McNutt, Sash and Prater

C'mon man. Bradley Fletcher, Charles Godfrey, Amari Spievey all starting in the league. All drafted in the 3rd round or earlier. Prater would definitely be drafted if he left. In fact, I'd say he's the highest draft pick of the 3 right now. Scares the crap out of me because I want him back desperately.

This is 100% correct. Here a link of WR seniors only from the MEL himself notice DJK is a 41 then read the bottom. Then let me know how any of you could ever think McNutt is 70-79.

2011 NFL Draft Results by Position - Wide Receivers - ESPN

I will take Prater and you can have McNutt for amount or anything you want to measure. 6'4 with good hands bag grocery's in the NFL.

I will bet you whatever you want that if both came out right now McNutt would go higher (really only one way to know this for sure).

C'mon man. Bradley Fletcher, Charles Godfrey, Amari Spievey all starting in the league. All drafted in the 3rd round or earlier. Prater would definitely be drafted if he left. In fact, I'd say he's the highest draft pick of the 3 right now. Scares the crap out of me because I want him back desperately.

All were bigger than Prater, and better. Spievey, easily the best and Norm even said Spievey is the best DB he's coached. At least 2 of the 3 (not sure on Fletcher) play Safety at the next level. Prater doesn't have the size to be a safety right now. He is not as polished as any of them, and Fletcher benefited from a good senior year next to...........Spievey.

This is 100% correct. Here a link of WR seniors only from the MEL himself notice DJK is a 41 then read the bottom. Then let me know how any of you could ever think McNutt is 70-79.

I can't see the numbers, but I would say McNutt is a 60-69 which is a middle round draft pick. Using the same criteria how can you say that Prater is even close to a 60-69 RIGHT NOW.

I can't see the numbers, but I would say McNutt is a 60-69 which is a middle round draft pick. Using the same criteria how can you say that Prater is even close to a 60-69 RIGHT NOW.

Oh my so you think DJK is a 41 and McNutt is a 65. Step away from the Kool Aid.

I will bet you whatever you want that if both came out right now McNutt would go higher (really only one way to know this for sure).

Don't matter cause McNutt has no shot of coming out. Lets say Iowa bowl tickets for next season ?

I don't beleive that betting of materials is allowed, more of a your avatar or signature kind of bet. However, I agree I think McNutt stays, though I don't know what kind of WR class there will be this year. I also think that Prater stays cause he isn't ready.

Also, McNutt is a better pro prospect than DJK by a long shot (behavior included), so the previous comparison of the two is a moot point really.

Watch a college football game, and when a player on one of the teams playing gets drafted in the 3rd round, let me know if he met those very broad "requirements". Seriously, do you pay any attention to the game or the draft?

Oh my so you think DJK is a 41 and McNutt is a 65. Step away from the Kool Aid.

DJK also is shorter. He also isn't a burner (more quick than fast). He has a tendency to catch passes with his body rather than his hands. And he also doesn't always go up hard for a jump ball. Those last two weaknesses can be corrected. But as he is, combined with the off-field issues, it's no surprise that Kiper has him ranked as a "marginal" prospect.

Interesting...

WesBunting Wesley Bunting
#Iowa jrs....Sash is mid/late round guy, same for McNutt, Prater is more of a 3rd rounder IMO #NFLDRAFT

**Edit - Wes Bunting holds this position: The Director of College Scouting for the National Football Post

Just asked Wes Bunting (NFL Draft guy for the National Football Post) about the 3 Iowa Juniors on Twitter. His response...

#Iowa jrs....Sash is mid/late round guy, same for McNutt, Prater is more of a 3rd rounder IMO #NFLDRAFT

Watch a college football game, and when a player on one of the teams playing gets drafted in the 3rd round, let me know if he met those very broad "requirements". Seriously, do you pay any attention to the game or the draft?

Not sure what this means ? You know more than the MEL ?

I don't beleive that betting of materials is allowed, more of a your avatar or signature kind of bet. However, I agree I think McNutt stays, though I don't know what kind of WR class there will be this year. I also think that Prater stays cause he isn't ready.

Also, McNutt is a better pro prospect than DJK by a long shot (behavior included), so the previous comparison of the two is a moot point really.

Ok Farmer fair enough a sig bet would be fun.

Here is another list this is before DJK's trouble and has the draft able Juniors listed as well.

2011 NFL draft: WR cheat sheets - ESPN

Notice no Mc Nutt anywhere.

Just asked Wes Bunting (NFL Draft guy for the National Football Post) about the 3 Iowa Juniors on Twitter. His response...

I don't get what everyone sees in Prater right now. I think one more year would do him a lot of good, but hes' not that big, he can't play bump and run, and he does get beat. I'm not sure how he can be equivalent of Spievey, but some think he is. I don't, and that's why I don't think Prater is a 3rd rounder.

Here is another list this is before DJK's trouble and has the draft able Juniors listed as well.

You really think that every 3rd round pick was close to being an elite player in college? Not even remotely. Hell, there's been FIRST rounders who weren't close to elite in college. The standards for 3rd round prospects that you directed us to are pretty broad, hardly indicitive of what it actually takes to be a 3rd rounder.

The NFL draft has more overanalysis than probably anything out there, but common sense tells me that there is no way Prater gets drafted in the same round as Spievey (3rd). It seemed as though hardly anyone threw at him last year. Then he gets drafted and moved to safety. Spievey was twice the corner for Iowa last year than Prater was this year.

You might want to stop linking to ESPN Insider, since most of us can't read that (anybody who actually pays for that stuff is a sucker, it's hardly worth it). And I'd guess that the majority of juniors aren't listed unless they are in the class of A.J. Green, Julio Jones, etc., and therefore expected to declare.

I don't get what everyone sees in Prater right now. I think one more year would do him a lot of good, but hes' not that big, he can't play bump and run, and he does get beat. I'm not sure how he can be equivalent of Spievey, but some think he is. I don't, and that's why I don't think Prater is a 3rd rounder.

The NFL likes our CBs because we force them to be physical with our system. Prater fits this description as a physical tackler. I believe he possesses good speed and good ball skills. I think he had an outstanding season and was our best player in the secondary this year, maybe even the whole defense. There's a reason he was named 1st team All Big 10 by both the coaches and the media.

Latest posts