choose to follow them even within a span of a few months.

If you get suspended for a bowl game then turn around like a dumb ass and do it again for the very next game, or you still can't keep your grades up, then it's not looking good for you at a program like this. My guess is that one more and Kirk will say enough is enough, and my other guess is that he does something dumb again. I think it's time to cut bait now so the Hawks aren't trying to scramble to fill his shoes a year or two from now when someone more steady could have been getting those reps. Feel free to agree or disagree if you want.

I realize Ok4p is doing his rah,rah for the SEC schtick. 2(possibly 3) of the biggest scandals in college athletics in the last 10 years have happened at B1G schools.

He is right; however, the “holier than thou “ attitude that permeates through the B1G makes me cringe sometimes.
It ain't a schtick. Just like I used to hate Northwestern and then my opinion morphed when I moved to Evanston so did my opinion on the SEC when I moved to the South. I love Iowa, but they could only hurt me so many times before I snapped and said enough was enough. Like when they lost three in a row to Northwestern with absolutely loaded teams, I snapped back in 2010 and instead of hating Northwestern for winning, I appreciated what they had put together. Same kinda goes for the SEC.

Look, the SEC has a sordid history of segregated football. But after being in the South for awhile, I get it if a kid turns down Michigan for Tennessee or turns down OSU for Clemson or Georgia or 'Bama. It ain't because they're paying guys, it's because Ann Arbor and Columbus suck in the winter.

And the holier than thou attitude is old. It's how losers justify losing. Sure, some Hillary voter might cry himself to sleep (while his wife out on a date with her boyfriend) thinking about how he is "on the right side of history" or whatever, but at the end of the day, the guy is still a loser. That's the mentality of the Big Ten.

I can't believe someone had the audacity to suggest rap is dominated by black people. What a racist.

Latest posts