More suspensions on the way

Dude, you said Alaric Jackson, an African American Iowa player, should go to the SEC because he’s not a fit at Iowa, where players can go do the cash-money-hoes thing. That's an incredibly offensive stereotype, I promise. I am not hurt, I am not the victim, but you are clearly just outed as a bigot who just double downed on it. I don't want you to do shit (like roll over, cower or even apologize) except not be a racist. That's not hard is it? You should quit while you're behind.

and explain to me why YOU making a racist comment means you should tear ME down for no reason whatsoever?
Again, I said the same thing about Wegher. Who is white last time I checked. For me to "stop being a racist" I'd have to be one first. We apparently won't agree on that. Stop looking for reasons to cry about something.

Nevermind about that...keep whining if it's what you want to do. Who am I to tell you not to snivel? This is America, right?.

My response. "That comment was racist"

"OH YEAH, GO F YOURSELF, I MADE RACIST COMMENTS BEFORE AND NO ONE CALLED ME ON IT, YOU ARE WEAK AND PROBABLY A GUY WHO DOESN'T GET GOOD COMEDY. STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM AND GO GET A JOB" - the well rounded stable guy.
Wow. Such caps.

Did I really yell that loud? Or are you over exaggerating to make a point that isn't there?

haha, yeah, I was looking for racist comments so it's my fault. I don't get how you people think but you guys are fun. FWIW I thought the comment was racist. I still do. I thought his comments to me after the fact were extremely rude and uncalled for as well. That doesn't make me a victim, it makes Fry not a real nice person to his fellow man.

haha, yeah, I was looking for racist comments so it's my fault. I don't get how you people think but you guys are fun. FWIW I thought the comment was racist. I still do. I thought his comments to me after the fact were extremely rude and uncalled for as well. That doesn't make me a victim, it makes Fry not a real nice person to his fellow man.
My comments to you afterwards were definitely rude. I'm not arguing that.

Dude, you said Alaric Jackson, an African American Iowa player, should go to the SEC because he’s not a fit at Iowa, where players can go do the cash-money-hoes thing. That's an incredibly offensive stereotype, I promise. I am not hurt, I am not the victim, but you are clearly just outed as a bigot who just double downed on it. I don't want you to do shit (like roll over, cower or even apologize) except not be a racist. That's not hard is it? You should quit while you're behind.

and explain to me why YOU making a racist comment means you should tear ME down for no reason whatsoever?
He never mentioned Jacksons race... Jackson is missing 2 games in a row due to team rules violations. He's on strike two before this season even starts and whatever he's done happened after the latest round of idiots just got suspended due to alcohol. To go getting yourself in trouble after practice has started and others have already gotten their wakeup calls is really stupid. It's beyond stupid. But to bring it back to the race thing how is 'cash-money-hoes' just a black thing? I'm pretty darn sure there's plenty of white folks that abide by a similar credo (Wegher being one back at the time as he mentioned). And there are white folks that play ball in the SEC. So for someone to ASSUME Fry was somehow insinuating he should transfer to the SEC because only blacks have that mindset is a prejudice within your own mind not his..

Oh...

So the added emphasis was yours...

It was, that’s how I read your response that started with a go F myself. I’ll be honest if you say it wasn’t intended to be a racist comment I can accept that, it certainly read that way to me. I don’t think I’m any of what you described either.

Again, I said the same thing about Wegher. Who is white last time I checked. For me to "stop being a racist" I'd have to be one first. We apparently won't agree on that. Stop looking for reasons to cry about something.

Nevermind about that...keep whining if it's what you want to do. Who am I to tell you not to snivel? This is America, right?.

He is right on this one. It was racist or would be to hearers. ..maybe not to you. Arguing again?

He is right on this one. It was racist or would be to hearers. ..maybe not to you. Arguing again?
Your opinion's a fart in the wind like everyone else's (including mine).

If you're going to participate with your unsurpassed knowledge of philosophy and the arts, at least add something funny.

I’ll be honest if you say it wasn’t intended to be a racist comment I can accept that...
Jesus dude.

See that's what's wrong here. I'm not going to try and justify or clarify anything I say. I don't need to.

If you couldn't figure out from the previous convo that what I said "wasn't intended to be racist" then you're denser than I thought. What you want is for me to come out and say it, and validate your little point about how I'm this and that...You don't care about my comment, you just want something to whine about and for me to come out and relent to you.

No.

Your opinion's a fart in the wind like everyone else's (including mine).

If you're going to participate with your unsurpassed knowledge of philosophy and the arts, at least add something funny.

You know you could be a darned good philosophy instructor if you so desired. However, instead you are like:
DependentTornBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif

He never mentioned Jacksons race... Jackson is missing 2 games in a row due to team rules violations. He's on strike two before this season even starts and whatever he's done happened after the latest round of idiots just got suspended due to alcohol. To go getting yourself in trouble after practice has started and others have already gotten their wakeup calls is really stupid. It's beyond stupid. But to bring it back to the race thing how is 'cash-money-hoes' just a black thing? I'm pretty darn sure there's plenty of white folks that abide by a similar credo (Wegher being one back at the time as he mentioned). And there are white folks that play ball in the SEC. So for someone to ASSUME Fry was somehow insinuating he should transfer to the SEC because only blacks have that mindset is a prejudice within your own mind not his..

I agree with you, Jackson has made some dumb decisions apparently. I hope he learns from them and becomes a better person of society. He can do that at Iowa. I don't have any sort of info that would lead me to think that he needs to transfer out to go to SEC where "cash money hoes" is acceptable. Has he gotten in trouble for cash? Money? Or hoes? Insinuating that the kids some sort of thug when we know nothing of the sort is something I think a lot of people could read as a racist remark. Maybe me reading that makes me the racist but I don't remember him saying Reiff should transfer to the SEC... I just have to accept that he said the same about Brandon Weghers.

Jesus dude.

See that's what's wrong here. I'm not going to try and justify or clarify anything I say. I don't need to.

If you couldn't figure out from the previous convo that what I said "wasn't intended to be racist" then you're denser than I thought. What you want is for me to come out and say it, and validate your little point about how I'm this and that...You don't care about my comment, you just want something to whine about and for me to come out and relent to you.

No.

My only point is it seemed like a racist comment. That's how I read it. Somehow, that means you need to defend yourself by tearing me down, calling me dense, telling me how wrong I am and what is wrong with me. It's nice, I just sit here and be as pleasant as I can to you and you keep doing all the work for me.

Some folks watch way too much NBC and CNN news geez. If you want to say what Fry said was stereotyping and mean that'd be fair. Racist? I just can't get there. Especially when those folks try calling him on it and he says it's not. Just because MSNBC has a bunch of 'trigger' words out there that they seem to interpret as being racist when used in a sentence doesn't mean that they actually are. Stereotyping isn't going anywhere. It's just not and I for one see no problem with it. Can some stereotyping be racist? Sure. But not all is and it gets really tiresome to see folks try judging others intents while being completely wrong.

I didn't see the racism in Fry's post, although "Money, Cash, Hoes" is a rap song by Jay-Z feat DMX, both African American males from a predominately AA dominated genre (especially at that time). I think the usage of the line was intended to be funny but ended up just being ignorant as it in no way relates to the situation of AJ. It may draw reference to black culture and SEC country but I wouldn't consider it to be blatant racism. Just my .02 which I know matters in no way whatsoever.

I agree with you, Jackson has made some dumb decisions apparently. I hope he learns from them and becomes a better person of society. He can do that at Iowa. I don't have any sort of info that would lead me to think that he needs to transfer out to go to SEC where "cash money hoes" is acceptable. Has he gotten in trouble for cash? Money? Or hoes? Insinuating that the kids some sort of thug when we know nothing of the sort is something I think a lot of people could read as a racist remark. Maybe me reading that makes me the racist but I don't remember him saying Reiff should transfer to the SEC... I just have to accept that he said the same about Brandon Weghers.
And I don't agree with what Frys take is either. I'd rather keep the kid then kick him to the curb. I don't have a clue if the kid is a thug as Fry insinuates. I agree with you on that. But the kid being a thug or not and thrown into that category or not isn't in and of itself racist... I guess that's my overarching take on it. I hope strike 2 is the wakeup call this guy needs to have the light go on. I mean good God he's a starting left tackle in the BIG as a sophomore. All he's gotta do is keep his nose to the grind, stay healthy and he'll have himself a multi million dollar future. That lottery ticket is sitting right there to be grabbed for him. But this sort of stuff will drastically affect that... It's up to him how much.

Latest posts